Here now 1300 loop no electricity

sambuster

Mouseketeer
In case anyone has a pet and is currently in a park. The electricity went out around 10 am. 1200 and 1300 loop and the meadows trading post. Thought I should post. Camper warms up quickly. Unsure what other areas are effected.
Glad I was running late. sambuster

Ouch - I hope there are no pets in there! At 90 degrees with a heat index nearing 100, those units will heat up in a hurry!

I recently saw a post from someone about a temperature sensor that you could plug into your RV and get a warning of the temp starts to rise. We have typically just done weekend camping with our dog, but have more and more started to camp with him - so I've considered getting one for precisely this type of a situation (or internal AC failure, etc...). My big concern, however, is that they are often wifi based. My guess is that losing power in a loop very well could mean losing wifi in that area too (no power = no wifi access point in that area).

Thanks I’m going to look into the sensor. Better safe than sorry. At a minimum if ud lose WiFi and connection it would be a warning to come back to the camper. FYI still down starting hour 4. Sambuster

Electricity back on around 3pm. Lost most of the day. But sure glad I was around sambuste

There are wi fi and cellular monitors but yes if the wi fi goes out you can get alert.

There are wi fi and cellular monitors but yes if the wi fi goes out you can get alert.

Do you have any experience with any? Some seem reasonable ($50), while others are 3-4x that much. If you have a positive experience with one I'd welcome the input!

Do you have any experience with any? Some seem reasonable ($50), while others are 3-4x that much. If you have a positive experience with one I'd welcome the input!

Sorry I've never needed to use one but see them discussed all the time on RV Facebook groups.

This is making me reconsider getting the auto start for my generator if our house batteries go below certain level. Rather pay for that with the added peace of mind than a vet bill

Looks like tge 600 loop was out too. Everything was on when we got in tonight, but 110 volt things had reset. No pets with us, so didn't have to worry about that. Not sure what happened. It sounds like the power went out before any storms came through.

j

I had put on the forum we bought from Bestbuy a security called Canary. We purchased it because it will let U know if the temp. gets too warm. Also it will notify you if someone was trying to break-in. Not sure if it needs a WiFi. I am worried when we leave our 2 girls in the camper of losing electricity. Our Canary did notify one time while away the temp had gotten warmer, we ran home & all was OK with our girls. Hope this has helped.

Hope all furry friends are ok! We send our Dachsie to Best Friends because he's a yapper, but a power out is another good reason.

We also have MaxxAir auto air vents that will open at a pre set temp. We've been very pleased with them. In FLA weather with the humidity it may not be adequate for pets, but power cuts won't affect their operation.

There was a live video from FW on YouTube today, and they were told by a CM that the power might not be restored in all areas of FW until tomorrow. It wasn't raining during their 2hr video. I'm not sure what was going on with the power.

Could they make some kind of announcements at the Parks if something like this happens, or something? That is horrifying to me. OMG

August 2016 the entire 400 loop lost power due to a transformer failure. With the outage lasting longer then a few hours (they stated up to a week), they actually brought in a very large and quiet generator and connected it to power the entire loop.

I have lost power in the past in summer, with shade you can go a 6-8 hours before the head buildup inside might warrant just opening up to the outside air, but with the shade there, power was out 4 hours and my RV was maybe 80 in August. I have lost power with no shade and I can get to ambient temperature within 2 hours.

Disney doesn't have power go out that often, so when then do you know they are on it trying to bring it back.

second on the canary, yes it is wifi, i have a mobile hot spot and keep it charged, with just the (2) canary's it lasts 2 days. after the break in attempt to our RV last march, we keep one inside and one outside

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!