Help wanted.

LarryFmScotland

Mouseketeer
Hi folks,

Sadly I've got to cancell my trip to Disneyland from Scotland on Friday, I was going to go with a friend but circumstances are such we've had to cancell. I've decided that if I can't go there I'm not going to go anywhere, so I'm saving the flight money for a trip in the summer.

So at least I get to go to work instead.......yuk.

I told the people I live with and no one laughed fortunately.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get that Disney Feeling next weekend in the Highlands of Scotland.

What do you guys do for an instant Disney Fix??

Cheers Larry.

Sorry to hear about your trip Larry.. I really do feel for you as I returned last month from my trip and have been Disney Deprived ever since...
Maybe you could have a Disney video night and gather w/ some friends to watch some favorites.. maybe make some themed snacks.
Whatever you do have fun! :cool1:

Sorry you have to cancel!

You could read trip reports and look at other peoples pictures . Although, that just might make things worse!

My dh has video'd a few vacations, so every once in a while the kids'll drag those out and watch....and watch....and watch. I also found a late '80s or early '90s video of Disneyland at Walmart -- bunch of kids and characters singing their way through the park. Kids love that one too.

All that video watching prompts me to start visiting the boards again and planning the next vacation. Do they know how to work it or what? :rotfl: So I stalk the boards, price things out, read through tripadvisor. Can't really book anything this early in the game (best rates aren't available yet), so that part is rather frustrating.

I've family coming into town next week who are demanding to visit our Disney Outlet, so I'll take a trip there and bargain hunt. See what sort of matching outfits I can get for the boys for next vacation.

I've always found that if you start planning your next trip, no matter how far away, things seem a little bit brighter.

I'm glad the folks you live with were understanding about the situation.

I wish I could help more--it always seems exceptionally hard when you have know idea when you'll get to go again. I guess my advice would be to just hang in there and keep on hoping and waiting and know that there are others in the same predicament as you that are waiting as well (though sometimes not very patiently, I'm afraid.).

P.S. I like your signature. That's one of my very favorite songs.

Larry, I think I have a great solution....there is a website much like Dis boards called Visionsfantastic.com...if you register for this board they have a link at the top called gallery...then once your there, click on site video and multimedia...you can download ride videos and the fireworks etc...also you can download audio as well..oh yeah, they also have this radio station playing all disney all the time :sunny: this should help your poor unfortunate soul...

Sorry you had to cancel your trip Larry! I've found that visiting some great Disney related websites get me in the "Disney mood". I've found desktop/login icons, pictures of old rides, and a slew of audio clips that just screams nostalgia.

Anyhow, I'll be eating a Dole Whip and a corn dog for you this weekend!

Thanks for all your suggestions Folks.

And Rgoble5972 I like your wishes lyrics too. I have a few wishes of my own, I'd like to come true.

Cheers Larry.

Larry have you got the latest WDW dvd holiday planner, I have an extra copy and it is great, if you pm me your address I can pop it in the post to you, it really is a good one. We love these promo dvds though (sad)

Other than that I would go with a 48 hour disney video weekend, or check out scrapbooking in UK Scrappers and start to scrapbook your previous trips?

Hope my answers aren't too inane, they would work for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter