High rates from national EA

mobrien207

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I've been calling National EA and got a rate of over $300 for a weekly intermediate car. That's using my corporate contract and DC coupon. EA told me the corp contract had the best rate. Last week I got a rate of $264 and didn't have the Disney coupon!

What's the deal? We'll be renting two vehicles and one of us doesn't have a computer to do online. And I wasn't getting a better rate than $264 online anyway.

Any tips or advice is appreciated. TIA,
'
mob

Don't know when you are going but rates go down and up very frequently and usually down as you get close to the date you are going? For example, we just recently got a minivan for two weeks at $458 (after all those stupid tax and other charges are added on) for June but the price was close to $750 for many months before then.

We are going May 16 and last week I got $128 taxes included for a full size. I used my DC contract and the DC coupon.

My rate was higher a few months ago...I just kept checking and rebooking.

For last full week in May we got a Minivan for $207.75 total with all taxes & surcharges. After I reserved the van, I canceled a Full-size EA at $105 (also total) just for peace of mind (we must have a six passenger something)

I got these rates by signing in as an EC member and then using the DC coupon and contract code. Also, I notice that the closer I get to departure day, the lower the base rates seem to drop. I intend to keep checking all the way up to a couple days before leaving. (Check out the "last minute" specials they offer online.)

Make your best reservation and then keep checking rates as your trip approaches. You can make new ressies at lower rates and then cancel the old. ;)

I have a ressie for the end of July. I've been checking daily, although I don't think $179 for 8 days is that bad. Yesterday when I checked, I got a window saying, 'No cars available'. I'll keep checking, but I think I've done as well as I'm going to....

Hi
I too have been working the "minivan" issue, but rates remain high.

Can you clarify for me how you made your reservation? You said you signed on as an EC member, then used your DC contract and coupon? Does that mean on the res page you substituted the DC contract number for the EC contract number?

Thanks

My paid package included a midsize; I joined EC for free then called National and asked them to apply the EC benefits to my existing pks. They dragged their feet but finally gave me an upgrade to full size (if available). I'll see when I get there on the 19th. Hope it works!

...yes, I logged in on the National website using my EC#. Then I entered all the date, time, flight, etc. info.
In the coupon box, I plugged in the DC coupon and in the contract code box, I replaced the code that automaticly pops up with the DC code.

A WARNING HERE... Check your DC coupons for limitations and expiration dates. I got my coupon off the DC site quite a long time ago. The latest coupons seem to have some limits on car class, etc.

Some of the best advice I got from these boards was to keep checking the rates...especially when you are getting closer to your trip. If there are vans available at that time, they will most likely be discounted...rentals are a perishable good. When you get to the week before your trip, be sure to check the "last minute specials" link. I've seen some good van deals for MCO listed there.

Good luck! Hope you get a great rate!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter