HH Weather October

kshark1958

Mouseketeer
Looks like we won't be making our trip to HH first week of May because of the ongoing Covid-19 crisis. So I was just wondering if anyone who's been there in Mid October can tell me what the weather is like. We've been to WDW in October plenty of times when the weather is perfect.Warm enough to wear shorts and tshirts with little rain.Hoping for the same in HH. According to weather channel it looks a little cool in Mid October but was hoping to get some first hand accounts. Was also thinking September but I'm thinking that's a little to close to hurricane season.

I live in SC and I'd say it can vary at that time. It's actually very much like WDW weather. Of course you will have a cooler wind being near the water. It usually doesn't start to get consistently cooler (and by that I mean out of the 80s/90s) until the first or second week of Oct.
One of my favorite times to visit the SC beaches is late September. Yes, it's still hurricane season but you run that risk for many months.

Although we've never been in mid-october, I know that CMs there say that late September to the latter part of October is the best time to go to Hilton Head. Ideal weather (great beach weather, but not too hot) coupled with low crowds,

Hurricanes have become more frequent and Matthew arrived at HHI on October 8, 2016 and the island suffered major damage. There was an evacuation order and most locals did heed that warning and left. (The DVC Resort was included in that evacuation and closed.) There have been several other hurricanes since Matthew, which had minimal effect on the island even though evacuations were also ordered.

However, I would not shy away from travel plans to Hilton Head due to the possibility of a hurricane.

October is a delightful time to be at Hilton Head Island. the ocean temps are still mid-70s and air temps typically in upper 70s. The summer crowds are gone and the beaches are very comfortable. All amenities are still enjoyable with restaurants, shopping, and recreation all readily available.

Even though we were evacuated because of Hurricane Matthew in 2016, we have been back in October since and have another trip booked there this October. We love October. Very nice weather and low crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!