Help!

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
I am planning a trip to San Diego this summer. We will go down the 2nd week of June. I am planning to go to Seaworld and the Zoo but was wondering about the Wild Animal Park. I have been there before many years ago and thought my kids would enjoy it but am wondering if it is worth it if you have gone to the zoo. I don't think my dh has ever been to the WAP but we def want to go to the zoo and I am wondering if I am better off doing other stuff in SD on that day like touring the Midway and looking around downtown or possibly even leaving that morning early to get to DL and go the remainder of the day to DL now that I found out that wed and thurs are grad nights and those were the 2 days we had planned to do Disney.

Any help would be GREATLY appreicated since if it is not THAT much different than the zoo I would rather I think go up to DL since we are going to be cut WAY short on time there.

IF however you think it is worth it we will go as we DID have it on the itinerary.

I just don't want to pay the money and take the time if it is not that much different than the zoo.

Hope that makes sense and THANKS in advance for any help!

I consider the WAP a completely different experience than the zoo as the animals are free roaming as opposed to being in small enclosures. Both are great for different reasons. But, I wouldn't ever suggest cutting a day from DL to see either. You really need at least 3 days at DL anyway and with Grad Nights going on, 4 would be better.

Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. I mean I am torn cuz we do have AP's and we go to DL 3 or 4 times a year so it is not like we never go but on the other hand from what I heard DL and DCA close pretty early and so I was thinking if WAP and the Zoo were similar then I would just blow off the WAP.

I have been to WAP back around 1990 and while I enjoyed it and if I weren't going to DL I think I would def go I just don't know if it is THAT big of a deal.

So thanks for your input and hopefully I can get a few more people's input to make my final decision. :)

We drove 21/2 hours last summer to spend the day at WAP and had a great time. It was open late so we stayed till past 9, then drove home. Left home at 6:30 AM and got home at midnight. We rode the tram twice--once early in the day and again in the evening. You get a different veiw of animals depending when you go. It's not just animals. They have a playground for the kids, all the shows, and a mini water area where they can get wet if it is hot, like it sometimes can get. I'd definitely plan a trip there.

Thanks for the info. I will def have to think about it now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter