• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI Report From Week 6/4

schwenksvillemouse

DIS Veteran
We spent 6/2 through 6/8 in Hilton Head and had a great time. Other than Barry dumping a lot of rain on Saturday and Sunday morning the weather was great.

We were in room 2911, a 2brm unit. It had a great marsh view from the balcany, and would ask for it again. The room was in good shape. Other than some paint peeling in the master shower, and the shower door not closing right it was a good room.

My son did a lot of the planned activities and had a blast. He loved the foozball and ping pong tables at both pools. The CM's were very helpful and nice. Both pools were great, an the beach was nice. It was great to go early and see all the small pools with crabs and starfish during low tide. We did the Dolphin tour on Thursday. It was supposed to be on Tuesday, but some storms cancelled that. We didn't have Capt, but the captain we did have was great. My 20 month old girl didn't like having to sit still and not crawl over the side of the boat, and was a bit of a pill on the ride at times, but overall the tour was great.

My only complaint is they close up shop at the pool, and the pool snack bar too early. It closes at 5pm. You can still refill your mug in the store until 9pm, but a couple times I would have eaten dinner by the pool, but I wasn't ready to eat at 4:45pm. We ended up eating in mostly. We did take out twice. Once from an Italian place, and once from Marley's down by the Sea Pines circle. We weren't too impressed with Marley's. The food was okay, and they forget to give me my dinner in the take out bag so they were supposed to credit my Visa - I hope they do.

The new pool towel policy seemed to work out okay. We had eight towels in a 2brm. For four people that was plenty. You can trade them in for new towels at the pool, but again you can't after 5pm. We ended up washing and drying them in the room. One downside to that is the drying was working overtime, and I guess if a lot of people do this they will have a spike in dryer replacements in the comeing months.

Now for my one rant. On Thursday afternoon the life guards were holding a training session in the main pool. This by itself was fine. What I couldn't believe was how many kids were buzzing around and bugging the life guards during the training session. They were good about it, but as a parent they should have told their kids to stay away. I don't get people some times.

Please ask away if any questions.

Thanks for the review. We are heading down next Monday, and are really looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter