Help My DW with doing weight watchers at Disney

Tank

Mouseketeer
My Dw wants to stay on track and doesn't want to splurge to much on vacation. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to eat. Best places for chicken, turkey, fresh fruits and veggies. Any WW out there please help.

I tried to do WW at Disney two years ago and unfortunately, did not stay on track because of all the wonderful temptations.

However, my DH, DD and I did SO MUCH walking that I was pleasantly surprised when I returned home and had actually maintained my weight.

I don't know if your wife is looking to still try to lose while on vacation. (I know from experience, that's when it's hardest.)

If she is, tell her not to beat herself up too much if she splurges. The excercise is great and will make-up for many of her indulgences.

Grilled chicken sandwiches are available at Magic Kingdom, as well as McD's at Downtown Disney, etc.

Good luck!:D

Well, I have heard of folks at the WISH team losing 2-5 pounds on their vacations- but I give myself leeway and will be thrilled if I only gain 1 or 2. Here's my approach- I'll let you know how I do- going in 13 days!! :)

Eat Total Cereal/skim milk in the room- carry apple slices/plums in the back pack to the parks for mid snacks- for lunch have a salad- lots of counter restaurants offer salads as well as the sit-downs. Then for dinner- stick to the steak/chicken/salmon entrees and avoid the high carbs like rolls/potatoes etc.- now for dessert- I'll have my kids order one to split between the 3 of them (8,5,4) and I'll have 2 bites. With all the walking I should come out okay. Tell her to visit us at the WISH board- lots of Weight Watcher pros there who have been there done that!! :)

Have a great trip!
Tara

You probably want to stop by the "WISH" Board here on the DIS. It stands for "We're Inspired to Staying Healthy" LOTS of people on WW there. I'm sure they can give you some good ideas! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter