Help with the 'Ohana Twilight Feast

Snakebyte

Earning My Ears
The family and I are going to be staying at the Polynesian Village resort in August and are considering the Twilight Feast for dinner. We would like to know if this is a dinner worth getting. Any comments are welcomed. There will be four of us, two adults, daughter is 14, and son is 12.

The family and I are going to be staying at the Polynesian Village resort in August and are considering the Twilight Feast for dinner. We would like to know if this is a dinner worth getting. Any comments are welcomed. There will be four of us, two adults, daughter is 14, and son is 12.
We really enjoyed it and the portions are big. We ordered 1 adult and 1 child size portion and it feed 3 adults. We would definitely do it again.

We really enjoyed it and the portions are big. We ordered 1 adult and 1 child size portion and it feed 3 adults. We would definitely do it again.

We will have 8 (possibly 10) adults and a 3 & 1.5 year old. Did they tell you to order less portions than the number of people you had? We won’t mind having leftovers but we don’t need a ridiculous amount. I’m hoping they can help guide us as to how many portions we should actually order!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Eager to try this! We will have two adults and a teenager. I assume that I cannot order a child size portion since we have no "Disney children" in our room?

We will have 8 (possibly 10) adults and a 3 & 1.5 year old. Did they tell you to order less portions than the number of people you had? We won’t mind having leftovers but we don’t need a ridiculous amount. I’m hoping they can help guide us as to how many portions we should actually order!
I had read reviews and knew to order less. I'm not sure if the person on the phone will be able to guide you. If you are average eaters then I would order 1 adult portion for every 2 people. If you have big eaters then more. Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Eager to try this! We will have two adults and a teenager. I assume that I cannot order a child size portion since we have no "Disney children" in our room?
We did not have any "Disney children" either. You can order whatever you like. It was my adult DD and I on the reservation. Her friend came and had dinner with us.

We enjoyed this very much also. We were three adults and one 16 month old. We ordered two adult meals and had some leftovers. Whatever quantity of food you order let them know that you will need dinnerware for four.

This has become our only "family tradition" outside of Via Napoli, foodwise.
Saves me from fighting for an ADR so I can concentrate on other hard to get ressies.

The first time we ordered in, the order taker did a masterful job of guiding us through the right amount of food to order for our party size. We were 3 "Disney adults" and one child. I believe she suggested we order 2 adult and one child portions. Worked out well for us with leftovers to eat in the middle of the night and a breakfast the next day. You can heat up any leftovers at the microwave located in Capt. Cook's dining room but we dinna..just dove in like hungry wolves fighting over cold pizza.

The next time I knew it was a veritable pigout and ordered 1 adult, 1 child portion for the man, DGD who was 12, and a sickie adult who happened to be me. Still leftovers but that's just because I took one bite of chicken and fell back in the bed.

I wish they put more veggies in the lo mein dish but honestly that is my only complaint.

We are planning on doing this, which may become a tradition, and watching from our PVB Lake view to watch the fireworks!

Would you say there was a big difference between the adult portion vs. the child portion? Saw a you tube review video that showed only difference was one or two dumplings.

Would you say there was a big difference between the adult portion vs. the child portion? Saw a you tube review video that showed only difference was one or two dumplings.
Hard to say from my perspective since each dish was served on a separate platter/box and I didn't count items.

We had 4 adults and a 13 year old and we can all eat a lot (esp DS 19). We ordered 3 adult meals and had a few leftovers still.

I was just researching this - we're also staying at the Poly in August.

There's a photo at the below link of the Feast for 1 adult (the writer said room service folks suggested they buy 1 meal per 2 people; they will bring you extra utencils/plates/etc). It looks like if your kids actually eat maybe get 2 adult, or 1 adult, 1 child ($40 adult $20 child approx., plus 18% plus delivery fee IIRC). Note: no ice cream on the bread pudding. https://wdwfor2.com/2017/09/25/ohana-polynesian-twilight-feast-at-the-polynesian-village/

We are staying there as well. Do they only bring it to the room? Or if we had a table at the pool or even one if the Cabanas would they set it up there?

I'm going in October and planning to order the room service meal on my arrival night. I haven't booked flights but will probably be arriving at the resort around 10. Anyone know how late they deliver?

I'm going in October and planning to order the room service meal on my arrival night. I haven't booked flights but will probably be arriving at the resort around 10. Anyone know how late they deliver?
Darn...I think you missed it. Dinner which includes the Twilight Feast is served until 10:00 PM.

Here's the full private dining menu and service is 24 hours but not all offerings are available 24/7:

http://allears.net/dining/menu/polynesian-in-room-dining/all-day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter