hemming jeans I need help

yeheyprincex2

Adventure is out there!!
I need to hem a pair of jeans for my son. I do not own a sewing machine and I have some experience with sewing by hand. I was thinking I could use a adhesive tape to get the job done. Does any one have any tips or a adhesive you can recommend that will work well with jean denim?
TIA

I've not used the hem tape before but most dry cleaners will hem pants/skirts for very little cost. My dry cleaner charges $5/pair.

This tutorial is the best I've seen on how to hem jeans. I've done it myself a few times. And since you do have a little bit of hand sewing knowledge, you can do it.

http://thrivinghomeblog.com/2012/06/how-to-hem-jeans-and-keep-the-original-hem/

Since the hem is so low to the ground, you can hardly see that they were cut. People will think it's just a shadow or crease in the pants once the seam is pressed. Jeans look better with the original hems intact as they have been sewn, washed & faded in such a way that it becomes obvious when one cuts off the thin factory sewn hem.

IMG_3079.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter