Help with staying off-site for a wedding at DW

mckinneymom27

Earning My Ears
Hi there! I'm looking for some help.

Our nephew is getting married at DW- Grand Floridian Friday, June 5th. We have decided to stay off site since we will only be doing a park one day (either Universal or Epcot) on Saturday. We will be there from Thur - Sunday. We have 4 other families doing the same thing and wondering which is the best off site hotel near Disney and/or downtown Disney?

I've looked at:
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas Lake Buena Vista

I'm not sure if the above are good choices or if there is something better and maybe closer? We will being doing Uber and not renting a car and no small kiddos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there! I'm looking for some help.

Our nephew is getting married at DW- Grand Floridian Friday, June 5th. We have decided to stay off site since we will only be doing a park one day (either Universal or Epcot) on Saturday. We will be there from Thur - Sunday. We have 4 other families doing the same thing and wondering which is the best off site hotel near Disney and/or downtown Disney?

I've looked at:
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas Lake Buena Vista

I'm not sure if the above are good choices or if there is something better and maybe closer? We will being doing Uber and not renting a car and no small kiddos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
From what I've heard, those are all good choices. A lot of folks like the Bonnet Creek area. i am a fan of the Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossing but there is nothing else at that location but the hotels (new area.) Check out this forum for ideas and info-

https://www.disboards.com/forums/orlando-hotels-and-attractions.15/

Just putting it out there that as part of a wedding group, you may be eligible for a group rate if you stay onsite. There are usually 2 options available that the couple chooses - at two different levels (say a moderate and a deluxe resort- plus a discounted rate). This is unless things have changed recently. You would then have the option of DME to get you to and from the airport and have transportation around the resorts. There is plenty to do onsite besides parks.

Bonnet Creek is close and affordable and gets lots of good reviews. Another you didn’t mention is B-Resort near Disney Springs, close to shopping and entertainment.

Did the bride and groom not reserve a block of rooms at the GF? That is what is traditionally done. And since the wedding is there, very logical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter