Help with rescheduling date have Fall options...

mherb

Mouseketeer
I know so many of us are in the same boat right now :( We were supposed to go from May 10-16th and were holding out for a miracle. Our charter just cancelled all dates up to 5/25. I have the option to reschedule (will have to pay more because I had a pin code) without penalties. Here are our options:
9/27
10/4
10/25
11/1-I believe this is Jersey Week
We have only ever been to Disney in May or early June so I am pretty clueless when it comes to Fall dates. I would love to do the Halloween into Christmas week, but have hesitation with it being Jersey Week and Election Day. Any feedback is warmly welcome! Thanks :)

As for Jersey week, we went 10/29 - 11/5. Halloween was on Wednesday that year, so we went for Halloween. Jersey week officially started 11/4, but it was starting to crowd up 11/3. It was still great! We had Food & Wine, that weekend leading up to Jersey week was the F&W Marathon, and we still had a blast. They closed MK to guests at 4:00 PM on 11/5 as it was a castmember's party, but we went and it was pretty much a walk on. We had originally saved 11/5 for DHS but switched at the last minute. I got fps for 7DMT, Peter Pan and one of the mountains. Halloween was fun and not all that crowded to me (though certainly more crowded than other parties)

ETA: We changed from DHS because we had early morning magic at Toy Story Land but it rained the night before and we were able to pretty much walk on everything, so we cancelled the EMM tickets.

Last edited:
@mherb I used a pincode as well. Will we not be able to get that same rate when rescheduling? Struggling with same thing you are. Now my bigger concern is everyone who is like us and now rescheduling - will all the reschedules to late summer and fall now be complete chaos from everyone trying to get their trip in later this year? We started debating if we should hold off a full 12 months. We were set to arrive May 3rd, pretty sure that's not a option. And even if it is, not sure we want that now.

@mherb I used a pincode as well. Will we not be able to get that same rate when rescheduling? Struggling with same thing you are. Now my bigger concern is everyone who is like us and now rescheduling - will all the reschedules to late summer and fall now be complete chaos from everyone trying to get their trip in later this year? We started debating if we should hold off a full 12 months. We were set to arrive May 3rd, pretty sure that's not a option. And even if it is, not sure we want that now.
My husband would prefer waiting a full year, but my 11 year old and I were barely able to wait until May :( I am pretty sure we can’t use our pin code. I saw somewhere on FB that someone mentioned they won’t offer any precious discounts. The only thing they are offering is free dining if you have to reschedule and rebook before 9/30.

I’d probably pick 10/4 but I think we can probably throw out everything we knew about when it’s crowded and when it’s not for this year.

Hopefully October it will be under control. Even when it opens, I don’t think many people will want to go for at least the first month as cases might still be high and being in crowds might not be good. October seems nice, depending on if there’s another uptick.

Good luck :)

@mherbNow my bigger concern is everyone who is like us and now rescheduling - will all the reschedules to late summer and fall now be complete chaos from everyone trying to get their trip in later this year? We started debating if we should hold off a full 12 months.

I don't think the fall will be more crowded than usual. I think a lot of "average" WDW guests will hold off on traveling to crowded places like theme parks for awhile. I think DISboarders aren't the average Disney fan, so we're eager to reschedule as soon as we can. Also many will be affected by the economy and might have to postpone their trips until things improve.

I could see fall 2021, which also conincides with the 50th anniversary, being swamped.

As for Oct., we're there for F&W every year and have found that it's best to avoid WDW the weekend before Columbus Day and the day or 2 after. I think all this Jersey Week crap is way overblown, been there then several times which also included the last full week of F&W and had no issues with crowds, except for Sat in WS.

Bill From PA

Op there are less parties in the early dates you have listed, some weeks there are four and last year during the last week of Oct. or the week before Gartner closed the MK for their event as well. Columbus weekend is busy before and after for a few days. Fall is a very busy time at WDW and with so many rescheduling it will be really busy Sept-Dec if the virus and economy settle.

we are booked fro 10/12 but getting nervous because how much school the kids missed this year. i dont mind usually pulling them out for a week. but i think our family vacation is importon as well . fall in disney is my favorite.

We've been Jersey Week before and the Christmas décor was not fully up at that point. So I wouldn't let that be a factor. In normal times, Jersey Week is a busier week than the others you're considering, but its not Spring Break level crowds. Its manageable. But, it is usually blacked out for any promotions or discounts that are released.

We were booked May 12-20th and re-booked for October 25-November 2. We considered mid-September, but in our experience, October has much better weather. In normal circumstances, September would be a little less crowded, but this year with the free dining offer plus job losses, economic struggles, health concerns, people canceling or re-scheduling trips - its anyone's guess what crowds will look like the rest of the year.

We like October for several reasons. It tends to not be a hot and humid as September can still be. Although we have had days in late October in the mid 90s.
September tends to be more of the hurricaine season, which may or may not impact WDW.
We were there for Jersey week once, won't do that again.

I don't think the fall will be more crowded than usual. I think a lot of "average" WDW guests will hold off on traveling to crowded places like theme parks for awhile. I think DISboarders aren't the average Disney fan, so we're eager to reschedule as soon as we can. Also many will be affected by the economy and might have to postpone their trips until things improve.

I could see fall 2021, which also conincides with the 50th anniversary, being swamped.

That is a very good point. I didn't take into account the economy effects and that surely will play a part on crowd sizes. If anything we shouldn't see WDW increase prices in the next 12 months, may see some great discounts to get the crowds back in but also may see further cuts in "extras". There's going to be a lot of odd positioning to get anyone back in large crowded events and locales again. At least for a little while I'd think. But your point on the economy is spot on.

My husband would prefer waiting a full year, but my 11 year old and I were barely able to wait until May :( I am pretty sure we can’t use our pin code. I saw somewhere on FB that someone mentioned they won’t offer any precious discounts. The only thing they are offering is free dining if you have to reschedule and rebook before 9/30.
You cannot stack discounts so even if you take this special offer (the free dining) you aren't able to use any previous discounts attached to your original reservation. If for instance though your new dates are still within the dates your pin was good for, you can choose to stick with that rather than doing the free dining.

You cannot stack discounts so even if you take this special offer (the free dining) you aren't able to use any previous discounts attached to your original reservation. If for instance though your new dates are still within the dates your pin was good for, you can choose to stick with that rather than doing the free dining.
The pin code I had was only for end of May early June. I realize you can’t stack codes, but at this point we are going in Nov. and I am now paying over $1,000 more. I realize it is no one’s fault. Just a little depressing.

Who knows this year??? BUT normally October is Spring Break level crowds. Jersey week is even more crowded. You don't want to be near the place Columbus Day weekend. _I_ predict heavier crowds than usual as people who canceled spring break move their trip to fall break. YMMV. Rope drop is your best friend along with midday break. :-)

The pin code I had was only for end of May early June. I realize you can’t stack codes, but at this point we are going in Nov. and I am now paying over $1,000 more. I realize it is no one’s fault. Just a little depressing.
Yeah that stinks, I have a few clients in the same position. At least discounts haven't been released for November yet so you may still get something!

Our first family trip was Jersey Week 2008. We had never heard of Jersey Week before. We didn’t know anything about dinner reservations, pin codes, or discount release dates. It didn’t matter. There were no lines. You could walk up to any restaurant and get in for dinner. We thought the 45% off room rate was just normal. It was great.

For a number of years after that we switched to different weeks in October. Until about 2015 when we decided the crowds were just unmanageable.

First time I’m saying this: I really hope Disney is packed this fall. Unfortunately, I doubt that will be the case. I think any week you choose will be like ours in 08. And I think you will have your pick of discounts.

I would just add September in Orlando is still summer. Purely anecdotal, but I think the chance of tropical weather goes down after September. As the previous poster said, YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter