Delete Thread

My wife had badly bruised foot one year while we were at WDW. Getting a wheelchair for her was the best idea we ever had. She walks much slower than me at the best of times and we got way more done with me pushing her around in the chair.

:)

Yikes! So sorry about your blistered feet! Josh is a good guy for agreeing to push you in a wheelchair :love: That WS walk is looonnnngggggg…even with healthy feet! You wouldn't have been able to enjoy any of it, so it's smart that you did that.

That loaded mac and cheese looks awesome! I can't wait to try that in a couple of weeks!

So wheelchair it would be! I wasn't completely sold on the idea, but it's what I would've told a friend to do if they were having the same issue
I find this "what would we tell a friend to do" motto highly beneficial in all walks of life (no pun intended) ;) So glad you did this, no reason to suffer unnecessarily (at least any more than you already were!)

we we're going to start eating our way around the world F&W style.
Yay! :thumbsup2

Chef Figment is my favorite festival Figment :lovestruc
Adorable. ::yes::

Every time we go I want to order the soup and pretzel bread, but it’s waaay too hot. So next trip we’re going to the restaurant!
Yes, you must!

I sent a cast compliment to the Disney twitter about Ayumi so I hope she was recognized in some way for helping!
That's awesome you did this. I need to be better about doing this myself, because so many CMs really make our vacations truly magical :wizard:

Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing – $3.75
YUMMMM

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich – $5.50
Okay, this looks like something I must try someday. Although it looks like a challenge to eat!

decided not to buy the cutest chef Figment because I’m running out of places to put my Disney plushes.
:rotfl:

Hopefully my new shoes will come through and I'll be blister free (or only have a minor blister) this next trip!
Yes, I hope so too! :goodvibes

(Here's me looking way happier than I felt since I felt like someone was shoving knives into different places on my toes with every step).

Here's how I really felt:

skyword-image-241136-gif.276435

Ugghh!! Blisters are the worst!! I had one day on our trip that, by the end of the day, I could barely put weight on my feet. Had I felt like that first thing in the morning, I would have done exactly what you did. I think that it was absolutely the best decision. I can only imagine how painful it was for you!

I know people say not to pop them, but they are completely unbearable if you don't, and if you keep walking on it they re-form anyway.

People say that. And they're right. You absolutely shouldn't. Except I always do. And I feel like everyone else does, too. And if you don't, then they often pop on their own anyway, and then you can't control whether they get disinfected and bandaged properly, etc. No judgement.

Josh works a very physical job so he wasn’t worried about pushing me around or the handles bothering his hands. He said it was easier since he could attach the backpack to the chair.

Yay! Josh to the resscue!

Her, Chris, and Jordan were going to Le Cellier soon so they weren’t trying anything, but she said I’d be her guinea pig and she’d see how I liked things. :rotfl:

Bahaha! Oh, it must have been such a burden on you. :P

The loaded mac and cheese was spicer than I thought (I’m not a huge fan of spicy), but it was really good.

Nathan said this, too! (Yes, he recently went to F&W without me. Don't want to talk about it. Traumatic. haha)

Sweet Avocado Crema with Strawberries, Yellow Cake and Tortilla Streusel – $3.75

8EhKMHOl.jpg

This looks amazing! I love avocado! <3

We went through Mousegears where I grabbed a shirt (you'll see it on our last day), and decided not to buy the cutest chef Figment because I’m running out of places to put my Disney plushes.

LtpAWgul.jpg

Oh my gosh, he would be so hard not to buy! I'm in the same boat as you though.

tbsCJcol.jpg

Welcome to Epcot, here's Spaceship Earth! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

I just saw a Robin Hood plush and I reallllly want it, but I’m trying to resist :laughing:

Ooohhhh...tough one...I know you have a Robin Hood thing...

People need to know! No seriously a CM in Mousegears told us people ask where Spaceship Earth is all the time :rotfl:

Oh my gosh!! Best thing I've ever heard!!

...no, that's a lie. Second best thing. I have a friend who did a college program working at the Emporium, and she said it was shocking (before FoF moved back to 2pm) how many people asked her, "When is the 3:00 parade?" ...um...what?!

I managed to pop the one on one side which made it a little more manageable, but the one on the other side would not pop it just kept getting bigger. I know people say not to pop them, but they are completely unbearable if you don't, and if you keep walking on it they re-form anyway. But I'll give you more on the trials and tribulations of popping that blister later.
I know-people always say don't pop, but I can't stand unpopped blisters! The pressure really gets to me. I just try to make sure it's sterile, though I think one on my baby toe was close to being infected on our trip :guilty:!

My biggest regret was skipping Cheese Studio. Josh said he wanted a nitro truffle so we’d come back, and I wanted to save room since the cheese tart looked huge and I figured if I had room we’d get it later (but I was too full).
Lauren and I checked out the Cheese Studio and I regretted not getting the trio of cheeses (we both got the stroganoff). I thought we'd try to come back later...but you know how that goes!

While waiting for it to cool down @Lesley Wake and her sister had come to Epcot and stopped to meet up! We chatted a bit, and took a picture, before we all headed in different directions. Michelle to Le Cellier, Lesley and her sister towards the next pavilion, and us to the Belgium booth
Yeah, I wish we could have spent more time together! And that photo-so awkward, looks like we were all standing in a police lineup or something:joker:!

I felt bad as the cheese bread had been for Josh, but he wasn’t feeling too hungry. (Well not too bad because I still ate it). Something must have bothered his stomach, so he really only had a bite. It was delicious. Just liked cheese in bread should be. The bread tasted fresh and delicious, and the cheese was delicious and gooey.
I need to get you my recipe for Brazilian cheese bread! I found one that replicates the version from Fogo de Chao and can make at home! Also super easy-throw it all in a blender, blend it up, then into mini muffin tins and bake! And it's gluten free!

I also had to grab my favorite from last year the braised beef in Belgium. It was still just as delicious as last year with melt in your mouth beef and delicious smoked gouda mashed potatoes. Although with everything we tried being so good, I don’t think that was my absolute favorite anymore.
Lauren really liked it when she got it, unfortunately I was so hot and exhausted I forgot to take a bite!

All of your F&W food looks really good and I'd probably get every single one of them. I feel ya on the wheelchair thing! I'd totally feel like people were judging me for not being old or obviously injured. I'm glad you didn't feel that way though.

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions – $4.75
Mmmmmm. I could have done without the green onions though, but I'm word like that.

My biggest regret was skipping Cheese Studio. Josh said he wanted a nitro truffle so we’d come back, and I wanted to save room since the cheese tart looked huge and I figured if I had room we’d get it later (but I was too full).
The stroganoff at the cheese studio was really good. I tried to talk Zack into the tart because I think there was something I wouldn't have liked... but I can't remember now! We were going to skip the truffle because we had a different version at our dessert party but couldn't resist the last day lol.

Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF) – $5.25
SO GOOD. I shared some shrimp dishes with zack's aunt. I can be weird about my sauce but i could have eaten a plate of these like a entree.

Every time we go I want to order the soup and pretzel bread, but it’s waaay too hot. So next trip we’re going to the restaurant!
Do it! We got the soup twice from the booth, and when we are at Le Cellier! We especially liked it with pretzel bread dipped in it haha.

La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice – $10.75
I think this was my favorite. I had two or three. I want to try the Rose one because I don't think the normal flavors would be my thing as much.

It was delicious. Just liked cheese in bread should be. The bread tasted fresh and delicious, and the cheese was delicious and gooey.

Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) – $4.00
Zack didn't like this:confused3, so I got two orders :thumbsup2
Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes – $5.00
We didn't make it back for this and now I'm sad...
People saying it's easy to eat while on the go because of the cone obviously aren't a messy eater like me...It was awkward because I was making a mess and a lady kept looking at me (she was enviously eyeing the handwich and ended up asking me what it was, but I'd rather she didn't watch me vlog and eat!)
Haha it looks like it needs a fork, but then the bread isn't distributed because you have to remember to take a bite... that's the problem I have with the bread cone foods in Carsland in Disneyland.

Welcome to Epcot, here's Spaceship Earth! :lmao:
We totally would have done the same thing.
It was simple to rent a wheelchair, and no one said anything or seemed bothered by the fact that I didn't have anything visibility wrong with me. (I know this was a weird worry as other people have better things to do and a CM would never say something like that. I just thought maybe I'd get a weird look or something).
That would have been my worry top. I'm glad you did it so you could enjoy your day, especially after having to shorten your trip! Blisters suck. They seem like they should be minor, but they're always somewhere so you can't walk normally. Zack got one on the ball of his foot, and one morning I came back from the bathroom and he was on the floor with my tweezers to try and pop it:confused3 So after I explained my tweezers were not for popping blisters, I gave him a safety pin but he's scared of needles so he couldn't do it. I don't think he would have done it with the tweezers either, so I didn't feel too bad.

And though I know this isn't the same thread... I'm looking for flights in december right now. Everything was really booked! I found our nights at Pop one day but it was over $200 a night after tax. I liked Pop last January but I don't know it's quite worth that! :rotfl: I'd pay a little extra to stay in the Dolphin first.

Nathan said this, too! (Yes, he recently went to F&W without me. Don't want to talk about it. Traumatic. haha)
Haha! My cousin came to our wedding, and her friend was sad because she want to go to Disney and has never been. So my cousin told her they'd have to plan a trip, and I'd have to go to because I knew everything to get around the best, etc. I told Zack this story, and he goes Whoa, you can have your little girl trips and I don't care but you're not going to Disney without me! :rotfl2:

It looks like Josh has shaved was so surprised to see.

Although at that point I was pretty convinced I'd be ordering the Cupcake Slaughter.
Looks awesome but at $6 each they better be good. But then there were the cheese sticks

Now that you know I was not dressed as Wednesday Addams
I recognized it right away as AHS

Night had fallen and The Purge had commenced!
I had friend recently go to HHN and loved being in the middle of the purge.

They also forgot to charge me so I had to call back and pay for them before they would give them to Josh at the door. So all that for 4 mozzarella sticks...
YIKES.:faint: We had AK room service for breakfast and it was delicious. Especially the Bloody Mary's.

I love this TR! Halloween is the best. I’m super jealous of HHN Adventures.
And I love that you were wearing an American Horror Story shirt. Season is one my favorite seasons. Btw I just finished season 5 (and 6) so I now get all the AHS in last years HHN tr. hahaha.

It looks like Josh has shaved was so surprised to see.

Yes he shaves when we go for summer or it's hot out usually, although I miss the beard :rotfl:

Looks awesome but at $6 each they better be good. But then there were the cheese sticks

:scratchin maybe I would've gotten my money's worth with cupcakes instead? :laughing:

I recognized it right away as AHS

Thank you!

I had friend recently go to HHN and loved being in the middle of the purge.

It was pretty cool!

YIKES.:faint: We had AK room service for breakfast and it was delicious. Especially the Bloody Mary's.

:rotfl: Sounds like I'll have to try Disney room service one day.

I love this TR! Halloween is the best. I’m super jealous of HHN Adventures.
And I love that you were wearing an American Horror Story shirt. Season is one my favorite seasons. Btw I just finished season 5 (and 6) so I now get all the AHS in last years HHN tr. hahaha.

Thank you! It is! Season 1 was good, season 2 is definitely my favorite. Ooo good because my review of the AHS house is coming up soon!

Next trip take mole skin
with you

It will save your feet if you get blisters again

I never travel without it and a mini
size scissors to cut the patches

Yay vlog! I'm so desperate to try F&W...next year hopefully. And your pointing at Spaceship Earth photo is still killing me! :rotfl:

I'm all caught up! You poor thing...the wheelchair does not look fun :-( . But major props to Josh for being the food runner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!