Hmm, few CRV rumors now.

Mickey'sApprentice

Shamelessly demand, it works bette
O.K., so I haven't seen ANY post concerning CRV lately.

It seems like its been a month since I've seen new construction photos.

What's going on?

Could no news be good news?

Does this mean an announcement is imminent? (Sp?)

Speculation?

:surfweb:

What's going on?

Speculation?

Ya, I noticed a complete slowdown, too, though there are some foundation pictures I saw on the web July 22.

Doesn't the pdf file on the following thread from the UK boards pretty much seal the deal? It says DVC all over it:confused3

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=19918077#post19918077

The pdf file on the UK board is not new.

It sends definite mixed signals too because it says DVC in some parts and Contemporary Villas in others.

The description in the pdf describes a crescent shaped building in place of the north tower, like the architectural drawings that were posted and quickly withdrawn on the designers website.

Nothing has been announced officially.

I took a few pictures of the construction site on July 9th but to be honest they don't seem to contain any more information than earlier photos. The only thing I did notice was that there were 2 concrete trucks and 1 was hooked up to one of the large drills. I'm guessing this is footing work, but someone more knowledgeable about construction might have more info.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but this is a panoramic that I threw together quickly from the photos I did take. These photos were taken on the 5th, so they don't show the concrete trucks.

CRVConstruction.jpg

What's going on?

Speculation?

I think the slowdown stems from this:

We've covered all the speculation, rumor, etc. At this point, we know they're building SOMETHING there. Until Disney makes a formal announcment as to what purpose it's going to serve...what's left to say?

MIDisFan - is that a school bus at the construction site - or are my eyes that bad?

there is no rush to put up this building.

I think this to me means that the top hasn't yet make up their mind.... DVC or suites - the bathrooms and kitchen would be different in a DVC than suites.
not to mention the laundry.

glad the cement finally arrived. that was the hold up for a while.

MIDisFan - is that a school bus at the construction site - or are my eyes that bad?
They are used all the time. General laborers are usually not allowed to park near the projects and are required to park at some offsite parking location. The transportation of the workers are the responsibility of the General Contractor under the general conditions of the contract. Former school buses are cheap and can handle the dusty conditions of the passengers.

The drills are for borings which are used in new construction prior to major foundation work...

I saw the school bus as well... Could it be they are building a School and there was a class outing that day and a lesson on construction?

I saw the school bus as well... Could it be they are building a School and there was a class outing that day and a lesson on construction?

LOL!

Seriously, they're busing workers over from the old "airfield" area that's been turned into a home base for the construction workers (complete with parking, trailer, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter