Henry Cavill as Wolverine?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://comicbook.com/2020/02/29/wolverine-casting-rumors-have-marvel-fans-excited/
Marvel Studios’ plans for the X-Men going forward are one of the biggest things on a lot of MCU fans’ minds right now. Well, Friday afternoon brought some rumors that the company is considering Henry Cavill to be Wolverine. That’s not a ton to go on, but that has never stopped Twitter from erupting into wild speculation. Honestly, it’s a lot of fun to read the assorted takes and wonder about the future of the MCU. Nothing has been announced yet as it relates to the Fantastic Four or X-Men. One would also have to imagine the Marvel is trying to figure out the perfect person to follow-up Hugh Jackman’s absolutely iconic role as Logan after all those movies he’s been in as the character.

Cavill is, of course, still hoping to play Superman again someday, but the chances of that are looking slimmer and slimmer as DC pivots toward the approach that’s seen them string together Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Joker. A move to the other side of things in the comics universe could give Cavill a second chance to connect with a lot of fans. Wolverine is also one of the most popular Marvel characters, so it wouldn’t be like he would be sacrificing a ton of fame in that regard.

He's too tall. Though Jackman was also too tall.
Genuinely curious: would you rather have someone who fits the height range and may not portray the character well, or a good actor that’s “too tall”? Wolverine is 5’3” and not a lot of well-known actors are that short (even Seth Green is like 5’4” I think?) and I can’t see them filling Hugh Jackman’s place with an unknown actor, unless they’re EXTREMELY talented. And even then I would bet on a lukewarm reception at best since Hugh Jackman is very well-liked.

Genuinely curious: would you rather have someone who fits the height range and may not portray the character well, or a good actor that’s “too tall”? Wolverine is 5’3” and not a lot of well-known actors are that short (even Seth Green is like 5’4” I think?) and I can’t see them filling Hugh Jackman’s place with an unknown actor, unless they’re EXTREMELY talented. And even then I would bet on a lukewarm reception at best since Hugh Jackman is very well-liked.

I'm not a stickler for 5'3". But it's Hollywood, it should be much easier to find a guy under 5'8"ish than one over 6'.

The original X-men were cyclops, Jean grey, beast and angel. Why not start there?

Also Iceman. I've always felt that's what they should have done with the movies to begin with. Start with the original 5, then add the second-generation characters in a sequel. You could even establish Wolverine in his own film or in a battle with the Hulk as he originally appeared.

I prefer new actors or the original. I might get confused Wolverine with a Superman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!