Help with OKW buildings

schoen

DIS Veteran
In 2008 I had a room with a view that I loved. I think I was in building 41, 40, or 39. It was near Turtle Pond, and there was this small pond in the back with a fountain. I just loved sitting on the balcony and listening to that fountain!

I would like to request a similar room for an upcoming trip. I will have a 2-bedroom and a GV. I would like very much for those rooms to be near each other.

Does anyone know what types of units are in each building? I would like to request a specific building, but it is more important for us to be near one another. Are there GV and 2-bedrooms in any of those buildings?

Any help would be appreciated!

There are no GVs in those buildings. Here is an OKW map, buildings with GVs are outlined in yellow. It looks like Bldg 43 would be your best bet for a water view GV.

OKWMap-January2008.jpg

In 2008 I had a room with a view that I loved. I think I was in building 41, 40, or 39. It was near Turtle Pond, and there was this small pond in the back with a fountain. I just loved sitting on the balcony and listening to that fountain!

I would like to request a similar room for an upcoming trip. I will have a 2-bedroom and a GV. I would like very much for those rooms to be near each other.

Does anyone know what types of units are in each building? I would like to request a specific building, but it is more important for us to be near one another. Are there GV and 2-bedrooms in any of those buildings?

Any help would be appreciated!

LOL, this just goes to show how what one person loves, another person dislikes. That's what makes choosing favorite views so difficult. We were in building 40 once, I think this was the small pond you mean-

To us, it was the worst view we'd ever had in 9 stays at OKW. But I've had views I'd rave about that other people would probably say "She liked THIS?" Different favorites for different people.

That is the pond!!! I don't know why I liked it so much, but I sure did. I think I will request the building indicated above. I just like to see water. If I was nice, I'd talk to my traveling partners, who are all golf lovers and might appreciate a golf course view ;-) But I probably won't! that is what happens when you let others plan for you!

Ooooh, try and get building 16 - I love water, DH loves golf - this is a view of that awesome fountain by the bridge after you pass HH, but you don't see/hear much traffic at all - water is amazing, golf green is right there, it is wonderful! We have stayed in Building 33 at Turtle Pond as well, gorgeous pond and green view as well. Always get an upper floor if you can, it's much prettier :thumbsup2

I had 40, didn't like it because of the road noise. 43 was one of my favorite buildings I stayed in (also 31 & 37).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter