***Help us gather information on Disney's policies on dogs at resorts***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed them last week, got a phone call from guest services. Regarding AOA- pets will be allowed in Little Mermaid and the Cars suites. No specific rooms or floors there. Walking areas are behind these locations and no pets in the common area. I also got the information about the waiver guests with pets sign and that any guest who wants to see that waiver may request at the desk to see it. The general information I got matches what others have posted here. Disney seems to be very consistent in what they are telling guests.
I just requested a "Help" chat on the WDW official website, today. The chat person advised that the only Little Mermaid rooms that will allow dogs are Bldg 7, floor 1. However, a guest reported on another thread that they saw dogs coming out of 2 separate rooms in Bldg 9, floor 1.

It is frustrating for me because I want to request a specific room in advance. I definitely do NOT want a dog room. And there are so many conflicting reports and obserations about which rooms are guaranteed dog-free.

I just requested a "Help" chat on the WDW official website, today. The chat person advised that the only Little Mermaid rooms that will allow dogs are Bldg 7, floor 1. However, a guest reported on another thread that they saw dogs coming out of 2 separate rooms in Bldg 9, floor 1.

It is frustrating for me because I want to request a specific room in advance. I definitely do NOT want a dog room. And there are so many conflicting reports and obserations about which rooms are guaranteed dog-free.

Honestly, no room will be guaranteed dog free, as some people travel with assistance dogs. The best you can do is call and request a deep cleaning of the room.

Just a reminder that this is a special purpose thread. The only posts here should be about information you've been given by Disney CMs on policies pertaining to dogs at resorts. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to have a general discussion about dogs or housekeeping, or ask questions about the situation at dog-friendly resorts, please post on an existing thread on the Resorts board or start a new one. If you want to read the experiences of those who've stayed at dog-friendly resorts, see this thread.

We are considering taking our dogs to the YC in April. I jumped on a standard view Club Level room that was on sale under the Sun and Fun offer (only $40 more than our regular Garden View room). Out of curiosity, I emailed Signature Services to see if we would be able to bring our dogs to stay on Club Level and they responded that Club Level is also dog friendly (they aren't allowed in the lounge, of course).

If we decide to stay with CL we will just board them at Best Friends so we don't have to take them in and out from the 5th floor. I couldn't find a definite answer on the CL policy, so I thought I would add it here.

Out of curiosity, I emailed Signature Services to see if we would be able to bring our dogs to stay on Club Level and they responded that Club Level is also dog friendly

I was just told by Disney that dogs are not allowed on club level at Yacht club!

Disney seem to tell people what they think they want to hear - and it's certainly not possible to completely rely on anything we hear from their call centres, even when they are pretending to be located at the resort. :( Also the situation has changed considerably during the first few days/weeks of this policy.

My own knowledge is mostly related to Port Orleans, and I had a guest with allergy concerns forward me information that they got from Disney (sent via their TA) which was basically completely untrue. I know how it should be working at POR, and I know a few people high enough up the chain of command at the resort to rely on the information that they provide. They were rather shocked by that email too, and I've now put the guest in direct contact with the room inventory manager at POR who has allayed their concerns.

The current info 'on the ground' at POR as I understand it is consolidated at http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Dogs.

Andre

I have had two stays at the YC CL since this policy took effect, the most recent at the end of January. I was told both times by multiple CL CM's that dogs are allowed on the club floor and that they have had some stay there.

We checked in to POR a couple days ago. Confirmed that buildings 24, 80, and 95 are used for “pet friendly” rooms, though I suspect that only part of the building is designated for such use.

Last edited:
No such thing. Assistance dogs can stay in any room. If dander is a worry you can call and request an allergy or deep cleaning be done.

Well, that isn’t quite accurate. Yes, service dogs could be in any room, but are highly unlikely to be in many rooms. Big difference between that risk and rooms which are open to pets.

Also, I posted in another thread about the deep clean. It may be deep, but doesn’t appear to be very thorough.

Well, that isn’t quite accurate. Yes, service dogs could be in any room, but are highly unlikely to be in many rooms. Big difference between that risk and rooms which are open to pets.

Also, I posted in another thread about the deep clean. It may be deep, but doesn’t appear to be very thorough.

Well, they won't be in many rooms all at once, if that is what you mean. But it is possible a dog has been in any room or suite. If dander is a problem, asking for an allergy/deep cleaning is the best you can do.

Well, they won't be in many rooms all at once, if that is what you mean. But it is possible a dog has been in any room or suite. If dander is a problem, asking for an allergy/deep cleaning is the best you can do.

I mean that the likelihood that a service dog has been in any given room at any time is extraordinarily slim. Service dogs are somewhat of a rarity in general, and even more so I suspect at WDW hotels.

If it’s a concern for someone, though, I certainly concur with your recommendations.

With that being said, POR at least appears to be using specific blocks of rooms for pets, so I can’t imagine that someone without a pet would be assigned to one of those rooms unless resort occupancy is high. I will also say that reports from others (and our observation so far in 3 days) suggest that very few dogs—service dogs or pets—are present at POR at any given time. We have seen a total of 2 dogs here over the past 3 days, neither of them service dogs.

It isn't reasonable to compare the operational effect of long-standing service animal policy with the current experiment, particularly in terms of housekeeping and it subsequent effect on guests. This is just common sense, and really should go without saying.

I mean that the likelihood that a service dog has been in any given room at any time is extraordinarily slim. Service dogs are somewhat of a rarity in general, and even more so I suspect at WDW hotels.

If it’s a concern for someone, though, I certainly concur with your recommendations.

With that being said, POR at least appears to be using specific blocks of rooms for pets, so I can’t imagine that someone without a pet would be assigned to one of those rooms unless resort occupancy is high. I will also say that reports from others (and our observation so far in 3 days) suggest that very few dogs—service dogs or pets—are present at POR at any given time. We have seen a total of 2 dogs here over the past 3 days, neither of them service dogs.
they also use dogs for checking for things like bed bugs and with that the dog is right up sniffing the bed. granted not on bed but next thing to that

they also use dogs for checking for things like bed bugs and with that the dog is right up sniffing the bed. granted not on bed but next thing to that

I’ve heard the bed bug thing, but have never seen that policy properly cited anywhere, and have rarely seen a dog on resort property prior to the recent pet policy. I suspect that using dogs for bed bug checks is also rare unless there is a report or evidence. Nevertheless, dogs not on the beds or laying on the floors should not be an allergy concern, and obviously won’t be a nuisance concern.

Dogs could also be in the room to scout for security concerns, and the guest would never know.

I’ve heard the bed bug thing, but have never seen that policy properly cited anywhere, and have rarely seen a dog on resort property prior to the recent pet policy. I suspect that using dogs for bed bug checks is also rare unless there is a report or evidence. Nevertheless, dogs not on the beds or laying on the floors should not be an allergy concern, and obviously won’t be a nuisance concern.

Dogs could also be in the room to scout for security concerns, and the guest would never know.
I have seen them my area but not at Disney but have read where they have used them. the dogs are close enough to bed to rub against it so yes dander could transfer so yes there could be an allergy concern as this happen while someone does not know even after check in

I have seen them my area but not at Disney but have read where they have used them. the dogs are close enough to bed to rub against it so yes dander could transfer so yes there could be an allergy concern as this happen while someone does not know even after check in
I met a bed bug beagle about 3 years ago at CSR. The handler knocked on our door and said something like “sorry, I’ll come back later” when I answered. He was in a uniform and the beagle wore a vest. I assume that they do random checks since we did not bring home any hitchhikers.

Does anyone think or (want to guess) if this will continue past the trial period?
I'm making a reservation at the yacht club hoping it will continue for a trip in in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter