Hold out for cancellations?

Cande

Earning My Ears
We booked our first trip vey last minute, not knowing a thing about ADRs! We travel in November.
I’ve been able to snag dinner at Akershus and Garden Grill and just got a CRT for our last night...except it’s at 940pm. Traveling with 6 & 3 year olds, do I keep this and hope for a cancellation to get in earlier?

Yes! That’s how I got the 940 CRT. I feel like I’m stalking cancellation board and all lol

We booked our first trip vey last minute, not knowing a thing about ADRs! We travel in November.
I’ve been able to snag dinner at Akershus and Garden Grill and just got a CRT for our last night...except it’s at 940pm. Traveling with 6 & 3 year olds, do I keep this and hope for a cancellation to get in earlier?
Why would you book a 9:40 ADR with 3 and 6 year olds? I would cancel

Be flexible is the best advice. People cancel every day. People often cancel night before. If you look night before or first thing in the morning you should be able to find something every day

Why would you book a 9:40 ADR with 3 and 6 year olds? I would cancel
Well, essentially because we’ve never been to Disney, didn’t know about how early you could book the “hot spot” dining, would love to give them the experience of dining in the castle and lastly because I’m optimistic that i can get an earlier time. If you have input please few free to share to this total newbie!

Well, essentially because we’ve never been to Disney, didn’t know about how early you could book the “hot spot” dining, would love to give them the experience of dining in the castle and lastly because I’m optimistic that i can get an earlier time. If you have input please few free to share to this total newbie!
Just to be clear, having the later time booked won’t help you to get an earlier time. If you know you’re not using the 940 you might as well cancel so someone else can get it. My advice is really just to keep checking and use TP reservation finder. Chances are something will come up. Good luck!

Just to be clear, having the later time booked won’t help you to get an earlier time. If you know you’re not using the 940 you might as well cancel so someone else can get it. My advice is really just to keep checking and use TP reservation finder. Chances are something will come up. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice, truly appreciate all the good input I’ve picked up from these boards!

Be flexible is the best advice. People cancel every day. People often cancel night before. If you look night before or first thing in the morning you should be able to find something every day
Thank you! Optimistic that I’ll find an earlier one!

Keep checking by yourself and keep renewing the touring plans request search (make sure you reset it if it goes off with a notice). I've gotten one myself by repeatedly checking and got 2 with touring plans recently. Good luck!

Keep checking by yourself and keep renewing the touring plans request search (make sure you reset it if it goes off with a notice). I've gotten one myself by repeatedly checking and got 2 with touring plans recently. Good luck!
Thank you! I’ll do just that!!

Also, don’t fret if you can’t get CRT. You’ll still see all the princesses at Akershus and Garden Grill is awesome (my favorite character meal on property)!

Please cancel that ADR. This one is not going to work with the little ones, and will not get you get one that will be a better time frame. Akershus has the Princesses, and is wonderful. Frankly, if you could try for 1900 Park Fare dinner at the Grand Floridian, you might be much happier. Cindy and Charming do appear there, and they are joined by Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters. The meal is a buffet, and is pretty good, but much less money than CRT> and the kids can dance in the Grand Ballroom if you are there when the Grand Orchestra is entertaining.

Even if you cannot get a better time for CRT, you may find that booking a different restaurant, or just stopping for a Counter Service meal can be as satisfying. It is impossible to get it all done, and Disney is not going anywhere, so CRT will be there next trip, as will so many more dining "Hot Spots."

You did not ask, but the advice I give "newbies" is that there is no way to get it all in, and there is nothing that is so "must do" that you wear yourselves out trying to fit it in. Your trip needs to be "workable: in that your meals are convenient, your FP are made in a way that does not have you racing from one end of a park to the other, and your plans are not so tight that you are barely into one attraction or meal before you are trying to get out to get to the next. Enjoy your moments.

I really hope that you find a earlier time! Keep checking. We go every November, and have had luck grabbing cancellations even a few days before, so keep trying. You know your children best, but I know mine wouldn't be in good moods but 9:40 pm :( I think mine actually would have fallen asleep, and quite possibly wake up in a bad mood due to noise at CRT. I know CRT is an amazing experience you want to give your children, so just weigh out whether they will actually be able to enjoy it that late at night. CRT in my view is pricey, I would want my children to be able to enjoy it if I'M paying those prices! No matter where you all dine, both kids are going to have such an amazing trip, good luck!

Please cancel that ADR. This one is not going to work with the little ones, and will not get you get one that will be a better time frame. Akershus has the Princesses, and is wonderful. Frankly, if you could try for 1900 Park Fare dinner at the Grand Floridian, you might be much happier. Cindy and Charming do appear there, and they are joined by Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters. The meal is a buffet, and is pretty good, but much less money than CRT> and the kids can dance in the Grand Ballroom if you are there when the Grand Orchestra is entertaining.

Even if you cannot get a better time for CRT, you may find that booking a different restaurant, or just stopping for a Counter Service meal can be as satisfying. It is impossible to get it all done, and Disney is not going anywhere, so CRT will be there next trip, as will so many more dining "Hot Spots."

You did not ask, but the advice I give "newbies" is that there is no way to get it all in, and there is nothing that is so "must do" that you wear yourselves out trying to fit it in. Your trip needs to be "workable: in that your meals are convenient, your FP are made in a way that does not have you racing from one end of a park to the other, and your plans are not so tight that you are barely into one attraction or meal before you are trying to get out to get to the next. Enjoy your moments.
Thanks for input! I will definitely look into some of the other dining you mentioned. Definitely want to enjoy their reactions and vacation...I’m just overthinking and you’re right, there’s always next time ☺️

You have asked for advice as a "Total Newbie". The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do on a Disney World trip with a 3 and 6 year old is to keep as close as possible to their normal schedules. Eat at meal time, bed time, for the most part, is normal bed time, nap time is nap time etc. To push them to the limit will result in many days of melt downs. There is no way to understand the degree of stimulation they will be exposed to until you have experienced it.
As others have said, you can not do it all on one trip. I advise to relax and enjoy the moments you can plan.

You have asked for advice as a "Total Newbie". The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do on a Disney World trip with a 3 and 6 year old is to keep as close as possible to their normal schedules. Eat at meal time, bed time, for the most part, is normal bed time, nap time is nap time etc. To push them to the limit will result in many days of melt downs. There is no way to understand the degree of stimulation they will be exposed to until you have experienced it.
As others have said, you can not do it all on one trip. I advise to relax and enjoy the moments you can plan.
...was thinking to go back to rooms for 3yo regular nap and rest for 6yo (even if she just wants to hang by the pool) before either going back to same park or dinner. We’ve done Disney Cruise but I feel like there’s more control over what you do on those. Thanks for pro tips!

Don't give up hope. Keep checking as people continually change plans and cancel ADRs.
Another vote to try Touring Plans Reservation finder. It has helped us several times.
If you can't change the ADR, you still have some great places to eat and your kids will have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!