Holiday decor nov?

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
Hi i made my first dvc reservation for nov 13-18....will I see holiday decorations at the resorts? When do they usually start? I know mickeys Christmas party is going to start at MK....any idea?

a little.

they start decorating on nov 1 - mainly the parks, i think.

they have the decorating 99.9% complete by thanksgiving week. so some of the resort decorations/trees may not be up till then...

Based on what I've seen a few times on the week before thanksgiving week...
You will see MK (without its tree, that's not installed until they tape the parade in early Dec) decorated. The Osborne lights should be running (and a must do!)
EPCOT will still be in F&W mode.
Resorts are more likely to start decorating the 18th
DAK..I'm not sure.

Decoration time is fun. If they start earlier, a resort will look normal 1 evening, then you see decorations up in the am ;)

If you plan on being at WDW from November 13 - 18, I think you'll see lots of Holiday decorations at all the Parks and resorts.

Last year, we were at WDW from November 10 - 20. Looking back at the date stamp on our photos (which are more reliable than my memory), all of the Parks had some Holiday decorations up by the 10th: DHS, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom Park had their trees up no later than 11/12. Also, Mickey and Minnie were wearing their Holiday costumes for meet & greets by that time.

The resorts were just starting to put up their decorations when we arrived on November 10. AKV did not put up their big trees until the night of the 15th, but some resorts, such as BLT/Contemporary had theirs up sooner than AKV. If I recall correctly, by Saturday (11/17) every resort we visited had their Holiday decorations on display.

DH's birthday is November 17, and we've even seen the VWL, WL trees up then.

If you plan on being at WDW from November 13 - 18, I think you'll see lots of Holiday decorations at all the Parks and resorts.

Last year, we were at WDW from November 10 - 20...

remember that thanksgiving is later this year - i'll be curious if it impacts the timing on the decorations.

We have been during that week before. We saw them constructing gingerbread house at BCV and Grand Floridian. Don't remember details of decorations but there will be some up for sure!

The Magic Kingdom gets decorated first.

We were there last year (2012) from Nov 1 to Nov 10 and went to the last MK Halloween Party on the 2nd and the first MK Christmas Party on the 9th.
Halloween decorations disappeared by the 4th and they started putting up Christmas decorations soon after and completed by the 9th. I think the 9th was also the first night for the Osborn Holiday Lights at Hollywood Studios

In 2011 we stayed at the Beach Club Nov 17 to 21.
When we arrived the Yacht Club Christmas miniature train set was already up and we saw them put up the gingerbread carousel in the Beach Club lobby during our stay. A Christmas tree magically appeared overnight in the DVC lobby on the morning of the 18th. One or two “Holidays around the World” in EPCOT were up so it seems they get put up last.

See our trip reports for more info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter