Help! OKW or SSR - which one with young kids?

eyeheartgoofy

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'm booking a last minute trip (July) for our family of 4. We will be staying in a studio b/c we are point challenged ...

Studios available for our stay are OKW and SSR. We have only stayed at VWL in the past. Our girls are 3 & 5. I think the zero entry pool and new Grandstand area may appeal to us at SSR. I think the larger rooms and smaller point requirement at OKW may be nice as well. What to do, what to do ...

What do you guys think? Any suggestions from parents of young kids? I need to make the reservation first thing tomorrow (assuming availability at both is still open - called MS just prior to closing tonight and it looked fine).

Thanks!

Hello! I'm booking a last minute trip (July) for our family of 4. We will be staying in a studio b/c we are point challenged ...

Studios available for our stay are OKW and SSR. We have only stayed at VWL in the past. Our girls are 3 & 5. I think the zero entry pool and new Grandstand area may appeal to us at SSR. I think the larger rooms and smaller point requirement at OKW may be nice as well. What to do, what to do ...

What do you guys think? Any suggestions from parents of young kids? I need to make the reservation first thing tomorrow (assuming availability at both is still open - called MS just prior to closing tonight and it looked fine).

Thanks!

In a studio, the size difference @ OKW in the "living" area is not as obvious since there are two queen beds taking up floorspace. The bathroom, however, is MUCH larger. The point savings is very nice and it's a very well- themed resort.

I'd personally prefer SSR with small kids - both for the pool and for the very kid/family friendly CS dining. (Plus, we are anxious to try the dive in movies.) But, I also would not hesitate to do OKW again if we were watching point usage.

Hard call. My daughter who is not quite 2 has been to both and has enjoyed each one (as did we).

On plus for SSR Studio is that you will have a bed and a sofa bed so if the family wants to relax a bit in the room, you have a more area to hang out so to speak.

I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

I would say SSR.

now the new slide at OKW definitely appeals to kids. I would be afraid it would too fast for little ones.:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter