Holiday Harmony December Exercise Challenge

Thursday is here...and I see everyone's been as busy as I have! :rotfl2:

And the chart asks:

What sight are you grateful for today?

:tink:I'll go all Disney on this one and say that first view of the castle in the morning!

Still moving. Just haven't stopped to add things up. Have been binge watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and second season of The Crown, so I haven't been on here as much. Will try to have an updated total by this weekend.

As for the "grateful" questions:

texture - It has been cold here lately, so soft, fuzzy blankets, sweaters, and socks at the moment.

abilities - riding a horse, empathize with others, built in compass (I'm really good with directions and it astounds my family members because they are not at all able to self-navigate)

sight - Disney bonus points answer - the welcome gate as we drive onto the property! That always puts a smile on my face. I agree with your castle answer, too, though, PollyannaMom. That's a good one!

sight - Disney bonus points answer - the welcome gate as we drive onto the property! That always puts a smile on my face. I agree with your castle answer, too, though, PollyannaMom. That's a good one!

That's so funny - I was actually debating between exactly those two!

35 minutes for me today - shoveling my driveway and a friend's - which means I'm at 240/465 and Plum Pudding Purple!

Doin' the Friday dance!!

I posted my minutes last night. Team total is 1,585 - with only 300 minutes to go until our next group color change!

Today's question is:
What season are you grateful for?

It sounds like a cop-out, but I have to say "all of them" because I'm always ready for the next one by the time it arrives. Right now I'm really enjoying the "pretty snow" part of winter...but give me some time, and I'll want spring. :laughing:

270 minutes since last update

1015/1300

I'm most grateful for fall. It can be a nice respite from the summer temps here, and I love the colors and crunchy leaves. We barely get a fall or spring and both are pretty, but spring means the horrid summer temps and humidity are nearly here. Winter would be a close second favorite.

Happy Saturday, everyone! :Pinkbounc

:rainbow: Twilight Sparkle has reached Rosy-cheeked Pink, and the team is only 30 minutes from Plum pudding Purple! :cheer2:

Today's question is:

What about your body are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for my feet, because I can walk comfortably. (My poor DH tends to get blisters at Disney. :( )

20 minutes for me yesterday, and with Sophy's 35, we are team purple!!! :cheer2: :rainbow: :cheer2:

Today's gratitude question is:

What knowledge are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for the collective knowledge available on the internet. I was always a curious kid, even in the days of bulky encyclopedias, but the speed at which today's students can satisfy that curiosity is amazing! (I don't even think education has caught up yet to this amazing change in how we learn and use information.)

165 minutes today

1180/1300

Grateful for:

body part - arms for hugging

knowledge - herbalism; I'm allergic to most classes of antibiotics, so I've had to learn a new (old) way of caring for myself when I get sick. It has been an interesting and enlightening journey, and I am so thankful for the plants on this earth.

Good morning, all!

No minutes for me yesterday, but we have two more color changes! :rainbow: Congratulations to sophy1996 on turning Plum Pudding Purple and to Twilight Sparkle on reaching Santa Hat Red!!!

Today's question is:

What piece of art are you grateful for?

I sometimes receive drawings from the kids when I substitute teach, and I'm grateful for those!

I also have a paper reindeer made by my DH as a child. I'm grateful that my MIL saved it and gave it to me, and now it hangs up every Christmas along with DS's.

85 minutes yesterday

1265/1300

I'm grateful for two portraits that we had done of our daughter. One was when she was 4 and the other was when she was 12. The first artist was quite the character and we loved his style but he has since passed away. The other is known nationally, is so very talented, and is a family friend.

You beat me to hugs, PollyannaMom, so I'll go with being grateful for my horse's head on my shoulder. It doesn't happen everyday, but when it does, it's special.

Last edited:
10 minutes for me, and team total at 2,200 minutes!

- I know it's hard to squeeze in exercise at this time of year, so great job team!! :cheer2:

Today's question is:
Who in your life are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for DS this morning, because he's a great kid and has been making me laugh since he woke up today!

40 minutes of walking Monday and Tuesday and a 60-minute Pilates class this morning.

600/1000

art - a drawing done by my nephew that showed something we did for him really made him happy

touch - a massage - have one scheduled and can't wait!

who - my DH

Geez, long time, no see, huh? I've been dealing with vertigo for the last several days. Still dizzy, but I'm just going to get over it and keep going.

I'll count 15 minutes walking at the mall on Saturday and 60 minutes on the treadmill today at work.
165/540.

I'll have to really step it up to make it even close to my goal this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter