HHI LOVERS THREAD

How easy is it to get your luggage to building 18?
Our family stays in Building 18 every year. Getting luggage there has never been a problem. Grab one of the luggage carts that is in the parking area and load it up. Enjoy the view from Building 18 :)

The family and I will be at HH from July 22 - 25 [only 3 nights] meaning we will be there for the Tuesday Shelter Cove Harbourfest Fireworks. :yay:

Last time we were there, we took a dolphin tour and saw the fireworks on the boat. Want to do all new things this year - kayak tour with Outside Hilton Head, at least 1/2 day at the Beach House [if I can get my husband to settle down and leave me alone :rolleyes:] and bike riding. I will ensure we are at the resort to see the fireworks because I 'assume' they can be seen there quite well, right??? My "baby" son will be turning 19 on July 23rd :sad: so we aren't interested in the children activities around the resort, but am I missing anything unique in the area that would only take a few hours? With only 3 nights, I am cramming in as much as possible.

We then head to WDW for 4 nights. I'm gonna be exhausted. :crazy2:

Does anyone have any late October advice for activities etc? We will be staying 10/26-10/30 and are starting to get excited about our first visit!!
What should we expect for weather in late October and how will the shelling and shark tooth hunting be? My DH is determined to find a shark tooth on the beach-he has yet to be successful at Vero :)
My boys are also very interested in fishing if anyone has any tips or charter recommendations!!

Any recommendations for a surprise delivery to the resort for a 3 and 6 year old? What company and item(s) do you recommend?

Any recommendations for a surprise delivery to the resort for a 3 and 6 year old? What company and item(s) do you recommend?
Our son called the resort, and they made up a gift basket for me on Mother’s Day. I would call the resort.

The family and I will be at HH from July 22 - 25 [only 3 nights] meaning we will be there for the Tuesday Shelter Cove Harbourfest Fireworks. :yay:

Last time we were there, we took a dolphin tour and saw the fireworks on the boat. Want to do all new things this year - kayak tour with Outside Hilton Head, at least 1/2 day at the Beach House [if I can get my husband to settle down and leave me alone :rolleyes:] and bike riding. I will ensure we are at the resort to see the fireworks because I 'assume' they can be seen there quite well, right??? My "baby" son will be turning 19 on July 23rd :sad: so we aren't interested in the children activities around the resort, but am I missing anything unique in the area that would only take a few hours? With only 3 nights, I am cramming in as much as possible.

We then head to WDW for 4 nights. I'm gonna be exhausted. :crazy2:

Have you tried Zipline Hilton Head?

Unfortunately, they stopped it specifically in 2005. We were lucky enough to do it, we were one of the last, if not the last to experience it. For years after that, Chef Gordon (the Chef) did no culinary events, just working in the Mercantile. However, just recently he's started a wine tasting, and a couple of months ago, he started a coffee tasting seminar. So there's always hope!

We got to attend the inaugural Wine Tasting in November, 2016. It was a great event. Glad Gordon is reviving some events. I agree, 'A Private Affair' was wonderful. We were able to enjoy that several times. Initially it was offered in the model GV in bldg. 28 and then moved to the Beach House once all of the villas were moved into owner's inventory.

20161112_191245_resized.jpg 20161112_210358_1479004255650_resized.jpg

We did the wine tasting almost exactly a year later and although health prevented me from drinking wine, we loved it. I hear he’s doing a coffee tasting in Big Murgie’s Den. Anyone experienced this? DH is a fan of different coffees as well as of Chef Gordon

How is Hilton Head in February ? Is everything open? We just can't afford April airfare. Thanks!

We’ve been in February and enjoyed it. Pool may close some days as it occasionally got too cold. And although a few restaurants have shorter Winter Hours, we found them all up and running by Valentines Day

We did the wine tasting almost exactly a year later and although health prevented me from drinking wine, we loved it. I hear he’s doing a coffee tasting in Big Murgie’s Den. Anyone experienced this? DH is a fan of different coffees as well as of Chef Gordon

Yes! My DH and I did this in April. Think he is calling it "Coffee Cupping". There was 5-6 couples when we did it. He had 4 to taste. We learned a lot about the different types we tried and how best to store, roast, etc. It was a lot of fun!
He put creamer out and sugar and said he won't make fun of anyone who takes it!!!! No one touched it!!!!!

Let me know if there is a better thread to ask this, but we're headed to HHI! We've been there before but not since I had kids. They're almost 69(G),6(G)& 4(b) (their bdays are in the next 2 months). I'm trying to think of fun classes/adventures to take with them--I booked a Kids Night Out at the Sandbox, and I'm looking into surf lessons for me and the 6 yr olds; but I'd love to do more things as a full family. It'll be me, my husband, my parents and the kids. The kids are pretty adventurous and we'd be ok with spending a little extra for the super memorable stuff. Anyone with kids in this zone have some recommendations? Especially larger family outings? Has anyone taken a 4 yr old on a fishing charter?

Let me know if there is a better thread to ask this, but we're headed to HHI! We've been there before but not since I had kids. They're almost 69(G),6(G)& 4(b) (their bdays are in the next 2 months). I'm trying to think of fun classes/adventures to take with them--I booked a Kids Night Out at the Sandbox, and I'm looking into surf lessons for me and the 6 yr olds; but I'd love to do more things as a full family. It'll be me, my husband, my parents and the kids. The kids are pretty adventurous and we'd be ok with spending a little extra for the super memorable stuff. Anyone with kids in this zone have some recommendations? Especially larger family outings? Has anyone taken a 4 yr old on a fishing charter?

A few ideas! Mostly in Sea Pines. Not super adventurous but fun family stuff.

A visit to Lawton Stables to visit the horses and small animal farm. It’s very cute. They have pony rides for ages 7 & under (I think, double check the age). When the kids are older (I think 8), you could do a family trail ride though the forest preserve! We love Lawton Stables.

When are you going? Gregg Russell is a children’s singer who plays in Harbour Town most nights in the summer and select nights during holiday breaks. Very popular! He also runs the bubblegum cruise in the summer on the Vagabond - look for dolphins, sing songs, play games, etc.

Have fun!

Sea Pines offers a lot of family/children's activities. We picked out one (out of many) and called the activities center at Sea Pines to register. It was a morning activity of catching hermit crabs. We spent a few fun hours picking them up out of the ocean and learning about them. These might be fun to do one or two; they are on the cheap side and won't interfere with your super memorable stuff. Hope you have a blast!

Looking for specific room suggestions for a 2br for 4 adults in April. We haven't been for awhile (although it's our home resort) and am unsure what would be best. Would love a view but do not want to be too far from pool, etc. TIA!

My sons would like to golf in HHI on our next visit from July 28 to August 4, 2018.
Any suggestions on best places to golf?

My sons would like to golf in HHI on our next visit from July 28 to August 4, 2018.
Any suggestions on best places to golf?

DH has golfed MANY times and MANY places on the island, and he likes Hilton Head National, just off island for best buy. The course is always in excellent condition-DH used to be an assistant greenskeeper, so he's extreme;y picky. Otherwise, he'd probably recommend the 3 courses across the street in Palmetto Dunes, but avoid George Fazio unless they're good golfers. The elevated greens surrounded by sand traps make that a tough course.

The Palmetto Dunes courses would be extremely convenient, too. Played the Fazio course yesterday and enjoyed it well enough, but it's underwhelming in its charm. A couple of nice signature holes but mostly the various setups are quite alike. Also, it's only par 70 which isn't bad, just a bit weird. Agree there are a lot of elevated greens, so if those annoy you, I'd look elsewhere. I come from southwest Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mtns, so elevated greens are quite common, thus they didn't bother me.

DH has golfed MANY times and MANY places on the island, and he likes Hilton Head National, just off island for best buy. The course is always in excellent condition-DH used to be an assistant greenskeeper, so he's extreme;y picky. Otherwise, he'd probably recommend the 3 courses across the street in Palmetto Dunes, but avoid George Fazio unless they're good golfers. The elevated greens surrounded by sand traps make that a tough course.
Thank you for this information.
FYI - my oldest son has a golden long-haired dachshund named Simba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!