HHI-worth it for one night?

uramr

Jsdisneymom
We are big Disney World fans and considering DVC. We would like to look at the other locations before making the leap into ownership. We are spending a week down in Hilton Head this summer and have reserved a room at the Disney HHI resort for the night before we check into the house for the week. I know that it is a short amount of time, but is it worth the cost for the single night to check out the resort? Anyone have suggestions on ways to maximize our experience with just one night? Thank you!

We've stayed there several times for one night while on our way to Orlando and love the resort. We have usually checked in around 4. The kids have gone swimming, checked out movies, played pool or ping pong, gone to the campfire and more. It's nice to walk over to the restaurants and shops in Shelter Cove or just walk out on the pier. The next morning, we have gone over to the beach house to walk on the beach for a bit before getting in the car to head back to 95. I have always found it to feel like it adds an extra night of feeling like you're on vacation and not just stopping somewhere on the road to sleep. It's a wonderful resort and area. Enjoy!

We are big Disney World fans and considering DVC. We would like to look at the other locations before making the leap into ownership. We are spending a week down in Hilton Head this summer and have reserved a room at the Disney HHI resort for the night before we check into the house for the week. I know that it is a short amount of time, but is it worth the cost for the single night to check out the resort? Anyone have suggestions on ways to maximize our experience with just one night? Thank you!

I think since you are already going to be on HHI, one night would be a fantastic way to get a peak at the resort. You can see what the villas , pools, beach house, and recreation are like.

Make sure you talk to the CM's. They are a big part of what makes HHI a special resort. I compare them to "camp counselors". It is so neat to arrive on Sunday evening and by Tuesday morning, the CM's address our kids by name:)

Thanks for the advice!! I have one more question. We decided to bring in dinner so we don't waste time off the resort. Does anyone have any suggestions of places close so we could bring in food...I just found out that there's no place to eat dinner right on the resort property.

Thanks for the advice!! I have one more question. We decided to bring in dinner so we don't waste time off the resort. Does anyone have any suggestions of places close so we could bring in food...I just found out that there's no place to eat dinner right on the resort property.

I've got the place for you - Bullies BBQ!!

We just got back yesterday from a week in HHI and we ordered take out from Bullies twice because it was so fantastic!! It is not far from the resort - a short car ride. It is not a big place and honestly not quite pretty from the inside or outside. However as soon as you walk in the smell of very yummy food hits ya and you know its going to be good. We ordered their family dinner pack which gives a sampling of ribs, shredded pork, chicken and beef plus mac n cheese, cole slaw, and cornbread. We did take out each time and ate on our deck which was really enjoyable. :)

There is also Guiseppe's Pizza and Pasta that does take out and delivery that is close by and a Kroger's grocery store that is also in the Shelter Cove area where the resort is for fast food options. We got a take home pizza to cook in the villa from their one night and it was really very good.

There is a marina right next to resort that has a bunch of restaurants and 1 restaurant is right between the resort and marina (Kingfisher, I think).

There is a marina right next to resort that has a bunch of restaurants and 1 restaurant is right between the resort and marina (Kingfisher, I think).

I think the poster wanted to not waste time going out to eat since they were only staying one night. Depending on time of year, those meals can be lengthy with wait times etc..

Mangiamo's Hilton Head Pizza Co. Mangiamo is a pizza restaurant i that specializes in Pizza, Pasta, Wings and Homemade Sauces. Mangiamo offers Dine-In, Take-Out and Delivery.

Located at 2000 Main Street, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926 and available at (843) 682-2444.

Hours of Operation
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11:00am - 10:00pm

I think the poster wanted to not waste time going out to eat since they were only staying one night. Depending on time of year, those meals can be lengthy with wait times etc..

If they end up with time on their hands or the weather is bad or they don't want pizza or other carry-out type food, they can just walk on over to Kingfisher or the other places in the Shelter Cove Marina. We went to Kingfisher and it was a nice dinner and not too long. It's just like staying at BWV and walking from your room down to Kouzzina or Flying Fish. Just FYI. The pool at the resort has a CS window if OP gets to hanging out at the pool, they can just grab that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter