"Holding account?"

Jen D

DIS Veteran
Non-member, doing more research:

I have heard references to unused points that expire going into a holding account. What is this? I guess I assumed when they expire, they go away. Are they of any use to anyone in a holding account?

HI there,

Points go into a holding account if a reservation is canceled with 30 days of the reservation is supposed to begin.

The points that go in this holding account MUST be used that use year. They can NOT be banked. And they can only be used to make a reservation within 60 (help me out other people, I am still new member) of arrival for that reservation.

this is what I understand holding account to be. I am sure others will further clarify this, if I made any mistakes.

Mike

Above is correct. Holding Account is basically the penalty for last minute cancellations.If you use points to make a ressie and cancel 31 or more days before arrival there is no penalty and you can use those points again just like any others. If you cancel 30 days or less before date of arrival, all points go into a "holding account." All must be used for a trip that concludes by the end of the use year. Moreover, you can call to reserve another trip no more than 60 days before arrival date (which makes it tough to get another ressie as many times all rooms for a given date are gone well before 60 days out)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter