***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

So now I'm having a minor weather freak out.

My days are showing highs of only 76-78. :( I want to wear shorts and my summer tops in the day with just a light jacket at night. And swim.

So now I'm having a minor weather freak out.

My days are showing highs of only 76-78. :( I want to wear shorts and my summer tops in the day with just a light jacket at night. And swim.

I...maybe it's because of where I'm from, but that's definitely shorts, summer tops, and swimming weather to me? We'll take sweatshirts for just in case at night too, but not even sure we'll need them...

It is funny how everyone has different ideas of good temps. I was excited to see the highs of mid to upper 70s for our trip with lows only in the mid 60s. My thoughts were yea the kids will be able to swim and I can wear summer clothes!

I do not post much but have found discovering DisBoards very helpful for this trip.

I hope everyone has/had a great trip!

We have the same arrival days. We are planning to spend a lot of time at the pool. But temps in the high 70's sounds perfect to me. :)

I see a few of us will be getting there with the 'cool' front- and I'm absolutely loving the forecast right now. High in the low 80s, low in the mid 60s sunny a little breeze sounds like perfect weather. A light jacket early and late, and not too hot in the middle of the day.

Our last trip was in September '16, and it was miserable hot. It was painful to exist in the early afternoons. So anything in the 80s will be amazing.

A 75 degree day here in Chicago can feel cool if it's breezy or in the shade during this time of year.

Maybe it's different in Florida. I suppose it's better than 90 and humid. :)

Don't really know where to put this, but I settled on this thread ...

I just had to cancel our trip for 2 10/19 - 10/24 (I have to say that Disney was really good about cancelling our resort reservations without penalty even though we were within the 5-days)

Anyway, I'm going to be dropping some pretty good FP+ for party of 2 - a few sets of FoP (AK has now become our favorite park and FoP our favorite ride), 7DMT, Safari, EE (all on days where they are 'sold out')

While I can't coordinate based on my obligations - I can pick a time to drop them and maybe somewhere here can grab them if they're willing to keep refreshing for them to go back into inventory

I'll check back later this evening ...

A 75 degree day here in Chicago can feel cool if it's breezy or in the shade during this time of year.

75 degrees in Florida can be very different than 75 degrees in Chicago. To me in Florida 75 to 80 degrees is perfect. I swim, wear my shorts and sandals. I have swam in Florida in 60 degree weather. LOL.

Seriously,it was supposed to rain all day and night last Thursday (10/5). Instead it rained all morning and was great in the evening, a bit cloudy at most.
That was my oldest's BDay and she went to the party that night-said it was great weather.
Hawaii was a good one, the passion fruit cheesecake there was one of the best things I had and the pork slider was great. The spam hash was not very good though.
The slider is very good!! I did really like the hash too

Passion Slush sure did, like I said I didn't get to try half of what I wanted but I did manage to go back for a second slush in France :D
Ummm I may have been guilty of getting my (light weight) MiL a weee bit tipsy off those slushies-I had purchased the "pull tab" thingy and it was a good deal for drinks over $8. I had 5 left on our last day sooooo-used them on the slushies:D. I seriously didn't think there was that much alcohol in them but I guess 2 or 3 in a row...In our defense it was super hot, and with the frozen drink was super refreshing and super easy to suck down...

I bring clothespins for hanging wet suits on the clothesline
and for holding the curtains closed over windows so that annoying streak of sunlight doesn't wake you up early

Small scissors for cutting up the moleskin
and don't forget the moleskin!! this is one of the few "absolute must have tons of" that I pack!

Hope all the October planners come back and give recaps! I knew the parks were crowded the days we were there but my DD and I went to MK on the 9th when it was open to midnight-we did a bunch of stuff even with "crowds". Sounds like this week may have been worse crowd wise though!
My first MNSSHP was a ton of fun!!! I only went through 4 or 5 treat lines and had a full bag of candy. We got pics with Mickey, Minnie, goofy, daisy, Donald, Jack Sparrow (think this was the longest we waited at 15 minutes-well worth it as he had great interaction) and 7 dwarfs (at 11:50 at night there was no line).
Also did magic shots of headless horseman (beginning and end of night), hitch hiker ghosts, lantern shot by Rapunzel tower, and poison cauldron. Got to ride a nearly empty HM and hear the gargoyles whisper "Get out" -->you can't hear this unless you are last in room and it is relatively quiet-ie no chattering crowd. Saw the stage show, had a good spot for parade (grass area in front of Casey corner inside the fence), and saw Hallowishes smack dab from middle of main street. The party atmosphere was a ton of fun and we saw soooo many clever costumes. Also-leisurely lunch at Kona and riding Monorail over was the perfect start. This was truly one of the most perfect days I have had at Disney!

We have 2 more trips planned this year-and it is funny because this trip was so fun that I cannot get stressed about our high crowd trips now-anything we do is just gravy at this point!

Safe travels to all still with upcoming trips!!!

So do you bring jeans/pants? How many? we are there 9 nights. I'm trying to control my packing. Lows will be in upper 50s. I plan to wear shorts during day and a longer sleeve top with a jean jacket or sweater and shorts at night.

I am taking 3 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of capris. 1 nicer pair of pants. I may take a pair of jeans or khakis. For shirts, I am taking enough for 2 a day so I can change mid-day if needed. Will take an extra 2 that are nicer for my sig. dining. I am also including a lightweight jacket and hoodie along with two long sleeved shirts, just in case. Two swim suits, a Cubs poncho and my Halloween get-up. Along with a pair of sandals, flip flops and my tennis shoes. I can’t wear sandals every day.

Anyway...I pack for any variation of Florida weather regardless of the time of year. I have been going there for years. I have learned to be prepared. Learned my lesson a few years ago in February when I failed to pack any warmer clothes. Freak cold snap. Never again.

I will pack two jeans and wear another one on plane. I am bringing two dresses for signature dinners. My jean jacket on plane, light rain coat packed and a black cardigan. A few long sleeve tops. Then my summer stuff! One bathing suit.

I will not disclose the number of shoes... ;)

Less than 24 hours and we should be on our way to the airport- will ring the transport company later to confirm as my anxiety levels are high. I will be fine once we are all seated (together) for the flight.
Still so guilty to be leaving Mum in hospital but doctors have told me she should be home in a few days and my brother and son are great support too.
Busy day today starting with school run for DGS.

Ok, I'll start out by saying I'm always cold. I'm sensitive to it, and if it's below 70 I'm cold. So I'm not looking forward to the cold snap at all. I'm hoping the extended forecast at this point is off and it will be warmer than they are predicting. I know this far out isn't very reliable. That being said, I will have my disney hoodie with me for the mornings and evenings. I have a long sleeve tshirt and leggings for under my MNSSHP costume, and bought black leggings to wear under my shorts if needed. I have capri pants and shorts. I think I'm as prepared as I can be at this point.

Yesterday was my single digit day :dancer:so I'm starting to get extremely excited! :jumping1:

It's much different! We are in Cleveland and 75 here can be cool - 75 in Orlando is perfect. Totally jealous of the beautiful "fall" weather you'll be getting....that's why we love traveling in October so much. Sadly, we had real feels in the upper 90s last week, and it was too much. Have a great trip!!!!

I live in Grand Rapids, MI and I feel like I've been colder in Chicago than at any other time in my life. Haha! :rotfl: My guess is that it will feel plenty warm to you to enjoy shorts and swimming.

I'm still only packing 1-2 pair of pants and 2-3 long sleeve shirts for each family member. The rest will be shorts and short sleeve shirts. Though, I think our trip starts before yours, so we have some warmer days at the beginning of our trip. We leave on Sat.

I am scrambling a bit to get an under layer for my daughter's tinker bell costume for the MNSSHP on the 26th. She gets cold easily and low 60s at night will definitely require long sleeves of her.

I live in Grand Rapids, MI and I feel like I've been colder in Chicago than at any other time in my life. Haha! :rotfl: My guess is that it will feel plenty warm to you to enjoy shorts and swimming.

I'm still only packing 1-2 pair of pants and 2-3 long sleeve shirts for each family member. The rest will be shorts and short sleeve shirts. Though, I think our trip starts before yours, so we have some warmer days at the beginning of our trip. We leave on Sat.

I am scrambling a bit to get an under layer for my daughter's tinker bell costume for the MNSSHP on the 26th. She gets cold easily and low 60s at night will definitely require long sleeves of her.

There are days in July that it's downright chilly because the temps are mild and the winds are high. I moved here from Southern IL where one summer we had a few weeks straight of 100+ temps and full humidity. That was my last summer there. I was blown away (heh) by how windy it is here. I know it has that reputation but it still was more than I expected. I'd love to experience Orlando at a more temperate time. Hopefully so in the next couple years :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter