Here now. Buzz scoring is *still* messed up

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
For 80% of my rides today, scores on Buzz have not come through at the photo kiosk at the ride exit. Accordingly, I couldn’t claim credit for nearly all of my high scores. SO annoying...

On a more positive note, while it’s hot here, crowds aren’t too bad. I was the first in the park and grabbed this great pic!

2D7292F1-D6DE-4490-AAC5-2678671B71C1.jpeg

Also, about 20 minutes ago I had a disagreement with a plaid about how the Fast Pass system works. Moments after redeeming my Buzz FP, I was unable to pull another (in the past, I’ve always been able to after ten seconds or so). The system indicated that I still had one for Buzz (it seems to be running slow today). But when I asked her why I couldn’t pull another, she explained (incorrectly) that when you get a FP, a time is indicated when another will be available. She insisted that I wouldn’t be able to get another until that time. That’s not the way it works. Once you *redeem* your FP, the system then allows you to pull another. If you *don’t* retrieve your FP before your return time, *then* the indicated time holds sway. At that time, in effect, I held zero FPs. To say I had to wait until some arbitrary time to get another sounds crazy to me. In any case, that’s how it’s worked for me for the past several years.

I was surprised a plaid would get that so wrong. I always thought of them as DL experts. Maybe since they aren’t required to use them for their tours, that’s why she didn’t understand the system fully. Thoughts?

For 80% of my rides today, scores on Buzz have not come through at the photo kiosk at the ride exit. Accordingly, I couldn’t claim credit for nearly all of my high scores. SO annoying...

On a more positive note, while it’s hot here, crowds aren’t too bad. I was the first in the park and grabbed this great pic!

View attachment 341557

The only think that could make that pic better is you in it! Love reading your posts.

Also, about 20 minutes ago I had a disagreement with a plaid about how the Fast Pass system works. Moments after redeeming my Buzz FP, I was unable to pull another (in the past, I’ve always been able to after ten seconds or so). The system indicated that I still had one for Buzz (it seems to be running slow today). But when I asked her why I couldn’t pull another, she explained (incorrectly) that when you get a FP, a time is indicated when another will be available. She insisted that I wouldn’t be able to get another until that time. That’s not the way it works. Once you *redeem* your FP, the system then allows you to pull another. If you *don’t* retrieve your FP before your return time, *then* the indicated time holds sway. At that time, in effect, I held zero FPs. To say I had to wait until some arbitrary time to get another sounds crazy to me. In any case, that’s how it’s worked for me for the past several years.

I was surprised a plaid would get that so wrong. I always thought of them as DL experts. Maybe since they aren’t required to use them for their tours, that’s why she didn’t understand the system fully. Thoughts?

Not surprised a Disney CM, plaid or not, doesn't get the MaxPass/fastpass system. I've definitely run into CMs who don't get it still.

As for not being able to get another Buzz pass, I suppose it could have been a glitch or a slow update to the server side after you checked in. You could close and re-open the app and see if that cleared it up. Also, did you check and make sure that your app was reporting to you that you held no fastpasses? Sometimes either because it is slow to update or because somehow the pass failed to scan in properly, the fastpass will still be there. I have seen both happen. My family usually rides together. Once the boys went through quickly one behind the other, and one of the boys passes didn't light up "green" while passing through but no one really noticed. I thought I had seen it but didn't think about it much. Sure enough, when I tried to get another fastpass, I couldn't because it still recorded him as having a fastpass. Another time we each scanned in individually for Star Tours one day. I watched the light turn green all four times. Yet, when I went into the app to try to grab another fastpass, it kept reporting that one member of our party still had a valid fastpass for Star Tours. So for both cases, I just cancelled that pass once we were past the checkpoints, and then I was able to make new fastpasses for us all right away.

Not surprised a Disney CM, plaid or not, doesn't get the MaxPass/fastpass system. I've definitely run into CMs who don't get it still.

As for not being able to get another Buzz pass, I suppose it could have been a glitch or a slow update to the server side after you checked in.

I think that's exactly what it was. I noticed that once I redeemed any FP today, it would take several minutes for it to clear from the app. Ever since I've had MP, it's taken perhaps as much as twenty seconds to clear but never more.

I had a weird thing happen on Buzz last week. I was around 85,000 points in the first room when the ride "paused" for a few moments. Once the ride started up again, I couldnt get any points for targets i was hitting. Whether I was shooting or not, I would get 100 points every 15 or so seconds. I ended up with only about 87,000. No idea what happened. I was riding solo so now I wish I would have thought to try the other gun to see if it was working.

I had a weird thing happen on Buzz last week. I was around 85,000 points in the first room when the ride "paused" for a few moments. Once the ride started up again, I couldnt get any points for targets i was hitting. Whether I was shooting or not, I would get 100 points every 15 or so seconds. I ended up with only about 87,000. No idea what happened. I was riding solo so now I wish I would have thought to try the other gun to see if it was working.

Wow, interesting. That's never happened to me before. I presume you mentioned it to one of the CMs tending the ride?

A few more pics from Sunday.

First in the park!
IMG_6477.jpg

Treats! I've been off sugar for about 30 years so I've never had anything like this at DL and likely never will. But I like looking at them :-).
IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6487.JPG

Side shot of Donald taken from the Main Street porch. Not the best shot, I know, but I was relaxing in the shade with a cup of tea :-). IMG_6495.JPG

The current state of the new parking structure. It's coming along quickly! IMG_6503.JPG

When I was there in May I remember redeeming a fastpass for a ride and the system/app told me I had to wait about 10 minutes before I could pull another. It was early in the day where you could go from fastpass to fastpass. I remember it happening a few times during my trip but not regularly.

When I was there in May I remember redeeming a fastpass for a ride and the system/app told me I had to wait about 10 minutes before I could pull another. It was early in the day where you could go from fastpass to fastpass. I remember it happening a few times during my trip but not regularly.

Interesting. Sunday was the first time I've experienced a delay of any kind. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit :-).

I spoke with Guest Services about an hour ago about the scoring problem. Hopefully it helps. The last time this happened, I called and it was fixed within a few days. I also reported it to the on-site Guest Services at the park about ten days ago but, as we all know, the problem was still apparent last Sunday.

That happened to us as well. We had entered Goofy with FP but I couldn't get another FP while in the queue as it stated we still had one for Goofy which we had just used. I ended up canceling it in the app which then allowed me to get another FP.

So, are you willing to share how you get scores like that on Buzz? I know about the 50,000 Zurg. Even after doing Buzz 6 times in a row one day, I could only muster a lowly 300,000 and change score. I suck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter