Help me plan a day at Ft. W

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We will be staying at CCV in December and would like to spend an afternoon/evening at Ft. W. I have an idea of what we would like to do, but am having trouble getting a handle on the logistics of it all so thought I would ask the experts here on the camping thread. My thought was to reserve a golf cart for the day (if there is one available). It looks like we could pick that up at 1:00 pm (at the Reception area, I think?), so I thought we would either drive to Ft. W in a rental car or take the bus from WL to Ft. W. We were planning on booking the archery experience which starts at 2:45 pm. I thought if we had time between picking up the golf cart and the archery experience, we could rent kayaks or a canoe in the Bike Barn area which is also where the archery experience starts. We would also like to visit the new stables (is that near the Reception area now or still near the Settlement). After archery, we were thinking of driving the golf cart over to the Settlement to eat at P&J's and, once the sun goes down, taking a look at the Christmas decorations. Is this doable? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you so much.

We had some friends visit from up north during last December and i rented a cart for the day. The actual pickup time is 1:00pm but i have shown up as early as 10:00 an got a cart. The time i mentiined above we got there early, about 11:00 and it wasn't ready. Took the internal bus over to the settlement picked up a sandwich at P&Js. By the time we finished and rode back the cart was ready. You could easily do what you wanted in your time frame. Looping for Christmas decorations is a blast!

Forgot to mention, call and reserve now. I'm not sure how busy they'll be when you plan on being there but carts go fast that time of year.

new stables (is that near the Reception area now or still near the Settlement)
The new Tri Circle D ranch is located near the lake at the Settlement. Same location you would take a bus to or from WL (right across the street from the bus stop actually.) They're only open till 3P so you'd want to make that one of the first things you did if you got there at 1.

Currently, P&Js is only offereing a very limited take out menu.
TIP: The Pizza is worse than a freezer burned Convenience Store frozen pizza. Thin Cracker Crust, burnt on the bottom, crust around the edges not baked, very bitter tomato paste for sauce. Ended up eating the cheese and seasonings (which was tasty) off the top and threw the whole pizza crust out. As others have said, order a Pizza, throw out the Pizza, eat the box. Their recipe has definitely changed with the times as has much of the food at Disney.

Agree with @Breezy2, the Pizza used to be pretty good, our last trip, 2019, it was horrible, Disney food has definitely turned for the worse, I was looking at menus yesterday, most restaurants have only 5 entree's, probably going to do most meals at the RV next trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!