Help! Summerfield Suites LBV-- anyone w/experience?

jumpinjiminy

Earning My Ears
Long time viewer, first time poster... My wife and I are taking my daughter (6) and my parents (ages withheld) to WDW for all of Thanksgiving week. W/O early entry, and knowing that we will have a rental car, I figured off-site for the first part of the vacation would be fine. (We're moving to ASMo after my parents leave on Wed., so my daughter will get some of the on-site magic.) Has anyone stayed or heard from anyone who has stayed at the Summerfield Suites LBV? or Holiday Inn Family Suites? Should make reservation soon, so quick reply would be appreciated! You guys are so helpful in here! Thanks!

Hi....SS is in a great location at LBV...some friends stayed there and said rooms were very nice, breakfast was only so so........LBV is very close to disney east entrance by Marketplace.....but a very long walk from your hotel.....good choice if you got a good price....Ted

We stayed at Summerfield Suites-LBV this past March. We had a two bedroom suite with a sofa sleeper in the living room - very nice to have 2 bathrooms and 3 televisions for our family of 5. The kitchen is complete with a full sized refrigerator, which could have been handy except I don't cook on vacation. ;)

The breakfast buffet was adequate - lots of bread products which would vary from day to day, fruit, and cereal. They had the option of two hot entrees (some kind of omelet & some kind of pancake) each day for $3. The eating areas are nice, or we could eat outside.

We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and how convenient it was to get to the parks. We had always been "stay on-site" advocates, but don't consider it that much of an advantage unless we stay at the Epcot deluxe resorts. That would have cost $500+ more per day for Easter week! (2 rooms).

I think there are lots of posts about HIFS - you might want to do a search.

Good luck.

WE HAVE STAYED AT BOTH SUMMERFIELD LOCATIONS IN ORLANDO. THEY BOTH ARE NICE BUT WE PREFER THE LBV LOCATION. YOU WILL LOVE IT THERE. AS SAID BEFORE THE BREAKFAST IS NICE AND THE SUITES ARE VERY LARGE FOR THE PRICE. PLENTY OF ROOM . :jester:

I appreciate your comments! As soon as I posted this query, I saw another post which suggested searching through the trip reports forum. LOTS of good info there! Ended up getting a 2 room suite at Summerfield LBV for 5 nights at an average of 110/night (tax, etc. included) -- better than the two rooms I would have needed anywhere on the Disney property. My wife, daughter and I will still be going back to ASMo for the last three (and yes, most crowded) days (Wed-Sat, Thanksgiving weekend), but we can handle that location better than my parents could. Think this will work out best all around. And if not-- too late! Thanks again for the input. I'll be sure to post my post-trip info upon return! 18 more days, but who's counting?:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter