Hit the Beach! July Exercise Challenge

+150 today, including 50 minutes at the "Silent Disco" where everyone got headsets and got to choose their music channel.

910/1400

Today's Disney beach-related MINI pays homage to Pirates of the Caribbean:

image.png

"Dead Men Tell No Tales" written across the side with a cool graphic at the back. And a license plate that says "YoHo x2". Plus if you look closely, you'll see the driver looks a little spooky too . . .

Home tomorrow and back to regularly scheduled Disney beach programming. Keep those active minutes coming!

@sophy1996 , hope you meet some nice people during your road trip! Love the Dory MINI. Very cute!

The fun thing about MINI events is that the people generally are pretty cool. Even the catering staff mentioned what a unique, diverse group it is.

This year's event started at Portland OR (West ride) and Orlando FL (East ride) and met here in Keystone. But from the people we've met, lots from the East decided to come out and do at least part of the West ride instead!

Have been walking a bit each day, but forgetting to note the time, so I'm estimating 55 min over the last 3 days.

Some was just at home, but yesterday's portion was at my first ever polo match! (I counted lugging chairs and picnic supplies to and from parking, and taking my little cousin on "amuse-the-baby" walks.) It was really fun, and I enjoyed learning about something new!

I'm up to 275/450.

(30 minutes under pace, but I can catch up from that!)

Did the neighborhood walk yesterday - 40 minutes & just shy of 2 miles! Kept going when I got home - weeded for another 20 minutes. So, 60 minutes total at exercise level, then, with my fitbit reminders, I logged over 7,000 steps! I'm happy with that!
So that puts me at 248/660.

sophy1996 - loving the Aulani report! My husband and I went there a few years ago - it's just beautiful! My favorite memory is watching the Mickey Meet and Greet every morning just under our balcony! We were on the 3rd floor and I called to him one morning - and every morning after that, he made sure to look up to me and wave! Oh, and that lazy river!!! It's a wonderful family place.

Some was just at home, but yesterday's portion was at my first ever polo match! (I counted lugging chairs and picnic supplies to and from parking, and taking my little cousin on "amuse-the-baby" walks.) It was really fun, and I enjoyed learning about something new!

That does sound like so much fun! Did you know someone in the match?

Today's Disney beach-related MINI pays homage to Pirates of the Caribbean:

View attachment 338593

"Dead Men Tell No Tales" written across the side with a cool graphic at the back. And a license plate that says "YoHo x2". Plus if you look closely, you'll see the driver looks a little spooky too . . .

Ooh! Love that one, too! What a fun find! It sounds like you guys are having a blast.

+20 today

930/1400

Some was just at home, but yesterday's portion was at my first ever polo match!

That sounds like fun!

sophy1996 - loving the Aulani report! My husband and I went there a few years ago - it's just beautiful! My favorite memory is watching the Mickey Meet and Greet every morning just under our balcony! We were on the 3rd floor and I called to him one morning - and every morning after that, he made sure to look up to me and wave! Oh, and that lazy river!!! It's a wonderful family place.

Thanks for the firsthand report! Glad to think that this brought back some happy memories.

Ooh! Love that one, too! What a fun find! It sounds like you guys are having a blast.

Thanks for indulging my mini MINI diversion. :car:

Congratulations go out to PollyannaMom on turning Sand Pail Purple!

Aulani sits on a beautiful white-sand beach. Unlike Waikolohe Valley, however, the beach isn't private (with only a few exceptions, Hawai'i has an open-beach policy). Visit Makiki Joe's to secure complimentary amenities for resort guests (including boogie boards, sand toys, life jackets, beach chairs, and umbrellas) and rent snorkel gear, paddle boards, and beach-side casabellas (2-seat lounger with awning). You can also rent a casabella on the lanai of 'AMA'AMA restaurant.

There are numerous complimentary beach activities, including Ki-i One (Sculptures in the Sand), Toddler Time Splash and Play, and for the teens, NSBZ (North Shore Beach Zone) and Sunset Mele. One particularly Pacific excursion (though not complimentary) is the Sailing Canoe Experience by Hawaiian Ocean Adventures.

Sorry i haven't updated in awhile. I ended up pretty sick for part of last week. I still got some steps in though.

Wednesday -- 13
Thursday -- 43
Friday -- 60
Saturday -- 99
Sunday -- 19

Total -- 1263/1860

:welcome: Twilight Sparkle as the first team member to reach Underwater Camera Red!

Aulani offers numerous opportunities to learn about Hawaiian culture.

The Ka Wa'a Lu'au includes a pre-show highlighting traditional arts such as kapa printing, flower arranging, kaka tattoos (temporary!), and pa'i ai taro pounding. The luau performance is described as "an enchanting, often breathtaking production that brings the legends and lore of ancient Hawai'i to life."

Another nighttime offering (this one complimentary!) is the Mo'olelo Fire Fit Storytelling, where a master storyteller shares Hawaiian legends and lore.

One of the lounges, the 'Olelo Room, is named after the Hawaiian for "word" or "to converse." The decorations are designed to help you learn the Hawaiian words for common objects, and bartenders are required to be fluent in the Hawaiian language. Live Hawaiian music is performed each night on the patio, weather permitting.

The resort also has the Menehune Adventure Trail, a complimentary interactive treasure hunt where you check out a special cell phone and then hit the trail, answering clues and learning about the Menehune, Hawai'i's mischievous magical "little people." If you start looking, you'll find carving evidencing the Menehune throughout the resort.

And finally, shave ice may not be traditional, but it's popular in Hawai'i, and Aulani has its own shave ice stand.

I am feeling much better but now DH has it. I am hoping the kids don't get it.
The weather has been really crummy this week. I had to take some cough meds Sunday night and had a hard time getting up in the am to get a walk in. I was going to go in the afternoon but we got a a bunch of rain and storms. Yesterday we couldn't walk in the am because of rain but the afternoon was better.

Monday - 15
Tuesday - 45

Total - 1323/1860

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!