Hi it's me- you want some pretzel?- a sisters' Dec 2019 USO/WDW trip! new 1/24!

With frenzied last minute errands and packing before a flight at the crack of dawn.
::yes:: This is a truism.
our 2:30 AM wake up call.
Ugh... Yuck.
Mike was smart enough to load the car up the night before so we could minimize what we had to do this early morning.
"Unfortunately, the car was stolen during the night, so we had to buy all new clothes. Yay!"
I also remembered my trick from June of stopping at the Tim Hortons drive thru to get breakfast sandwiches to bring to the airport since nothing is open this early.
This is the most Canadian thing ever.
Don't we look awake :confused3
There's something on your noses. Probably Tim Hortons coffee.
As we were eating them, a couple sat down near us and the woman kept gesturing to the man at our food. A few minutes later, he came over to ask where we got them and was immensely confused when I said we brought them with us.
Did he ask for a bite?
He said "You're allowed to bring that through security?" I refrained from saying obviously since we did since he was actually very nice and just said yes. He walked back to his spouse shaking his head in confusion and Kimberly and I cracked up.
:laughing:
"No you can't. But we taped them to our legs and snuck them through."
We spent the flight listening to music and sleeping.
Lullabies, I presume.
I booked a rental car and got a good rate through Advantage. I was a little anxious because I'd seen mixed reviews online about the company.
Oh, so you're a risk taker. ;)
I'd read awful reviews of the employees being rude and pushy with upsells and people getting charged extra at the counter and i'm happy to say we experienced none of that.
That's good. I always use National (Get a good rate through work) and thankfully don't encounter that.
It was very basic but fine.
Basic is fine. It just needs to get you from A to B.
Our hotel for the first night was the Rosen Inn nearest Universal.
Ah! I know the place now! (From you, of course.)
The only downside was there was no text or phone call to indicate when your room was ready, you just had to go back to the front desk and check.
Ha! Got a bit spoiled by Disney!
In case you were curious, here's the breakfast menu. :rotfl:
And wouldn't you know, there was another Christmas tree to be found.

This one was of the Charlie brown variety.
Still counts.
I've been going to the outlets for years
I've never been. I'm okay with that.
I ended up getting a set of beauty and the beast dish towels, a Food and Wine shirt, a Halloween party shirt, a Br' er rabbit wishable, a couple pins and what I was most excited for- the food and wine Minnie ears for $5.99! I spent under $30 and was very excited!
Wow! Nice score!

He said "You're allowed to bring that through security?" I refrained from saying obviously since we did since he was actually very nice and just said yes

Oh man, if only you were more awake you could have made a joke about sneaking it in, maybe with a weird wink, to confuse the heck out of him.

The only downside was there was no text or phone call to indicate when your room was ready, you just had to go back to the front desk and check.

What's the non-Disney standard on this? Do most places contact you when a room is available now? I'm realizing as I type this how few hotel chains I've stayed at since the girls were born.

We don't have Waffle House near us so it's usually a road trip staple for us so we were very excited to find one so close.

100% the right choice. Two meals there was probably cheaper and tastier than BOGO hotel breakfast!

I ended up getting a set of beauty and the beast dish towels, a Food and Wine shirt, a Halloween party shirt, a Br' er rabbit wishable, a couple pins and what I was most excited for- the food and wine Minnie ears for $5.99! I spent under $30 and was very excited!

That's quite a haul for under $30. Hubby has had a lot of work travel to Tampa recently so he's taken to visiting the outlets on his free night before flying home. He grabbed us Halloween shirts, too, which were still there in January.

As it always does, everything got done somehow and we got a few minutes of sleep before our 2:30 AM wake up call.
Oh my God - I thought a 5:00am wake up was bad ... I do not know how you did that!! :worship:
In case you were curious, here's the breakfast menu. :rotfl:
Actually was :laughing: - I've never been to a Waffle House!
I spent under $30 and was very excited!
Such a good deal!! I really want to get to the outlets the next time we get down!

Early flights are tough- but sooo worth it when you're landing at MCO at 7:30am!

I've never been to a waffle house!!

So fun getting to make a stop at the outlets!

I always bring food, and funny enough last time it did get our bags searched more thoroughly. I guess they don’t expect you to bring two foot-long subway sandwiches and an entire packet of Girl Scout cookies to the airport :confused3 (not to mention the entire sliced bell pepper, baggies of goldfish and box of breakfast bars).

And man, I love a good Waffle House... it’s one of the things I miss most about living in Georgia.

Glad to hear you like Rosen Inn! It comes up occasionally for people looking to not stay on property. And mmmmm, waffle house! We used to always go a couple times when we'd vacation down in Va. Beach but we haven't been there in years!

How funny that someone came over and asked you about your Tim Horton's breakfast. I feel like I'd never survive morning flights if I didn't bring food with me through security.

:rotfl: :rotfl: After a lot of early morning flights in the same terminal with nothing to eat, I've learned!

One time when I was flying alone with the kids, I legitimately brought a picnic lunch with us. Sandwiches, chips, fruits, and veggies. I take my flight snackage seriously. :rotfl:

So smart especially with kids lol.

Did you get the same rate at Rosen Inn? How far was this one from Disney property? I'm starting to seriously consider staying here for a night in June with Alex.

It was a little more expensive, I guess cause it was so close to Christmas but it was still only like $68 a night. It's not that convenient for WDW cause it's so close to Universal so it's like a 25-30 minute drive to Disney property. In 2018, we stayed offsite at a hotel called the Grande Villas resort that was really close to WDW and it was like $60 for a one bedroom suite. We loved it!

Can't beat a Waffle House breakfast. Although, I'll admit, in my college and dating years I usually frequented it late at night.

:rotfl::rotfl:I can see it'd be perfect for that!

There is so much information online about what can and can't go through TSA, I'm always so amazed at all of the people who have no idea you can bring food through security!!

Exactly! That poor man seemed so confused lol.

Very smart to bring your own food with you to the airport. My last flight from EWR, flight was so delayed and there was really nothing in our terminal. Lucky American Airlines gave us lots of free snacks

It took a lot of years of early morning flights from the same terminal to learn to take food with us because everything is always closed!

Ugh... Yuck.

Very much yuck. I'm still tired thinking about it.

"Unfortunately, the car was stolen during the night, so we had to buy all new clothes. Yay!"

Were you eavesdropping during the conversation the night before? There was a debate on if it would be safe lol

This is the most Canadian thing ever.

:rotfl: :rotfl: We have a Tim Hortons around the corner and I love it!

There's something on your noses. Probably Tim Hortons coffee.

There's worse things.

Did he ask for a bite?

He seemed so confused that I wouldn't have been surprised.

"No you can't. But we taped them to our legs and snuck them through."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's good. I always use National (Get a good rate through work) and thankfully don't encounter that.

Our rental car for Colorado was booked through National :(:(

Basic is fine. It just needs to get you from A to B.

Exactly!

Ah! I know the place now! (From you, of course.)

Glad to have introduced you.

I've never been. I'm okay with that.

You should go! Even if you don't like shopping, just go to the Disney outlet. I've seen merchandise in there on sale that's still full price in the parks.

Oh man, if only you were more awake you could have made a joke about sneaking it in, maybe with a weird wink, to confuse the heck out of him.

I know :rotfl: :rotfl: too bad our brains were still half asleep.

What's the non-Disney standard on this? Do most places contact you when a room is available now? I'm realizing as I type this how few hotel chains I've stayed at since the girls were born.

I'm not honestly sure. Any other hotel I've stayed in has always given us a room right away regardless of the time.

100% the right choice. Two meals there was probably cheaper and tastier than BOGO hotel breakfast!

True!!

Oh my God - I thought a 5:00am wake up was bad ... I do not know how you did that!! :worship:

I'm not really sure either lol. It's all kinda a blur :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've never been to a Waffle House!

Oo we love them! I mean, not something to go out of the way for lol but they're a road trip staple.

Such a good deal!! I really want to get to the outlets the next time we get down!

Yess definitely recommend! It can be hit or miss but the deals are awesome.

I always bring food, and funny enough last time it did get our bags searched more thoroughly. I guess they don’t expect you to bring two foot-long subway sandwiches and an entire packet of Girl Scout cookies to the airport :confused3 (not to mention the entire sliced bell pepper, baggies of goldfish and box of breakfast bars).

:rotfl: :rotfl: Wow you definitely came prepared! My coworker got pulled aside for extra screening coming back from WDW because she had food in her bag too.

And man, I love a good Waffle House.

Same!

Glad to hear you like Rosen Inn! It comes up occasionally for people looking to not stay on property.

It definitely doesn't compare to the fancier onsite hotels but it's perfect for a budget friendly option especially since it's basically the same distance as the new Endless Summer resort!

Were you eavesdropping during the conversation the night before? There was a debate on if it would be safe lol
So you haven't found the camera yet.

er… I mean.... No! Of course not! How could I possibly know what you're saying?
:rotfl: :rotfl: We have a Tim Hortons around the corner and I love it!
How could you not! :laughing:
There's worse things.
True. :)
Our rental car for Colorado was booked through National :(:(
:hug:
Sorry about that. I hate this stupid virus.
Glad to have introduced you.
::yes::
You should go! Even if you don't like shopping, just go to the Disney outlet. I've seen merchandise in there on sale that's still full price in the parks.
This assumes I buy Disney merch... I actually don't. Or very, very little. I have a pair of Club 33 martini glasses on display. As well as my R2 Droid that I built... I have a couple of mugs that I use... but that's about it.

So you haven't found the camera yet.

er… I mean.... No! Of course not! How could I possibly know what you're saying?

giphy.gif

Sorry about that. I hate this stupid virus.

Me too :( :(

This assumes I buy Disney merch... I actually don't. Or very, very little. I have a pair of Club 33 martini glasses on display. As well as my R2 Droid that I built... I have a couple of mugs that I use... but that's about it.

Oo wow. Teach me your ways because I buy wayy too much Disney merch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter