Hilton Buena Vista Palace vs Disney Saratoga Springs

tawnab

Earning My Ears
We will be staying 2 nights at Disney Springs and can't decide between Hilton Buena Vista Palace and Disney Saratoga Springs. We will be 2 adults and 2 teens ages 14 and 17 staying in one room. We plan to do Animal Kingdom After Dark our first night and then hang out at Disney Springs and at our resort pool area the next day. Please let me know which hotel is best suited for our needs. We would like to walk or use the boat transport for most of our travel while staying in Disney Springs (will have to use bus system for AK after dark). Thank you

If booking studio at SSR, there will be one bed & a sofa bed. I love my DVCs but running joke among my now adult children is ‘she who pays for the room gets the bed’. It is not one of my home resorts, and neither is it one of my first choices to book, but always nice to find a room available there, relatively last minute.

It’s very spread out. They do have a preferred category of booking that is typically closer to the walkway to DTD. There is also a boat launch back near the main pool area. Have tried three of their pools over the years, they are not as nice as many of the value or mod pools and seem to have less seating than most WDW offerings imo.

An extensive rennovation is ongoing, check reviews to determine if that is a deal-breaker for you.

We tend to stay at the original DTD hilton property when we need a few extras nights. Appreciate the elevated walkway in front of the property for easy access. Haven’t tried the HBVP. Friends have, enjoy the pool area & lazy river feature for passing a few hours. They were not happy with their section of resort their last stay, non tower I believe?

Good luck planning! If you do stay at the HBVP, please post a review.

We've stayed at both and my family prefers the Hilton Buena Vista Palace because of the lazy river and the onsite restaurants. Saratoga Springs is nice but was too spread out for us. We did an After Hours event and just took an Uber back to the hotel after it was over.

We like Saratoga, they always seem to have a room when we need one. The kids love the pool, so the Paddock is where you would want to be for that. Carousel is too far away. Congress Park has more typical hotel rooms as described above, but it is crazy close to Disney Springs, which we liked. The pool at Congress Park is small, but it’s ok.

That being said, the lazy river at Hilton looks sweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter