HHN - what time to arrive?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Considering attending HHN during our October WDW trip. About what time should we leave WDW to arrive at HHN? Last time we did HHN, we waited in the holding area so I'm not sure what crowds look like at the park entry gates and what time we should line up. Also, not sure what traffic looks like between WDW and Universal late afternoon on a weekday. Thanks!

If you use Sand Lake and Turkey Lake Road to get to Universal it’s not as bad as the I4 can be at times. We very rarely drive the I4 around those areas.

Park can open around 6pm for regular HHN guests, it does get large lines as you have to go through the metal detectors unless you’re an onsite guest who have their own separate entrance. You’ll already have been checked in that case.

.......if you do Stay and Scream you have to be in before 5, I’d go in no later than 4.30.

You might be better off to come in the mid afternoon (3:00) if you are driving
Drive from Disney and within 20 minutes be at the parking garage at City Walk.

Park the car in the garage and do a light meal or drinks at City Walk before you go to the park.

If you have the ap, enter the park before 5:00 and stay in a holding area

If you don't have the ap, be in the line by 5:00 and wait out your time until the park does open up at 6:00.

Thursdays by mid October tend to have more crowds.
Wednesdays seems to be lighter for when I went in October.

Now it varies each day on how long it takes to park and go through the metal detectors at City Walk.
I've noticed when in City Walk, more are entering the area about 4:30 on some days

I find that crowds grow during the hhn season.
Columbus Day weekend grows each year.
HHN dates after that time period, tend to grow through the middle of October.

What day of the week are you planning to attend hhn?

Will you have HHN express passes? If so, and you don't want to get there early, you might could get there after the initial rush at the door. With EPs you should still be able to see each house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter