Hi , I've been back over a week now..

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi everyone,
i've been back since the 10th but been working everyday since mother's day, still no day off until wed so have been very busy. i had a wonderful vacation, 1st solo trip and am very proud of myself for doing it:cool: :cool: weather was great, only 2 days out of 13 it rained for a few hours. last few days were pretty hot, up to 93* i spent 6 nights at AKL then 7 nights at CSR and enjoyed both. i can hardly wait to go back in dec with DD. :bounce: :Pinkbounc anyway....just stopping in to say hi:D

kathe:D

So this means Wednesday you are gonna do your trip report!

Would love to hear all about AKL! DD and I are going last week of August and first time there. Any tips, advice, suggestions, etc.?

TIA

Scratch
:wave:

Wow, that's quite the trip for solo. 13 days, that's awesome!
Don't forget to link us to your trip report.
Glad to hear you had a great time. Welcome home.

Welcome home, Katypop! Can't wait to hear all about your solo trip as I'm doing a solo trip in October. Was there anything that you didn't enjoy doing solo?

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your solo trip, Katypop! :) A "belated" Welcome back, to you!

Welcome Back...you're so brave to do a solo trip...I find it boring to go to the mall alone :teeth:

Welcome Back Kathe! 13 days must have been so relaxing! What did you think of the CSR the second time around.

Julie ~ if I could, I would go with you in October! S

Welcome back!13 days alone,WOW!I get excited when I can get 2 hours alone in WDW by myself.Cant wait to hear about your trip.

Welcome home Kathe!:wave:

I also think you're very brave to be down there on your own for that length of time but it sure sounds like you enjoyed it!:)

thanks all for the welcome backs:D it is wed today and my 1st day "off", but sorry to dissappoint you Tia , no trip report any time soon...let's see, what have i done so far with my day off...laundry, grocery shopping,mowed the grass, gardening, cleaningLOL:rolleyes: anyway, you will love AKL. i booked a standard room and was not upgraded to a savanah room but was given a pool view which was very nice, especially being solo. i could sit on my balcony and look out over the entire pool area and hear all the happy sounds around me. it is a very nice view. there are so many places to view the animals from inside and out that i did not feel i missed out by not having a savannah room. this resort is really great, i love boma, have had dinner there before and enjoyed it just as much this trip. first time i've been there for breakfast, very good. lots of fresh fruit and they have an omelet station and bake their pastries on site..delicious. in the evening you can go out to the viewing area and use their "night vision" goggles to view the savannah..very cool. the only downside to this resort is that i was an hour behind every morning. i like to be at the bus stop by 7:00ish for EE every AM but i found i would grab a quick coffee in the morn and go out for a quick look at the giraffes(my fave) and it was so peaceful and they were so close i could not drag myself away;)
julie, i'm sure you will enjoy your solo trip too. it is so nice to be able to do what ever you feel like. i enjoyed just about everything, character meals, dining , tea, cirque du soleil , met some nice people while waiting for shows and parades, REALLY enjoyed my very 1st massage;) the one thing i did not enjoy was Hoop Dee Doo. i had not seen this before and i know a lot of people rave about it but..had to wait an hour to get in, washrooms were filthy and it is the only location i noticed bugs
at, kept getting bitten on the legs:( the food was not very good and i did not think the show was very funny, just okay. i did feel uncomfortable being solo here. oh...i also didn't enjoy being sick with a terrible cold my last 3 days:( thank goodness i had a wonderful 10 days first. disney took care of me though, i had to see a dr. on my 2nd sick day when i got an eye infection too, they drove me to the hospital and came back to get me when i was ready, drivers would not even accept a tip. i was really impressed:D
okay Tia maybe i have just written my trip report afterall, this is really getting long:rolleyes:
kathe:)

oops, forgot to answer your question Sandra about CSR. i really enjoyed this resort last year and it did not dissappoint me this trip either. i know you weren't as impressed with it, but i just love the feel of it, walking around the lagoon and seeing everything lit up at night and enjoying a marguirita at a table by the water at the end of a tiring day was so relaxing and peaceful;) being solo this trip i thought it was perfect because there are conventioners walking around so i didn't feel quite so out of place without family. i did take time this trip to visit and walk around CB and PO but they did not appeal to me as much, i guess we all have different impressions which is a good thing...it makes for so many wonderful choices. i must say though...after staying at AKL that CSR did look a little tired, that is the rooms. they are in need of a facelift, clean but the carpeting certainly needed replacing and the tub, etc did not sparkle like AKL. they told me that castitas #3 was being refurbished right now. i had a perfect room though, paid for standard and ended up in the cabanas closest to the front of the resort which has no parking lot views. i had a corner room so it was brighter and looked out over the lagoon and the pond in behind as well, i could also see the El Centro and was a 2 min walk from bus stop #1. i would not hesitate to go here again but if i could get the same rate for AKL again it really stole my heart this trip:D dd really wants to go to WL in dec and i have an aaa rate but am hoping we get a better deal than that.
kathe:D

For your no time for report trip report!LOL

We can hardly wait! I will also be solo some nights, due to the fact I will put DD into the Kid Care Places! Love those wishes!

I will able to do TOT, RNRC, and all those others that DD just can't seem to stomach!

Thanks again.

Scratch
:smooth:

A belated "Welcome Home", Kathe! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the trip and time for yourself.

walking around the lagoon and seeing everything lit up at night and enjoying a marguirita at a table by the water at the end of a tiring day was so relaxing and peaceful

Oh, and I'm really glad to hear this. We're doing 1 night onsite at CSR surprise for the girls in the summer, and the thought of the margarita sounds heavenly!

Thanks Kathe! I usually end up doing tea at the GF by myself so that won't be strange but I'd love to do a character meal. Which one did you like best as a solo? When we stayed at AKL we were upgraded to a pool view too. I agree, the view was very pretty and I didn't feel we needed the savannah view because we spent a lot of time at all the viewing spots. I like the idea of a margarita by the pool, something I never seem to make time for ~ might go over to the Poly for a drink too. ;)

julie, while you're doing all that drinking LOL don't forget to buy a siesta margarita from the little stand outside mexico, yum, 4 flavours in one;) i walked half way around the "world" for this:p then sat down on a bench and enjoyed while i waited for illuminations one night. although i did lots of sit down meals i actually only did one character meal at LTT. i had planned on doing the character breakfast at BC as well but was sick my last couple of days. LTT was great, the characters all came around and my server took pictures of me with most of them. dale and goofy both sat across from me and pretended to help eat my dinner and dessert:D goofy would not leave the table until i kissed his nose and the server took a picture of this too LOL. a grandmother who had been with her children and grandchildren stopped at my table on her way out to tell me how jealous she was of all the attention i got:p the food here was not the best i've had but this was my 1st day in disney and i was a little nervous and it really was a great way to start my vacation, a lot of fun.
kathe

LOL, on the recommendation of oldkicker over on the CB's "Riddle Me This" thread, I tried one of those Fiesta Margaritas at Mexico during our March Break trip. It was delicious but I drank it too quickly since I was park-hopping to MK and walked rather "wobbily" (if that's a word ;) ) out of EPCOT. I had to get a Dole Whip and sit down for a while. :p I do intend to try another and drink it slower, probably while waiting for Illuminations, too! Your Character Meal at LTT sounds like fun. I'll keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter