HELP! Ticket Disaster...need suggestions

Eeyore's the Best

Mouseketeer
Hi, we have found ourselves in quite a situation. We are going for two weeks in January, booked at Pop Century room only because we knew we wanted to use credit card rewards points to purchase our tickets, which we have done before.

Called the credit card reward to purchase tickets approx. 3 weeks ago, it's BMO Rewards, initial call seemed to go well, we purchased two 10 day Canadian Resident Park Hopper tickets and the agent told us she was booking them through Air Canada Vacations instead of directly through Disney because they have a better exchange rate. Not a problem we thought, as one of our prior tickets had been purchased through them, took a couple of days longer to get the ticket number but it wasn't a big issue.

A few days go by we haven't received the tickets, so I call in, they call ACV (Air Canada Vacations), they say oh they haven't go the tickets yet call back....this happens a few more times now I'm starting to get nervous. Our Fast Pass day is on December 10.

Call back today and finally get someone that somehow gets the answer from ACV that our tickets won't be sent out until 30 days because they are meant for off site guests. I have never heard of this!

Basically turns out what they are saying is that the tickets purchased as part of the package are different than stand alone tickets, which is crap, a ticket is a ticket. I've been on the phone with a supervisor from Rewards and now she is calling a supervisor at ACV to see what they can do.

Rewards is saying NO REFUNDS no matter what, I'm saying as far as I'm concerned if I can't get the tickets 60 days before hand they are useless.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to stuck booking fast passes at 30 days!

I would recommend moving this to the Canadian site as others there might be able to help you better. I'm Canadian also but don't have any experience purchasing tickets via BMO or ACV.

That's all I'm trying to get is the ticket numbers. I don't understand why this is such a problem, BMO has given them my points/money, ACV just needs to buy the tickets now, I'm really hoping that this supervisor is going to be able to sort something out.

Rewards is saying NO REFUNDS no matter what, I'm saying as far as I'm concerned if I can't get the tickets 60 days before hand they are useless.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to stuck booking fast passes at 30 days!

Your tickets are not useless if you don't get them before 60 days out. I've heard MANY success stories of those who have gotten FPs at 30 days out on the hard to get headliners. FoP, FEA, 7DMT, etc. Just step away for a bit, clear your head, and rethink things. Good luck! :-)

Thank you for all of your kind messages, I did post this in the heat of the moment to speak. A little later in the morning I had resigned myself that it wasn’t the end of the world if I didn’t them.

CHecked my email a couple of hours ago and we have tickets!! BUT, you aren’t going to believe this they are supposed to be Park hopper and they aren’t, they didn’t send the right ticket!

Our confirmation clearly says Park hopper so now I’m going to try to sort this out Monday morning. Worse case scenario we just upgrade when we get there.

Still not perfect but much better than I was this morning!

I had the same problem when I bought tickets through a Canadian travel agent because I didn’t book the hotel through them (I am a DVC member). I was lucky and managed to return them though. I won’t buy tickets not through Disney or Undercover Tourists again.

Thank you for all of your kind messages, I did post this in the heat of the moment to speak. A little later in the morning I had resigned myself that it wasn’t the end of the world if I didn’t them.

CHecked my email a couple of hours ago and we have tickets!! BUT, you aren’t going to believe this they are supposed to be Park hopper and they aren’t, they didn’t send the right ticket!

Our confirmation clearly says Park hopper so now I’m going to try to sort this out Monday morning. Worse case scenario we just upgrade when we get there.

Ugh, isn't this so frustrating! Can no one do a decent job anymore!! Hope you get everything sorted out today!

Hope you were able to get everything sorted out this morning!

any update? I admit even though I am a "glass is half full" girl this scenario made my stomach clench. I'd be freaking out too. At least you can make your FPs with the tickets you have though.

Just saw your update that you received the wrong tickets, but I was going to say that you should tell the company that the tickets were misrepresented to you when they were sold to you, and therefore they should give you a refund as a goodwill gesture. And if all else fails, dispute the charge with your credit card. If the company told you X and its really Y, and your relied on X to be true when you made the purchase, then you should be justified in the dispute since it was misrepresented to you.

Good luck!

Hi, we have found ourselves in quite a situation. We are going for two weeks in January, booked at Pop Century room only because we knew we wanted to use credit card rewards points to purchase our tickets, which we have done before.

Called the credit card reward to purchase tickets approx. 3 weeks ago, it's BMO Rewards, initial call seemed to go well, we purchased two 10 day Canadian Resident Park Hopper tickets and the agent told us she was booking them through Air Canada Vacations instead of directly through Disney because they have a better exchange rate. Not a problem we thought, as one of our prior tickets had been purchased through them, took a couple of days longer to get the ticket number but it wasn't a big issue.

A few days go by we haven't received the tickets, so I call in, they call ACV (Air Canada Vacations), they say oh they haven't go the tickets yet call back....this happens a few more times now I'm starting to get nervous. Our Fast Pass day is on December 10.

Call back today and finally get someone that somehow gets the answer from ACV that our tickets won't be sent out until 30 days because they are meant for off site guests. I have never heard of this!

Basically turns out what they are saying is that the tickets purchased as part of the package are different than stand alone tickets, which is crap, a ticket is a ticket. I've been on the phone with a supervisor from Rewards and now she is calling a supervisor at ACV to see what they can do.

I don't know if this will help but you don't actually get the tickets until you are in Disney. This is how it was for us at the beginning of November. We also how Canadian Resisdent tickets. I believe we were sent an email with a confirmation number that we linked to My Disney Experience to book out fastpasses We also were mailed a letter with our ticket vouchers. When we arrived at Disney we went to Guest services in Disney Springs and they turned our voucher into tickets and officially linked them to our magic bands. They also game us those cards in case we had problems. We were required to take out passports to prove out residency in Canada. HTH

any update? I admit even though I am a "glass is half full" girl this scenario made my stomach clench. I'd be freaking out too. At least you can make your FPs with the tickets you have though.

I’m not sure what happens when they get linked though - can she ‘unlink’ them and return them? I don’t think she can?

I had the same problem when I bought tickets through a Canadian travel agent because I didn’t book the hotel through them (I am a DVC member). I was lucky and managed to return them though. I won’t buy tickets not through Disney or Undercover Tourists again.

Next time for sure I'm going to make them buy them direct from Disney which I now know I can ask them to do.

I don't know if this will help but you don't actually get the tickets until you are in Disney. This is how it was for us at the beginning of November. We also how Canadian Resisdent tickets. I believe we were sent an email with a confirmation number that we linked to My Disney Experience to book out fastpasses We also were mailed a letter with our ticket vouchers. When we arrived at Disney we went to Guest services in Disney Springs and they turned our voucher into tickets and officially linked them to our magic bands. They also game us those cards in case we had problems. We were required to take out passports to prove out residency in Canada. HTH

Hi, it's really the confirmation number I was looking for, I bought the same tickets for my trip last year. We just went to a ticket window at MK to prove Canadian Residency.

I couldn't dispute them with the credit card because I didn't actually pay for them with money but with credit card points.
I’m not sure what happens when they get linked though - can she ‘unlink’ them and return them? I don’t think she can?

I didn't link the the ones I received.

UPDATE : I now have a supervisor direct line which is making it easier to talk to them. I called through to let them know I received my tickets but they weren't right. The good news is the calls are recorded, in my call I probably confirmed I was getting a park hopper about 8 times and they have the call between the BMO rep and the ACV booking agent and she asked for a Park hopper as well. I told her I could upgrade the tickets when I had linked them or when I arrived but I wanted to make sure I hadn't paid for park hopper and didn't get it.

At the time of the call I remember the tickets totalling less than I figured they would but the agent at the time told me ACV has a better exchange rate on the tickets. Red flag number one should have realized something was up.

She called back later in the day and it looks like they issued one park per day and that is all we paid for even though the rep had asked for a park hoppers. Air Canada says we can upgrade the tickets but will have to pay the difference which I'm fine with but now BMO is fighting saying that it wasn't their error so they ACV should cover it.

At this point I'm like whatever, I was going to pay all along just pay them (still with points ) and get me my park hopper tickets! But now get this, ACV told them it would be $180 each to upgrade which is sooooo wrong! I said they must have misheard them and that has to be for both of us because it's $66 plus tax to upgrade which in Canadian is probably around $180 and they told her it wouldn't be possible for me to upgrade the tickets which I also believe is totally wrong! They are just a normally ten day park ticket just that they are Canadian resident I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to upgrade them to hoppers?

She is supposed to get back to me in the next two days with the verdict, still just over two weeks before fastpasses day so I'm not totally panicking yet.

Unless they explained all that to you before the purchase I would be fuming, it’s their responsibility to explain it before you purchase not after.

UPDATE : I now have a supervisor direct line which is making it easier to talk to them. I called through to let them know I received my tickets but they weren't right. The good news is the calls are recorded, in my call I probably confirmed I was getting a park hopper about 8 times and they have the call between the BMO rep and the ACV booking agent and she asked for a Park hopper as well. I told her I could upgrade the tickets when I had linked them or when I arrived but I wanted to make sure I hadn't paid for park hopper and didn't get it.

At the time of the call I remember the tickets totalling less than I figured they would but the agent at the time told me ACV has a better exchange rate on the tickets. Red flag number one should have realized something was up.

She called back later in the day and it looks like they issued one park per day and that is all we paid for even though the rep had asked for a park hoppers. Air Canada says we can upgrade the tickets but will have to pay the difference which I'm fine with but now BMO is fighting saying that it wasn't their error so they ACV should cover it.

At this point I'm like whatever, I was going to pay all along just pay them (still with points ) and get me my park hopper tickets! But now get this, ACV told them it would be $180 each to upgrade which is sooooo wrong! I said they must have misheard them and that has to be for both of us because it's $66 plus tax to upgrade which in Canadian is probably around $180 and they told her it wouldn't be possible for me to upgrade the tickets which I also believe is totally wrong! They are just a normally ten day park ticket just that they are Canadian resident I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to upgrade them to hoppers?

She is supposed to get back to me in the next two days with the verdict, still just over two weeks before fastpasses day so I'm not totally panicking yet.
hoping it works out for you, fingers crossed!

OY! I am so sorry this is going on for you. Best of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts