Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

Be forewarned (or relieved, depending on how you roll), I typically don't comment much on PTRs.
No worries! I don't update on PTRs a lot either. :)
I did not know this! My eldest will be doing her practicum this school year. She'll be with a combined gr 3/4 class (as far as we know).
Good luck to her! I hope her practicum goes well!
Did you go??
I didn't........my appointment got cancelled and then Jack gave me a major guilt trip about going to the spa during a global pandemic that I didn't bother rescheduling. Don't you love 20 year olds???
How about now?
I did have dinner inside in Stratford last weekend. It was ok...not many tables were occupied. I am still more comfortable eating on the patio but that option is not going to last forever.
Yeah... good luck. No idea how that's going to work.
Me either! I feel like a human guinea pig....
I've never done that. Done some fishing, but never fly fishing. It looks intimidating.
I think it's not as hard as it looks....Bill has fly fished since he was 10. He loves it!
Oh, I hope so. To all of that.
Me too.
Very pretty!
Thank you!

No worries! I don't update on PTRs a lot either. :)
Then we're both safe. ;)
Good luck to her! I hope her practicum goes well!
I'm sure she'll do great. She's very organized, hard working and has this almost-magical rapport with kids. She's been teaching dance to littles for several years already.
I didn't........my appointment got cancelled and then Jack gave me a major guilt trip about going to the spa during a global pandemic that I didn't bother rescheduling. Don't you love 20 year olds???
:rolleyes1
I did have dinner inside in Stratford last weekend. It was ok...not many tables were occupied. I am still more comfortable eating on the patio but that option is not going to last forever.
"Why did you put so much salt on your food?"
"That's not salt, it's snow."
I think it's not as hard as it looks....Bill has fly fished since he was 10. He loves it!
:) Maybe someday I'll get a chance to try it.

I love all your plans. The Mickey dress and other finds are so cute!
Our trip for August 2021 starts on 8/28, we will have to meet up for a drink! We are staying at Beach Club as of right now.
I have never been to Hilton Head, it does look beautiful!

I'm sure she'll do great. She's very organized, hard working and has this almost-magical rapport with kids. She's been teaching dance to littles for several years already.
The best characteristics for teaching.....she will do great!
Why did you put so much salt on your food?"
"That's not salt, it's snow."
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I love all your plans. The Mickey dress and other finds are so cute!
Our trip for August 2021 starts on 8/28, we will have to meet up for a drink! We are staying at Beach Club as of right now.
I have never been to Hilton Head, it does look beautiful!
It's so fun to plan! I am hoping that some of them come to fruition. It would be great to meet up with our 21 year olds and go for drinks!
We loved Skull Creek Boathouse in Hilton Head and the Olde Pink House in Savannah! Yum!
Thanks for the recommendations! I am excited to visit Hilton Head. :)

This is certainly a crazy time to try and plan anything. I hope you are have a good time at Hilton Head. My family went there years ago, I know it'll be a great experience. No pointers to offer though, any info I had would be so outdated as to be useless. My stepdad is from Savannah though and goes back down there with my mom several times a year. I'll see about picking his brain on any hidden local gems.

We too are planning for a son's 21st Birthday celebration at WDW, ours will be at the beginning of this December. Jump on my PTR if you have the time!

We too are planning for a son's 21st Birthday celebration at WDW, ours will be at the beginning of this December. Jump on my PTR if you have the time!

:welcome:, thanks for joining in! I will definitely pop in to your PTR. Hard to believe 21st birthdays come so quickly but what better place to celebrate than Disney! :)

Officially booked for August'21!!

Hello all! I made my reservation today for next summer and am booked at Boulder Ridge Villas in a deluxe studio from August 21-29th! 8 nights/9 days at my favourite place....I really can't wait! Let's hope that the current situation clears so we can actually travel. I am missing my happy place so much!

In other news, I started back to work two weeks ago. Kindergarten is a very strange place during Covid. Assigned seats, no sharing materials, much more regimented schedules than we are used to. Thankfully we have a beautiful outdoor space and spend the first hour and a half outside. At least we have a little freedom there. We have to wear a mask and face shield all day which has taken some getting used to. Luckily our kindergarten team is awesome and I only have a 13 minute commute. That is pretty sweet!

This past weekend Bill and I camped at our local fishing club. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the restaurant and stayed warm and toasty although the overnight temp dipped down to 3 celsius (37 farenheit). It was a great way to spend the last weekend of summer. The next morning was bright and sunny and we enjoyed coffee with Baileys by the fire. Disney mugs come in handy when camping!

IMG_7164.jpegIMG_7189.jpeg

Hope you are all doing well and staying safe!!

Hello all! I made my reservation today for next summer and am booked at Boulder Ridge Villas in a deluxe studio from August 21-29th! 8 nights/9 days at my favourite place....I really can't wait!
Wow! That's great! And at such a beautiful resort!!
Let's hope that the current situation clears so we can actually travel. I am missing my happy place so much!
Oh, man... I so hear you. When will this end????? (asks the entire planet.)
In other news, I started back to work two weeks ago. Kindergarten is a very strange place during Covid. Assigned seats, no sharing materials, much more regimented schedules than we are used to.
That must be difficult keeping kindergareners apart and social distanced.
Thankfully we have a beautiful outdoor space and spend the first hour and a half outside.
Nice. :)
But when winter rolls around... I sure hope there's some development by then.
The next morning was bright and sunny and we enjoyed coffee with Baileys by the fire.
That sounds so nice. :)
What kind of camping do you do? RV? Trailer? Tent?
Disney mugs come in handy when camping!
:thumbsup2

8 nights at Boulder Ridge Villas sounds perfect. I can only hope we are in a very different situation by next August!

I can't imagine how difficult it is to teach little ones right now (well ever really but especially now lol). You must be a very patient person!

Hello all! I made my reservation today for next summer and am booked at Boulder Ridge Villas in a deluxe studio from August 21-29th! 8 nights/9 days at my favourite place

Yay! That sounds amazing!!

Kindergarten is a very strange place during Covid. Assigned seats, no sharing materials, much more regimented schedules than we are used to.

So sad, and exactly why we decided to not send my niece this year. She turned 5 in August and if it weren't for covid, would have started. I'm praying things are more normal next year when she starts.

Good luck to you, I'm sure your little ones are lucky to have you :love:

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the restaurant and stayed warm and toasty although the overnight temp dipped down to 3 celsius (37 farenheit). It was a great way to spend the last weekend of summer. The next morning was bright and sunny and we enjoyed coffee with Baileys by the fire. Disney mugs come in handy when camping!

IMG_7164.jpeg
IMG_7189.jpeg

Brrrr…but it looks beautiful and it must've been so nice to get away!

Wow! That's great! And at such a beautiful resort!!
Thank you! We are so, so excited! First stay at our home resort. Gotta love DVC! :)
That must be difficult keeping kindergareners apart and social distanced.
It is almost impossible. If I had a dollar for every time I say "stay safe in your bubble", I'd be going to Disney a lot more!
What kind of camping do you do? RV? Trailer? Tent?
We are tenting.....just a small three man tent but enough space for us.
8 nights at Boulder Ridge Villas sounds perfect. I can only hope we are in a very different situation by next August!

I can't imagine how difficult it is to teach little ones right now (well ever really but especially now lol). You must be a very patient person!
I will be thrilled to be back on property! It is a very different way to do kindergarten but I absolutely love this age group.
Brrrr…but it looks beautiful and it must've been so nice to get away!
The best part is the club is only an 8 minute drive from our house!
So sad, and exactly why we decided to not send my niece this year. She turned 5 in August and if it weren't for covid, would have started. I'm praying things are more normal next year when she starts.
Awwww....poor sweet pea! Will she be able to do kindie next year or will she have to start grade one based on her age? In Ontario, they have to enter the grade they are the age for ( no red shirting, holding back etc)
Good luck to you, I'm sure your little ones are lucky to have you :love:
Thank you, they are the sweetest and I am so lucky to spend every day with them. ♥

Thank you! We are so, so excited! First stay at our home resort. Gotta love DVC! :)
:)
I was actually looking at DVC there just an hour ago.
But... I can't justify it right now. Even with the discount. But oh, so tempting!
It is almost impossible. If I had a dollar for every time I say "stay safe in your bubble", I'd be going to Disney a lot more!
Elle (my student teacher DD) is telling me similar stories.
We are tenting.....just a small three man tent but enough space for us.
Ah! Sounds similar to what we did this summer. :)

But... I can't justify it right now. Even with the discount. But oh, so tempting!
I went with a resale contract and saved over $13,000 USD vs buying direct through Disney. Most of the "perks" aren't worth it for me and my savings buy a lot of annual passes. :)

I went with a resale contract and saved over $13,000 USD vs buying direct through Disney. Most of the "perks" aren't worth it for me and my savings buy a lot of annual passes. :)
:eek: Whoa! Nice!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a turkey roasting in the oven, all side dishes prepped and two pumpkin pies ready for dessert. While this won't be our usual gathering with friends and family, I am happy to have Jack home for the long weekend. We are seeing a significant surge in Covid cases in major cities in Ontario so have been asked to scale back all gatherings. I'm hoping that if everyone does their part, we may be able to have larger gatherings again by Christmas. And in a really ideal world, our border will open for US travel before spring break!

In happy news, I finally arranged all our park reservations. I don't have flights yet but our tentative schedule looks like this......

Aug 21 ~travel day, Check in to Boulder Ridge, Dinner and drinks at Geyser Point.
Aug 22 ~ Magic Kingdom
Aug 23 ~ Hollywood Studios
Aug 24 ~ Epcot
Aug 25 ~Animal Kingdom
Aug 26 ~Hollywood Studios
Aug 27 ~ Magic Kingdom
Aug 28 ~ Animal Kingdom
Aug 29~ Check out, breakfast at WCC, pool, leave for home.

I may try to modify at the seven month mark to see if I can split our stay between Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I know he would love it there!

Hope you are all doing well and staying safe! :)

I have a turkey roasting in the oven, all side dishes prepped and two pumpkin pies ready for dessert.
Happy Thanksgiving! :)
My thanksgiving dinner is similar to yours. Minus the turkey, side dishes and dessert. :rolleyes:
I'm working tonight and haven't decided on A&W or a can of soup. Decisions, decisions!
I am happy to have Jack home for the long weekend.
:) Happy for you.
And in a really ideal world, our border will open for US travel before spring break!
Please!
Aug 22 ~ Magic Kingdom
Aug 23 ~ Hollywood Studios
Aug 24 ~ Epcot
Aug 25 ~Animal Kingdom
Aug 26 ~Hollywood Studios
Aug 27 ~ Magic Kingdom
Aug 28 ~ Animal Kingdom
So... is that a tradition for you or just the way it worked out. That you do MK first and/or finish with AK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!