• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Need recipe for tomorrow.....

D

Dis-knee

I have been racking my brain and cookbooks for a recepie for Fruit Ambrosia Salad. I need one that doesn't use dairy products. I can't remember what all goes in. I hope that ya'll have some ideas for me. My daughter wants to make something herself for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks to all who respond. Happy holidays!!

WOW! I haven't made ambrosia for years but I seem to remember making it with apples, mandarin oranges, coconut, raisins, pecans, miniature marshmallows, and for the dressing, non dairy whipped topping. I think that sometime I cut up a banana. There are no measurements, it's just whatever you happen to have or what you like best. Probably the most important ingredients are the mandarin oranges, marshmallow and the coconut.

Have fun,

chessie

I've been kind of collecting various recipes for Ambrosia as it's DS's favorite. So far I have 5 of them. Only one of them calls for dairy products other than Cool Whip - and they make a version without any dairy products.

Usually it's just
8 oz cool whip
3 cups mini marshmallows
10 oz jar of maraschino cherries, drained
and various fruits. Usually a can of each, drained - such as: fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks or crushed & mandarin oranges. Some call for ~1/2 cup chopped nuts & ~ 2 cups shredded coconut.

A couple also call for things like 1 ripe banana, sliced; 3 oranges cut into segments & 1/4 tsp grated orange rind; 2 grapefruit cut into segments.

One of them also calls for a teaspoon each of ground nutmeg & cinnamon.

Just combine everything & refrigerate 30 min to an hour. This makes 6 to 10 servings, unless DS is one of them! ;)

Wow, you guys put a lot of stuff in yours. They all sound great. I just use cool whip, marshmallows, cherries and pinapple tidbits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter