Help me please!!! First time to go to Universal....Clueless!

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Hello. DD and I will be heading down to Fl in August. We will be staying one week at BWV at WDW. The last two nights I have reserved a room at the Poly, but wanted to go to Universal for a day. How much of a hassle is it to stay off property when going to Universal?

What are the benefits of staying on site?

How do their resorts compare to WDW?

Is it do-able to stay at WDW and drive to Universal for a day?

I don't know the first thing about how to get a good room rate at Universal or even how or where to buy tickets....

HELP!!!! Please.:bounce:

I've stayed at most of the resorts on Disney property. They are the same if not slightly better than the upper end resorts at Disney The main advantage is the Express pass. You can skip all the main lines and take the shorter line.

It is possible to do Universal in a day only one of the parks. It is a farely quick drive as long as you don't catch I-4 during rush hour. You can be caught in traffic for hours if you do. This is normally between 7-9 and 4-6. I was told that they have a pretty bad luch rush hour but I havn't experienced it yet.

If you can stay on Universal property it will be worth it. During August it might still be busy. During the first half of August Florida schools are still out.

To get a discount call 800-uescape. Check on Entertainment rate this is normally the best discounted room rates. You can go onto Universalorlando.com and click on the buy tickets and they have a couple of good ticket deals going.

Personally, I think that the hotels are superior to Disney - the beds are spectacular. I'm really impressed with the entire Universal set up. If I were you, I'd switch those last two nights to onsite at Universal!. There is a great review of the Hard Rock Hotel at http://www.orlandotripplanner.com - it's on their newsletter page. You might even be able to get one of the discounts at the onsite hotels. I don't think you would regret switching your reservation at all. Get a two day hopper pass to IOA AND Universal - so much to see!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter