• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! which size car to rent

jeanneg4of4

Mouseketeer
We are trying to book a rental car for late sept. My question is how many people fit in the car they say 5 for the full size and intermediate. We have 4 kids. Do we need a mini van?I guess I need to know if there are seatbelts for 6. My husband said it seats 5 comfortable but could fit the kids just as comfortable. We are at dtd so we wont really be driving that much. Any help would be appreciated

Some of the cars have seatbelts for six, however, most only have 5. Try looking at the various rental sites for the cars. I think the premium and up seat six.

A lot of rental cars give you Camrys or Malibus type cars as full size. These do not have a bench seat in the front so you would have to fit 4 in the backseat and there would not be enough seat belts (or if any of yours are in car seats enough room!)

Since you don't think that you will be driving much - have you thought about just using a 'town car' service. We used -yourride.net - on our last trip. They meet you by the luggage, will stop at a grocery store & bring you directly to your hotel. We also used them to & from Universal. We used Disney Buss Transportation to get us around to the parks etc. They were very reasonable - they charge the same price for a car or van - it was a lot cheaper than renting something. When renting a car for 6 people, you have to consider the trunk space for all of the luggage also!! :)

We've rented luxury cars in the past, and they've only had 5 seatbelts. Some do have 6, but even with the luxuries, we've only got seating for 5.

We have rented last year and this year, we too have four kids. we have gottin a luxury lincoln town car and it had six seat beats and plenty big enough we got through budget, and we have otting a premuim which was a le sabler and through avis and they have some with bench front seat. We requested this at the time of pick up with no problem. I hope this helps!
Mrsmom
allstar sport Dec 95"
holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98"
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
Royal plaza Feb 2001
Wynham palace and spa Sept 2001
westgate lakes may 2002
POR June 2002:bounce:

I was just checking prices the end of Sept. for our trip and I was able to get a really good quote from Dollar online using one of the codes from Mousesavers (I think it was FISH-but not sure). The price was much cheaper than a premium and luxury! They also had a few specials online but none of them gave a discount when I put in our dates. Good Luck! I spent good part of my afternoon the other day checking out different places and codes, etc!

Bear in mind that even if you do get a vehicle with 6 sets of seatbelts, there are age restrictions on who can be seated in a front seat. Like Gail mentioned, you will typically find 6 seat belts when you reserve a premium car although not every time. Also, keep in mind that it is technically illegal to drive with more passengers than seat belts, just something to consider. One last thing to keep in mind is how much luggage you will be bringing with 6 people. Depending on which rental car company and which cars they have in stock the actual 'size' of an intermediate or fully size can vary greatly.

We were renting a Chevy Silverado that had the Z71 design & it was far off!!! That went to Budget & got that car for my trip in winter!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter