Help!!!

alexis

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time to California on a family vacation. We are going to get the City Pass, but we don't know where to start. We are living Idaho on the 23rd and we don't know if we should start in San Diego and then move on to DL and then Knotts or if we should start with the 3 days at DL, then SD and then Knotts. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Alexis

Hi Alexis, and welcome to the DIS :)

If you got your City Pass through Disney, I am sure you have to use it for the first time at Disneyland, so that would help at least with the start of your vacation. Knotts & Disneyland are really close together - maybe 15-20 minutes away via freeway.

Are you planning on staying in Anaheim, then San Diego for those attractions?

You can do DL-DL-Knotts-DL SD Sea World SD Zoo/Wild Animal Park -- that would give you the four days in Anaheim & then two nights in San Diego -- if that is what you are planning on doing?

Are you flying or driving? We did a similar trip from Boise a couple of years back and flew into Lax got a rental car, did disneyland then drove to San Diego and did Sea World then the Zoo then flew out of San Diego.

We are flying into San Diego and renting a car, spending 2 nights for SW and zoo, then driving up to Anaheim for the rest of the trip, flying out of Orange County. My decision to do SD first was that we are flying in on Friday night and I thought it would be better to deal with weekend crowds there rather than at Disneyland, plus I wanted to save the best for last!

Thanks for all your replies!!!

Mary Jo- We didn't get the City Pass through Disney. I don't see anything about where you have to use it for the first time. We don't have any set plans on where we are going to stay. I don't know how far SW is from DL, so I don't know if it would be best to get 1 hotel near DL for 6 nights or get 1 hotel near DL for a few nights and then get another hotel closer to SW. I'm soooo confused!!! :blush:

Tina- We are driving! (are we Crazy!?!?! Of course!!!) We are leaving Pocatello on 3/23 and don't plan on being back till 4/2.

Karyl- I was thinking of saving DL for last also, but I just wanted some input from someone that has been there before.

Does anyone know if it will be really crowded for Easter Sunday? We will be there for my birthday, my oldest sons birthday and Easter.

thanks again everybody!!

alexis said:
Does anyone know if it will be really crowded for Easter Sunday?

Does Mickey Mouse have big ears? You can bet it'll be PACKED that day. :earseek: Get to the gates early!

I would also like to know how long it takes to get from San Deigo to Disney. We will be leaving San Diego on a Tuesday morning and I would like to spend some time at Disneyland that day since we will only have that Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to do the parks. Friday we will have to leave early for the airport so that is out.

So, does anyone have a general time estimate on how long it would take to get to Disneyland when leaving San Diego about 8 a.m.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter