***Help us gather information on Disney's policies on dogs at resorts***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll comment on all DVC Properties:

READ your "Declaration of Condominium". If you have lost your copy, request a NEW copy from Member Services.
Sandy and I are homed at VWL (renamed to BRV) The SIGNIFICANT section of our "Declaration of Condominium" is Section 12.9. MANY "Declaration of Condominium" documents, for different DVC properties, tend to be boilerplate.... BUT: DO READ YOURS. This is part of your CONTRACT.
I've enclosed this section, captured from the "Declaration of Condominium" on file with the State of FL for VWL (renamed to BRV):
But as a DVC owner, and a parent of a child with a dual purpose medical alert service dog -- I would like to point out that a Service Dog -- a REAL trained service dog is not a pet and does not fall under that rule. And don't get me started started on fake service dogs, but that is for another forum, not this one. Thank you very much.

We just got home from a wonderful stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We were in room 8048 Acadian House. There is a large grassy pet relief area with bag dispenser and receptacle. Since we had done online check-in, we went straight to our room and got our dogs set up. Then we went to the front desk to inquire about where the dogs were allowed and to get their welcome kit. They had us sign the waiver and pay the pet fees. We had the "Room Occupied" sign on the door every day so housekeeping never serviced the room. We requested towels as we needed them. We were called by the front desk on Wednesday and Thursday to ask when a good time would be for someone to do a quick safety inspection. We were required to be in the room with the dogs during this time but no one ever came. We always came back to walk the dogs and stayed with them for a few hours before heading back out for the evening. We saw a few service dogs in the lobby and food court but none by our room. Our Maltipoos did very well and we hope to return.

We just got home from a wonderful stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We were in room 8048 Acadian House.

Just out of curiosity, but what room category did you have booked, and did you put in any requests in advance? Room 8048 is a Garden View room near the front of Acadian House (80), but they have previously stated that building 24 would be the one that would normally be assigned for Standard/Garden View guests with dogs?

Andre

I booked a Garden View room and used Touring Plans Room Finder feature. I requested Room 8036 but was assigned 8048. The dog walk is directly in front of 8036 but we had to walk around the bushes to get to it from 8048.

We just got home from a wonderful stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We were in room 8048 Acadian House. There is a large grassy pet relief area with bag dispenser and receptacle. Since we had done online check-in, we went straight to our room and got our dogs set up. Then we went to the front desk to inquire about where the dogs were allowed and to get their welcome kit. They had us sign the waiver and pay the pet fees. We had the "Room Occupied" sign on the door every day so housekeeping never serviced the room. We requested towels as we needed them. We were called by the front desk on Wednesday and Thursday to ask when a good time would be for someone to do a quick safety inspection. We were required to be in the room with the dogs during this time but no one ever came. We always came back to walk the dogs and stayed with them for a few hours before heading back out for the evening. We saw a few service dogs in the lobby and food court but none by our room. Our Maltipoos did very well and we hope to return.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier or if I've missed it, but what sort of documentation were you required to provide for your dogs as far as vaccines or anything else? Considering a stay at POR Fall 2019 and my mom may want to bring her mini dachshund. Just want to know what we should have ready.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier or if I've missed it, but what sort of documentation were you required to provide for your dogs as far as vaccines or anything else? Considering a stay at POR Fall 2019 and my mom may want to bring her mini dachshund. Just want to know what we should have ready.
These are the requirements in Fl.

Required Florida Dog Vaccinations
Dogs older than 4 months in Florida must be vaccinated against rabies and receive a booster every 12 months thereafter. If you fail to provide your dog with a rabies vaccinations, you're subject to a $500 fine.

People who wish to sell dogs or puppies must have them vaccinated prior to offering them for sale. Required vaccinations and anthelmintics include:

• Canine distemper
  • Leptospirosis
  • Bordetella
  • Parainfluenza
  • Hepatitis
  • Canine parvo
  • Rabies
  • Roundworms
  • Hookworms

These are the requirements in Fl.

Required Florida Dog Vaccinations
Dogs older than 4 months in Florida must be vaccinated against rabies and receive a booster every 12 months thereafter. If you fail to provide your dog with a rabies vaccinations, you're subject to a $500 fine.

People who wish to sell dogs or puppies must have them vaccinated prior to offering them for sale. Required vaccinations and anthelmintics include:

• Canine distemper
  • Leptospirosis
  • Bordetella
  • Parainfluenza
  • Hepatitis
  • Canine parvo
  • Rabies
  • Roundworms
  • Hookworms

Thanks! Definitely have the rabies covered, I just didn't know if Disney/FL asked for anything specific. I know this dog doesn't get bordetella vaccines since he is never boarded and is just my mom's little lap dog that doesn't go anywhere otherwise.

Keep in mind that they’re just seeing how allowing dogs works, it’s only for a year. It ends October 2018 and there’s no guarantee it will still be going on during your fall 2019 trip.

Keep in mind that they’re just seeing how allowing dogs works, it’s only for a year. It ends October 2018 and there’s no guarantee it will still be going on during your fall 2019 trip.

Thanks! Yeah if the dog stays home then that's fine--I just know she would enjoy bringing him if she has the opportunity to.

Portorleans.org has a copy of the pet agreement that gets signed at check in. As of the version on that site, (assuming the trial doesn't end) you would need to bring proof of DHPP/DAPP, Rabies, and Bordetella.

Has anyone heard yet if Disney plans to continue allowing dogs after October? I know it was initially set up as a one year trial and I am curious to know whether or not Disney will make it a permanent policy.

Has anyone heard yet if Disney plans to continue allowing dogs after October? I know it was initially set up as a one year trial and I am curious to know whether or not Disney will make it a permanent policy.
I haven't heard, and I'm guessing they are still deciding.

Portorleans.org has a copy of the pet agreement that gets signed at check in. As of the version on that site, (assuming the trial doesn't end) you would need to bring proof of DHPP/DAPP, Rabies, and Bordetella.
I guess each state has different requirements. NC only requires a rabies booster every 3 years. I wonder if this causes any problems when people come to FL & have their documents, but they aren't as FL requires them. Do they turn guests away in this instance? What a shame to have paid thousands of dollars for a trip only to have it go all wrong when everything is not in order...???

I guess each state has different requirements. NC only requires a rabies booster every 3 years. I wonder if this causes any problems when people come to FL & have their documents, but they aren't as FL requires them. Do they turn guests away in this instance? What a shame to have paid thousands of dollars for a trip only to have it go all wrong when everything is not in order...???

There are 2 types of Rabies shots, one that lasts for 1 year and one that lasts for 3 years. The paperwork will say what month and year the Rabies shot is good until. As long as you're not past that date, no problem.

There are 2 types of Rabies shots, one that lasts for 1 year and one that lasts for 3 years. The paperwork will say what month and year the Rabies shot is good until. As long as you're not past that date, no problem.

I'm reading this (correct me if I'm wrong) that Karen is saying NC only requires a rabies shot shot/booster and not the other vaccines that Sponica shared that is on the Disney Pet Agreement. I think it is quite common for STATES to only require the rabies vaccine BUT most kennels, dog day care and other places like hotels etc that would have dogs in proximity to each other then require the additional vaccines on top of that.

Georgia only requires Rabies but if I want to take my dogs to any boarding, day care or with us to a hotel etc, then they have to have all the other vaccines. It is within Disney's rights to turn folks away if they do not provide that their dog has had all the required vaccines. I think it's on the guest to determine what requirements there are anywhere they want to take their dogs outside of home.

I'm reading this (correct me if I'm wrong) that Karen is saying NC only requires a rabies shot shot/booster and not the other vaccines that Sponica shared that is on the Disney Pet Agreement.
Actually, I was only speaking to the Rabies requirements. Other vacs are also needed in NC for boarding, etc. as well.

Actually, I was only speaking to the Rabies requirements. Other vacs are also needed in NC for boarding, etc. as well.

I apologize then. Not sure the question. Rabies vaccines are the same in Florida as dansdad said. My dogs have the 3 year and are in compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!