Help with Epcot

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
I’m a Disneyland veteran and am very ride-centric. I went to Epcot almost 20 years ago and left after a few hours. I just didn’t get it or enjoy. I’m going back next month and am confident in catching the rides I want with my FP strategy. Now I’m wondering what I’ll do with the rest of my time. Now that I understand Epcot is so much more than rides, I’m looking for tips about what non-ride things to enjoy at the park. What do you suggest?

Last edited:
I’m a Disneyland veteran and am very rude-centric. I went to Epcot almost 20 years ago and left after a few hours. I just didn’t get it or enjoy. I’m going back next month and am confident in catching the rides I want with my FP strategy. Now I’m wondering what I’ll do with the rest of my time. Now that I understand Epcot is so much more than rides, I’m looking for tips about what non-ride things to enjoy at the park. What do you suggest?

Snacking around the world ! (And mango wine from Japan!)

I like to see the shows. Voices of Liberty in the America pavilion is my favorite, but there are a lot of worthwhile shows. Look up your options (maybe check out a few YouTube videos) and make a plan for the afternoon after you’ve got in your FP rides. Also, stopping for a drink or snack in a lot of the countries is fun.

The World Showcase. Explore everything in every country. My favorites are Three Caballeros (a ride), the piazza in Italy, the gardens in England. The Mariachis in Mexico, the acrobats in China, the mime in France, the band in England and now back again in Canada (yay!) are excellent entertainment. Getting one appetizer/small plate in every country and one drink in every other country (every country is too much for me, but some people can do it!) is a fun way to try a little bit of everything. I spend hours in World Showcase, multiple days, on every trip. I love it that much.

The World Showcase. Explore everything in every country. My favorites are Three Caballeros (a ride), the piazza in Italy, the gardens in England. The Mariachis in Mexico, the acrobats in China, the mime in France, the band in England and now back again in Canada (yay!) are excellent entertainment. Getting one appetizer/small plate in every country and one drink in every other country (every country is too much for me, but some people can do it!) is a fun way to try a little bit of everything. I spend hours in World Showcase, multiple days, on every trip. I love it that much.

We do the same ! Our dd12 and ds7 insist that we have our "WS" time ! At least 3 days !

Snacking your way around World Showcase. Don't miss the movies at China, France, Canada. Don't miss the American Adventure. The Chinese acrobats in a pre-show. If they are performing, the mime or jugglers in France are fun. The band in the UK is really fun and Canada has a new band playing. Videos look good.

We spend time in each country, snacks, drinking catch shows a lot of countries have a show. We love the American Adventure show catch voices of Liberty also in American Pavilion. Epcot may have a festival on depending on time of year we were there during Flower & Garden and walked around a lot to see the displays.

We also love spending time in the World Showcase. The movies in France and Canada are particular favorites. Strolling through the shops, enjoying a glass of wine in Italy, a pastry in France, the boat ride in Mexico. Making a dining reservation in your favorite country is always a treat, catch a performance by a group in Canada, a performance in the garden area of England, and don't miss the American Adventure show.

Voices of Liberty, Voices of Liberty, and...uh...the Voices of Liberty. :)

The Voices of Liberty current schedule is: 11:45 a.m, 12:20 p.m, 1:05 p.m, 2:00 p.m, 3:20 p.m, 4:05 p.m, and 4:45 p.m.

I recommend trying to catch one of the shows in the middle of the day since they usually pull out their "bigger" numbers during that time, but each performance is amazing!

The Canada film is my favorite of the 3 World Showcase films.

The acrobats in China were pretty cool when I saw them.

I can usually spend a couple whole days in EPCOT on every trip that I take, but that is mostly because I sit in the American Adventure all afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty. :D

Sample the free soft drinks from around the world at Club Cool.

Try to catch the jumping water in the fountains outside the Pixar shorts theater. (And see the Pixar 3D shorts.)

Choose Mission Space orange side over the green side.

Epcot is actually our favorite park but because of World Showcase not the rides (I mean we like the rides too). We can literally spend days just strolling through World Showcase looking in the shops and sampling food and drinks. For people who are more about the rides I think you can still have a great time at Epcot if you go into it knowing it will be a different experience. Have fun!

Wander in each world pavilion! Walk down each path, explore each nook, talk to the castmembers, watch the shows, watch the movies. Morocco is amazing to wander through! If the door does not stay "Do not Enter" open and go through!
Epcot is a 2 1/2-3 day park for us and I always leave feeling like I didn't see it all!

It is the little things in Epcot that make the difference.... Yes Club Cool! It is a must stop for my family. Recently we had an awesome meet and greet with Baymax. It was quiet and in the ac, almost like people didn't know it was there and Baymax well he's so sweet. In WS take time to watch some of the shows in the countries, try some snacks (anything in the caramel house in Germany but CM told me the small bags of caramel corn are made fresh there daily, while the large bags are brought in :thumbsup2), do a little shopping (I love Japan's gift shop), eat at a sit down restaurant in the WS, go during the Flower and Garden festival-fabulous).... I could go on and on.

The World Showcase is wonderful, but there is lots to see and explore in Future World, too. There are interactive areas after Test track and Mission Space. We love to spend time creating individual outrageous vehicles and then riding TT single rider and "battling" them. Take time exploring the seas and Turtle Talk is fun. Someone mentioned the jumping fountains in Imagination and at night the sidewalks light up. Meet and greets with Baymax and Joy/Sadness. And Club Cool. The Jammitors. Epcot is all about taking time to slow down and discover. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter