Hey Michelle??????

Chip35

Earning My Ears
Remember me?? We are the ones that you graciously sent the video on channel 13 UPN network of the 1st viewing of the 45th parade at DL which our daughter Elizabeth was in last Feb.. We have plans on going to WDW this summer but thought about coming out to the wonderful state of California to the Happiest Place On Earth. My question is- now that this is a lot like WDW as far as amenities and resort views and such, how does 1 go about getting the best deal staying at a DL Resort?? Any advice as always would be greatly appreciated!! BTW, I cannot believe how much more it is costing to stay at a DL resort with tickets compared to last year!! Thanks as always, Chip&Janet.

Hi Chip! Of course I remember you. :)

I wish there was some easy answer about a great deal at the Disney hotels here, but there isn't. If you're booking just the room, the prices can vary based on the occupancy of the hotel...and they DO change pretty often, so it's hard to tell. It's not like the WDW hotels that have set prices based on the season, with some promotional specials (such as AP rates) thrown in...the DL hotels change their pricing as described.

That said, the package rates do NOT change...so if you have dates you know you're looking at you can get a quote and compare that to what it would cost you to do the hotel and passes separately.

The most economical route, of course, is to go for one of the many "Good Neighbor" hotels. Disney will only book those as part of a package, but you can book room-onlies on your own with the various hotels around.

Hope that helps. Good luck deciding! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

As always, thanks so much Michelle! I have been going to the DL website bookings and have even called their # for reservations. We honestly are still not sure what we may do even though we do have reservations at WDW. Anyway, thanks a lot and take care. Chip&Janet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter