Help???

bocaj1431

DIS Veteran
I just became a DVC club member. ;). Our home resort is AKV. This is our first time booking with DVC and only are second trip to Disney. We have a 2/bdrm non-lock off at Kidani. I keep reading that there are pool view options for AKL. How do you get a pool view?

I do not see that option available on line when booking the room. Is this a special request that has to be made? Is this an option if the room choice I have is 2/bdrm non-lock off, standard view? I have tried to find a map of kidani villas, like the one they have for BLT, which shows where studios,1,2, and 3 bedrooms are located in the building,; but, can not find one.

I have a son with autism, who takes frequent trips to the pool in order to calm his anxieties. Being next to the pool would make it so much easier to handle the frequent trips.

Any information would really help. Thanks.

I'm not sure but didn't Disney take away the ability to request views when booking a standard room?

:earsboy: Bill

I'm not sure but didn't Disney take away the ability to request views when booking a standard room?

:earsboy: Bill

I'm not sure either but, on several posts people have spoke about having pool views booked for their upcoming vacations. They must be able to book them some how. I am assuming they had standard views and made a request for pool view but not sure. :confused3

In Kidani Village standard view villas will have a view of a garden, pool or parking lot

OP - Call or email Member Services and ask them to add a request to be near the pool. That's the best you can do. Requests are not guaranteed, but I am sure they will do their best to accommodate.

As far as I am aware you cannot book or request a particular view with a Standard view room Disney stopped taking requests for standard views. People don't have pool views booked at Kidani they have standard views. Pool view is a booking class for the Hotel rooms (not the DVC rooms) at Jambo House. Your best bet is to request close to the lobby when you do online check in or to phone member services and ask they put a request for close to the pool on your reservation but keep the word view out of your request as they are quite strong on not taking view requests for standard views. No matter where you are you will have to walk across the valet parking entrance to get to the Kidani pool as that is where it is located.

In Kidani Village standard view villas will have a view of a garden, pool or parking lot

OP - Call or email Member Services and ask them to add a request to be near the pool. That's the best you can do. Requests are not guaranteed, but I am sure they will do their best to accommodate.

Thanks! I will definitely do that. :thanks:

As far as I am aware you cannot book or request a particular view with a Standard view room Disney stopped taking requests for standard views. People don't have pool views booked at Kidani they have standard views. Pool view is a booking class for the Hotel rooms (not the DVC rooms) at Jambo House. Your best bet is to request close to the lobby when you do online check in or to phone member services and ask they put a request for close to the pool on your reservation but keep the word view out of your request as they are quite strong on not taking view requests for standard views. No matter where you are you will have to walk across the valet parking entrance to get to the Kidani pool as that is where it is located.

Now I understand why there were so many posts about a pool view. They were for AKL and not AKV. Thanks for explaining that. I will change how I word the room choice. Thank you for the advice about the request. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter