Help me decide -- Vistana Villages or Resort?

mloren

Mouseketeer
Will be at WDW this March (hurray!).

With DH, DD (9) and DS (11).

Will be staying onsite for a few days, and then
at either Vistana Villages or Resorts.

Which one would be better for us?

I am most interested in quality of pools and
activities for kids in the 9-12 age range.
Don't care much about restaurants. Don't care
much if one is a bit farther to WDW.

Also, is there construction going on at either one
of these? (wouldn't want that, either).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "Resort"??? We are staying at VV from 1/18 - 28. We drove over there on our October trip to look the resort over and it looked great. We are DVC members but can't pass up a great rate of $79.90 a night for a 2 bedroom. The pool is an over-sized zero entry type with a spray area for real little ones. There is a waterfall but no slides. It did not appear that there was any building going on at the time. Just a large group of units built around the pool. There appears to be lots of land close-by for future development of the property...not sure when it will happen.

Hi mloren,

We have stayed at Vistana Resort in the past and will be staying at the Vistana Villages in exactly 14 days (YEAH!!!!!!!). We chose to go to the Villages over the Resort because we stayed in an older unit at the Resort plus the Villages rates are lower. I can't comment on the kids activities at either resort since we don't use them. I will try to get more info about them when I stay at the Villages and post them to you.

roxanne

The Resort is about as close to the MK as you can get while being offsite. I believe that Vistana Village is a little further out (maybe 10/15minutes??, - not really sure). I have stayed at the Resort and will be there again in December. Some of the units are on the older side, but are still nice. They are large and very functionally. The resort is very large and has several pools, a small food shop (expensive versus real food store) and a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter