Holiday Inn Family Suites???

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We're booked here 11/15-11/22 and have never stayed off-site before. We are me (Mom-41), my mom (very young 63), DS (16), DD (13) and our Russian exchange student (Liya,15). This hotel looked perfect for us (privacy for the girls, mini-kitchen, etc.) at my price range. I have a few questions though:

How's the shuttle? We'll have a car but thinking about letting the kids on their own for a few hours. Does it go to DTD in the evenings? (Kids love DQ, gives me a headache)

Is the pool heated?

How long does it take to drive to Epcot, MGM, AK and the TTC 1-1/1/2 hours before opening?

Just where is this place located? (I'm totally illiterate map-wise) and know nothing of the area except the way to the parks, including Universal, and the outlet mall.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks, Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

We just returned (10/13-10/20) and stayed here. It is right off of Rt 536 (the main road to Epcot) as for getting to other Disney sites it is all we marked if you are going by car. It takes about 10 minutes to get to Epcot, 20 to MK, 20-30 to MGM and AK. We had no problems finding this place from the airport, we used the brochure they had sent us and followed the directions printed on it, and we were there in about 25 minutes...

As for the shuttle service, we thought it was great, very clean and modern buses, it comes and goes at various times during the day, however, it does not go to Downtown Disney, but if you have a car, it is very easy to get to, or perhaps you can transfer to a disney bus at one of the parks, if you have a park hopper pass, and then catch the last bus back from Epcot in the evening. Just a thought, though....

As for the pool being heated, I could debate this one, we did an off day and went for a swim in the afternoon, and it did not feel like it was heated; however, the evenings it was warmer so perhaps the heater is off during the day...

Hope this info helps...

Amy

Hello Jennifer!

We also just returned on the 27th from there. Used their shuttle all the time, except the one time we missed the bus!! I agree with the previous poster. If you have Park Hopper passes, once you get to a park you can use the Disney transportation, which will get the girls to Disney Quest. And then they just use the Disney transportation to get back to one of the HIFS shuttle pickup stops. I encourage you to try not to be on the last shuttle stop. The bus can sometimes be pretty full. There were lots of people using the shuttle when we were there. From reading these boards it didn't sound like a lot of people were using the shuttle, but there were!

Also, there were signs on the highways everywhere giving you directions. It was very well marked. Just unreal at all the signs!

The pools are supposed to be heated.

We were a family of me and my husband (36 & 37), soon to be 13 year old son, and 3 year old son, plus my parents (60 & 57). We had a 2 bedroom kidsuite. My husband and I slept on the pullout couch. Once we pulled it out, there wasn't much room to get around. But it wasn't as bad as people made it sound.

My kids loved this hotel. So much for them to do. Have a great trip!

Just wondering how the pullout couch is - is it comfortable or do you feel like you're sleeping on the springs? My husband and I are planning to sleep on it when we go next week and we are giving the bedroom to my parents. Just wondering if we should take out blow-up mattress along just in case. Thanks a lot!

Julie:) :) :)

Our two teens slept on the pullout the week when we were there. One night I did sprawl out on it myself to chat with them and was surprised at how soft and comfy it was.... in fact, I teased them about it because they had been complaining all week about how uncomfortable they were. It was very comfy... what I didn't like about it is that it took up the whole room. So, I don't think you would need an air mattress. Have fun...
Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter