Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

Happy Thanksgiving!

Your August plans sound perfect- hopefully we are much closer to normal again at that point.

We visited Disney's HH resort last summer. It was very beautiful and definitely had some magic! Im sure you'll have a great Time!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)
My thanksgiving dinner is similar to yours. Minus the turkey, side dishes and dessert. :rolleyes:
I'm working tonight and haven't decided on A&W or a can of soup. Decisions, decisions!
Well A&W is always my go to choice if I am treating myself to fast food. It's delish! I hope you celebrated Thanksgiving at some point. :)
So... is that a tradition for you or just the way it worked out. That you do MK first and/or finish with AK?
Just the way it worked out really. Typically I start with Epcot as I usually arrive on a Tuesday and it (used to have) EMH until 11. I knew I didn't want to be at Epcot or HS on a weekend so MK seemed to be the next best choice. I am really hoping park hopping comes back before next summer!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Your August plans sound perfect- hopefully we are much closer to normal again at that point.
Thank you so much! How are you doing? I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy!
We visited Disney's HH resort last summer. It was very beautiful and definitely had some magic! Im sure you'll have a great Time!
Thank you and :welcome: . I am hoping that trip goes ahead. Our borders are closed until November 21/20 at least and there is a mandatory two week quarantine if you leave the country. If those two restrictions are gone by the New Year, we should be good to go!
Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey and pumpkin pie sounds pretty good right now!

Your plans look great so far!
Thanks Kelly! Turkey and pumpkin pie are always yummy! I am having fun planning but I miss Disney so much!!! Honestly I can't wait until I can go again. Were you able to go on your October trip?

Well A&W is always my go to choice if I am treating myself to fast food. It's delish! I hope you celebrated Thanksgiving at some point. :)
For a while (at least here) A&W seemed to go away from the seasoning salt on their burger patties. The food really suffered and I stopped going. I don't do fast food chains very often, but I am happy to report that the flavour is back. :)
Just the way it worked out really. Typically I start with Epcot as I usually arrive on a Tuesday and it (used to have) EMH until 11. I knew I didn't want to be at Epcot or HS on a weekend so MK seemed to be the next best choice. I am really hoping park hopping comes back before next summer!
Ah okay. I hope hopping comes back too. I don't often hop, but I do on occasion and like having the option.

Saying goodbye to Hilton Head

As much as I didn't want to write this, I sadly have come to the realization that Hilton Head is just not possible. We have no idea of when our border will re-open for non essential travel and I can't quarantine upon return as I have to be back in the classroom. So Hilton Head will get put on the back burner for now. Hopefully I'll get there one day. :)

I am still holding out for Disney in August. The news of a vaccine is offering some hope so I am feeling optimistic that Jack and I will be able to travel this summer.

Christmas is looking very different this year with no large gatherings permitted here in Ontario. People living on their own may gather with one other household so I am hopeful that Bill's sister will be able to join us. Jack will be home from university next week and I finish at school on Friday.

I wish all of you who celebrate a very Merry Christmas and good wishes to all for a better New Year. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear this but I completely understand. Hopefully the vaccine will do much to dampen this thing and August will still happen for you…I have high hopes.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Stay safe :lovestruc

As much as I didn't want to write this, I sadly have come to the realization that Hilton Head is just not possible. We have no idea of when our border will re-open for non essential travel and I can't quarantine upon return as I have to be back in the classroom. So Hilton Head will get put on the back burner for now. Hopefully I'll get there one day. :)
I'm sorry to hear that, but not at all surprised. :hug:
I am still holding out for Disney in August. The news of a vaccine is offering some hope so I am feeling optimistic that Jack and I will be able to travel this summer.
Hopefully... Hopefully!!!... things will be very different by August. Vaccine rollout will take time, but it will happen. (And is happening!)
Christmas is looking very different this year with no large gatherings permitted here in Ontario.
Same here in MB. No one outside the immediate household is allowed to visit, so I can't see my parents or sister this year. However... I'd rather not visit them, then visit and infect them. So I'm okay with it, from that aspect.
I wish all of you who celebrate a very Merry Christmas and good wishes to all for a better New Year. :goodvibes
And to you as well, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :)

So sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip and hope you can reschedule it soon!

Hopefully everything with COVID will take a turn for the better soon.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Oh Suse! I'm so sorry. That's very disappointing. Here's hoping August works out!
Joe can get vaccinated this week if he chooses...

I'm so sorry to hear this but I completely understand. Hopefully the vaccine will do much to dampen this thing and August will still happen for you…I have high hopes.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Stay safe :lovestruc
Thanks Kelly! I know it will be a lovely Christmas for you with your boy home. I hope you have some time off over Christmas to relax and celebrate. Thanks for all you do!
Hopefully... Hopefully!!!... things will be very different by August. Vaccine rollout will take time, but it will happen. (And is happening!)
The first planes landed in Montreal yesterday! We are on our way!
Same here in MB. No one outside the immediate household is allowed to visit, so I can't see my parents or sister this year. However... I'd rather not visit them, then visit and infect them. So I'm okay with it, from that aspect.
It's so hard. Luckily my parents are in PEI and I know they are safe. One sister is there as well and she will be vaccinated this week as she is an ER doc. My other sister is in Vancouver but she is working from home and being very careful. Like you, I am ok with not seeing my family as long as I know they are okay but man I miss them so much!
So sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip and hope you can reschedule it soon!

Hopefully everything with COVID will take a turn for the better soon.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thanks Courtney! The good thing is there is always another time. I will be crying tears of happiness when I can finally get on a plane again. I know you will have a wonderful Christmas with your sweet little man. He is so darling!
Oh Suse! I'm so sorry. That's very disappointing. Here's hoping August works out!
Joe can get vaccinated this week if he chooses...
Thanks Jenny! I am trying to rent out my DVC points so it's not a total loss. I am keeping my fingers crossed for August....I miss Disney so much! How is Joe feeling about the vaccine? My sister is getting vaccinated this week as she is an ER doc.

Happy 2021 and lots of changes!

Hello to all my lovely friends! I hope the start of 2021 has been good to you and that there are brighter days ahead. While 2020 was definitely the year of no travel for me, I am holding out hope for this summer. Come what may, I am determined to get to Disney in August and with that in mind, I changed my dates to allow for a possible 14 day quarantine upon return. So now our dates are August 7th through the 15th with three different resorts!

Here's how it looks at the moment.....

Saturday, August 7th ~ Travel day with a mid afternoon flight putting us in Orlando around 4:30 pm. Our first night, we will stay at the beautiful Grand Destino tower at Coronado Springs! I have great hopes of whiling away the evening strolling the grounds and enjoying drinks at the beautiful Three Bridges Bar and Grill.

Sunday, August 8th ~ We have a park pass for today at Magic Kingdom so will head there after leaving our luggage with Bell services to transfer to the first portion of our DVC stay. Yesterday was my 7 month window and I was happy to pick up three nights in a garden view studio at the beautiful Boardwalk resort!

I thought it would be lovely to be able to walk to two parks and enjoy the Skyliner for a little resort hopping. Our park reservations for Monday and Tuesday are at Hollywood Studios and Epcot so we will be in a perfect location for both. :)

Monday, August 9th ~ Hollywood Studios! Jack is so excited to experience Galaxy's Edge and I am looking forward to MMRR! Of course, park hopping is back so we will be able to take advantage of our proximity to World Showcase for an after dinner stroll!

Tuesday, August 10th ~ Epcot day! We will take advantage of Jack's new legal status for a little mother/son drinking around the world and hopefully have dinner at Via Napoli!

Wednesday, August 11th ~ we check out of the Boardwalk today and head to our home resort of Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge!
We are looking at breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno before heading to Animal Kingdom for the day. Nomad Lounge is calling my name! I can't wait to introduce Jack to the beauty of Pandora too. Arriving at Wilderness Lodge will be a joy and I imagine we will spend the evening settling in, enjoying the pool and having a late dinner at Geyser Point!

Thursday, August 12th ~We are heading back to Hollywood Studios today! Jack really wants to build a lightsaber at Savi's and I envision a lovely late lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby. We will probably head to Disney Springs this evening for drinks and appies at Jock Lindsey's. I think Jack would love the theming there.

Friday, August 13th~ Magic Kingdom day! We are looking at lunch either at Skippers or Liberty Tree, Really, really hoping for the return of fireworks! We will probably do an early morning at the park then head back to WL for some pool/rest time before heading back in the evening. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the extension of park hours as I love the parks at night.

Saturday, August 14th ~ We have a park reservation for Animal Kingdom today but I think this may turn into a park hopping day! Do you think Jack will be up for a 4 parks/1day challenge? It's one of my favourite things to do!

Sunday, August 15th~ Sadly we have to check out today and head back to reality. We will have breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe and enjoy the resort before boarding the Tragical Depress to the airport for an early evening flight home.

This is the third time I've changed our August plans so hoping it's the charm and this sticks! We shall see....only 211 days to go!

While 2020 was definitely the year of no travel for me, I am holding out hope for this summer. Come what may, I am determined to get to Disney in August
I sure hope that works out. It'd be nice if the majority of Canadians were able to be vaccinated by then.
I changed my dates to allow for a possible 14 day quarantine upon return
Probably a wise move... and one I hope is completely unnecessary.
We are looking at breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno
Huh! I've heard a few reports about dinner there, but never breakfast. Looking forward to hearing about that.

All your plans sound really nice. I don't mind saying that I'm just a wee bit envious of you! :)

I sure hope that works out. It'd be nice if the majority of Canadians were able to be vaccinated by then.
I am hoping to be vaccinated by late spring as they are saying they will put school staff on the essential worker list in Ontario. I would want Jack to be vaccinated before traveling too.
Probably a wise move... and one I hope is completely unnecessary.
Better safe than sorry. The twins will be starting college/university this fall so will be getting them moved in and Jack back at school for third year and getting my classroom set up. So that's a roundabout way of saying I will need to be able to be out and about by August 29th. :)
Huh! I've heard a few reports about dinner there, but never breakfast. Looking forward to hearing about that.

All your plans sound really nice. I don't mind saying that I'm just a wee bit envious of you! :)
I have never eaten there but our friend @CruellaNY has many times and it looks so good. I just had to put it on my list.

I love planning for trips, it's half the fun for me. This will be the 4th trip I've planned in the last year and I hope it's the one that actually happens. Time will tell, I guess.

I am hoping to be vaccinated by late spring as they are saying they will put school staff on the essential worker list in Ontario. I would want Jack to be vaccinated before traveling too.
We're in a weird spot. I suspect my eldest DD will be first vaccinated in our home. She's a student teacher now, but will probably be hired and working before the end of the school year. Then probably me, as I'm essential services. Then DW and youngest DD. So we'll have a variety of vaccinated and non in the house.
Better safe than sorry. The twins will be starting college/university this fall so will be getting them moved in and Jack back at school for third year and getting my classroom set up. So that's a roundabout way of saying I will need to be able to be out and about by August 29th. :)
Roundabout way of saying I sure how it works out for you!!
I have never eaten there but our friend @CruellaNY has many times and it looks so good. I just had to put it on my list.
For sure! I didn't know she'd had breakfast there. Then again, I tend to not read many dining reports.
I love planning for trips, it's half the fun for me. This will be the 4th trip I've planned in the last year and I hope it's the one that actually happens. Time will tell, I guess.
Four trips planned? Lady, you are owed.

Four trips planned? Lady, you are owed.
I know it's totally a first world problem but since purchasing DVC in November of 2019 I had the following trips booked.....

June 30th- July 8th, 2020 Copper Creek and Animal Kingdom deluxe studio villas ~ Jambo (cancelled)
December 19th -23rd, 2020 1 brdrm villa at Boulder Ridge (cancelled)
March 13th - 20th, 2021 Disney's Hilton Head Island resort deluxe studio (cancelled)
August 7th -15th, 2021 Boardwalk Villas and Boulder Ridge villas deluxe studio (fingers crossed it happens!)

I know it's totally a first world problem but since purchasing DVC in November of 2019 I had the following trips booked.....

June 30th- July 8th, 2020 Copper Creek and Animal Kingdom deluxe studio villas ~ Jambo (cancelled)
December 19th -23rd, 2020 1 brdrm villa at Boulder Ridge (cancelled)
March 13th - 20th, 2021 Disney's Hilton Head Island resort deluxe studio (cancelled)
August 7th -15th, 2021 Boardwalk Villas and Boulder Ridge villas deluxe studio (fingers crossed it happens!)
While I suppose it is a first world problem... you still had to cancel those trips. And that's just not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter