Help me plan this 1-night stay at Aulani

hodad

DIS Veteran
Now that we've successfully pulled off a 10-person Christmas trip to WDW, it's time for me to plan our next Disney adventure and I'd appreciate your help.

We had one free night between the Big Island and Waikiki on our upcoming trip, so we rented DVC points for one night at Aulani in April. Our flight arrives at 8:30am on the 6th and we drive to Waikiki on the 7th. That doesn't give us a lot of time at the resort, but I want to make sure that we don't miss anything glaringly obvious or heavily encouraged, since this will probably be our only visit. I've already pre-registered my 7yo daughter for the free Aunty activities, but what else should I decide 3 months in advance?

Last edited:
Personally I would book Makahiki for dinner so you never have to leave the bubble. Everyone raves about Ama Ama breakfast, so maybe book that the next morning. But I wouldn't plan much else, as there is so much to do there and there's no way you'll do it all in two days. I'd look at some Daily Iwas to see what activities might interest you (and maybe get feedback on them here), so when you arrive you already know that. Maybe a ukelele lesson, the menehune Trail, which character meets, etc, so when you arrive, you can get the Iwa and make a quick game plan.

If you'll only be there one night, there really aren't to many decisions that need to be made in advance, and you've already done one of them. The other would be if you want to do the Luau. Maybe research the restaurants that you want to eat at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter