Here at Kidani and we have a piece of

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
Savannah view from our room. I guess we are on the edge since it is a standard view, but we can see animals from our room. It's great!!! Checking out this am and moving to Bay Lake for the next 5 nights!

Glad you were able to see the animals with a standard view. Please let us know what you think when you get to BLT.

Glad you were able to see the animals with a standard view. Please let us know what you think when you get to BLT.

It is great. We are in a two bedroom lake view. Went to ohana for dinner then back to watch fireworks from here. Now kids are all swimming. Our friends are with us. They are in awe of the villas and of WDW!

It is great. We are in a two bedroom lake view. Went to ohana for dinner then back to watch fireworks from here. Now kids are all swimming. Our friends are with us. They are in awe of the villas and of WDW!

Curious....do you prefer one over the other? We love AKV. We haven't stayed at BLT yet but would like to on our next trip. Where did you watch the fireworks from? Do you wish you had a MK view? Any pictures to share?

Curious....do you prefer one over the other? We love AKV. We haven't stayed at BLT yet but would like to on our next trip. Where did you watch the fireworks from? Do you wish you had a MK view? Any pictures to share?

This is our second time here atBLT.The first was 4 years ago. I like it a lot. We watched the fireworks from the top of the world lounge. I didn't mind going up there. It's nice because they pipe the music in. I took some pics with my iPhone but no idea how to post them on here......don't wish I had MK view because we didn't have enough points for that. We are coming back in march and I wanted to save enough points for that trip without having to borrow. We didn't come her at all last year. That is how I was able to have two trips for this UY. We will be in BWV in march. Never stayed there yet.

Are any resort decorations up yet?? Just curious as we leave for WDW (AKV) this weekend :)

Thanks for all the info. We love BWV too, but we are huge EPCOT people. We love being able to walk in and out of the back entrance. Enjoy the rest of your trip. :goodvibes

Savannah view from our room. I guess we are on the edge since it is a standard view, but we can see animals from our room. It's great!!! Checking out this am and moving to Bay Lake for the next 5 nights!

Gee, I had a savannah view room at Kidani and hardly saw any animals. So that's great!

Interesting that you have partial savanna view in a Standard. I will be at Kidani in a Standard 2 bedroom villa 1/17-1/22/2014. My hope for my family's sake is we can get something similar to this!

I've always wondered how the room views work out, as someone said they had a savannah view and didn't see any or many animals... I would be really annoyed about that if we spend more money or points and didn't see any animals.

My FIL and MIL will be joining us next month, and he has been wanting to have a savannah view, he's been talking about it for years. So I booked the savannah view and spent the extra points to gaurantee it. I booked DH and I a value room, we've seen our friends value studio before and they had a great Sunset savannah view, only difference is the sq. footage of the room. We've been so many times that the room doesn't really matter much, as long as it's nice and clean.

I wanted to save the points, but I didn't want to take the chance, I've heard there are value rooms that are parking lot and pool view as well. And I have also read you can't make any room request, which is understandable, no one would want the parking lot view if there was a choice.

Just hope that the savannah view is really that and not just some standard room or value room that they end up charging us higher points for. I'll have to search and see if I can dig up a DVC room chart.

On a side note, we recently were at BLT at a standard room, and I was pleasantly surprised we were on the 2nd floor with a limited view of Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure we would have been able to see the fireworks okay from there.

At WL, I've always wondered if the studios all have non-pool views, we've always been on the bus stop side of the villas.

You will most definitely have a view of the savannah if you book Savannah View. Having actual animals in your savannah view is not guaranteed, though. We had a great standard room at Kidani where we saw animals several times. Half of that 2BR villa was on the savannah, half of it was not. I would not have been too happy with that villa if I had used extra points for Savannah View, but it was a great standard view villa. We could also have gotten a parking lot view, and of course we would have been ok with that since we took a chance on standard view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've always wondered how the room views work out, as someone said they had a savannah view and didn't see any or many animals... I would be really annoyed about that if we spend more money or points and didn't see any animals.

My FIL and MIL will be joining us next month, and he has been wanting to have a savannah view, he's been talking about it for years. So I booked the savannah view and spent the extra points to gaurantee it. I booked DH and I a value room, we've seen our friends value studio before and they had a great Sunset savannah view, only difference is the sq. footage of the room. We've been so many times that the room doesn't really matter much, as long as it's nice and clean.

I wanted to save the points, but I didn't want to take the chance, I've heard there are value rooms that are parking lot and pool view as well. And I have also read you can't make any room request, which is understandable, no one would want the parking lot view if there was a choice.

Just hope that the savannah view is really that and not just some standard room or value room that they end up charging us higher points for. I'll have to search and see if I can dig up a DVC room chart.

On a side note, we recently were at BLT at a standard room, and I was pleasantly surprised we were on the 2nd floor with a limited view of Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure we would have been able to see the fireworks okay from there.

At WL, I've always wondered if the studios all have non-pool views, we've always been on the bus stop side of the villas.

I never really thought about it. The first and only time we were at AKV we had a standard view and looked at the parking lot. I just assumed it would be the same and was surprised when we had partial savannah view and saw animals! Then when we moved to BLT we had a lake view and could see the fireworks from the master bedroom balcony. It was wonderful!

We just returned from 4 DVC stay. 2 BR villas. Loved AKL Savannah view. Didn't see many animals though. moved to VGF lake view. Loved it even more. Then to BLT theme park view. Incredible at night, but I didn't expect how great the day time view would. Between the monorails , boats , train, and buses, there was lots if activity and it was fun to watch. Finally to BWV. We liked that room the least, but loved the close to Epcot location and we had a Boardwalk view and that was great.

Our family can't agree on our favorite, but I think our next 10 day stay will be 7 nights T BLT theme park view, and 3 days at AKL Savannah view. It's hard not to think about going back to VGF!

is there a better floor in AKL Kidani...I am going next month, Savannah view and want to do early checking but not sure what to request, they give 4 options but you can pick at most 2...high floor, choice of lodge wing...help

We just returned from 4 DVC stay. 2 BR villas. Loved AKL Savannah view. Didn't see many animals though. moved to VGF lake view. Loved it even more. Then to BLT theme park view. Incredible at night, but I didn't expect how great the day time view would. Between the monorails , boats , train, and buses, there was lots if activity and it was fun to watch. Finally to BWV. We liked that room the least, but loved the close to Epcot location and we had a Boardwalk view and that was great.

Our family can't agree on our favorite, but I think our next 10 day stay will be 7 nights T BLT theme park view, and 3 days at AKL Savannah view. It's hard not to think about going back to VGF!

We are staying at BWV for the first time in March. I know we will love being close to Epcot. But I also really want to try VGF. I am hoping to get a chance in January 2015. But that is-ways off for booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter