Holiday Inn International Drive

PAULINE HALL

Earning My Ears
I will be visiting Orlando in October with my family and we will be staying at the
Holiday Inn on International Drive. Has anyone stayed there and can they give me any information about this hotel, I would be most grateful for any comments anyone might
have.:) :bounce:

Hi Pauline

I just wanted to say welcome to THE DIS.

I can't help you as I stayed next door at Holiday Inn Express, but someone will be along soon that can help you out I am sure

Frances

Hi Pauline

We stayed there in January and had a tower room as recomended to us. You can take a virtual tour of the Hotel, but sorry I haven't got the address- it was on the UK site, but it may be on here.

We have 2 DD's and ate a lot at the hotel restaurant, as they ate free(both under 12) and the food was delicious!!

The pool is nice, but not too large, and the hot tub very hot!

We would definately stay there again, and recommend it to people.

Also its handy for Beltz- shopping and good for the iride if you've no car.

E-mail me if you want any more information.

Anne

To Frances G and Anne 1

Thankyou for your replies, I do hope that there will be some more replies so that it will give us a fair idea of what to expect when we arrive.

Pauline

Hi Pauline,

I have stayed at this hotel once and my brother has stayed here 3 times. Neither of us would stay anywere else (offsite)

We stayed in the Tower Room and had faxed a request for a King Room before - we got the room we wanted :D

The hotel has a pool and gym, neither of which we ever used but both looked clean and resonably busy.

The people on reception are really friendly and helpful and anything we asked for was never a problem. There is also a person there to help you with attractions and will also sell you tickets/book you a taxi if you need one.

There is a food court, that sells some snacks and drinks and also pizza in the evening and there is also a restaurant which I never used but my brother says is very nice.

I love the location of the HI - across the road there are few shops, which I used to enjoy going round in the evening and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We used to like to dine at ponderosa, there is an italian just across the road which my brother says is excellent. There is also a couple og convience stores within walking distance.

USF is about 5 minutes drive away and Disney is about 20 minutes drive away.

If you have any questions then i will try and answer them for you :D

Basically we really love this hotel and I would stay there again with no hesitation

Sally

Hi Sally

Thank you for your reply, it does sound really nice I can't wait to go and see for myself.
You may be able to help me again, we have already purchased a 5 day hopper to various places but it doesn't include Seaworld or Universal, we would all like to visit these, do you know if its easier and cheaper to buy them here or wait until we get to Orlando. I would be grateful of any tips you might have.

Thank you again

Pauline

Hi

I stayed in this hotel March 2000 and found it to be really nice. We stayed in the tower and it had great views of IDrive and IOA.

All the rooms are very clean, and have irons/boards, tea/coffee maker, fridge and microwave. We didn't eat here much but when we did the food was really good, they have a couple of restaurants and a deli, I would recommend the boxed salads.

There is also an information desk at the front for booking trips/tickets etc, all the staff are very helpful. I don't know if you have a car or not but you can book Mears transport from this desk and there is a free shuttle bus to Sea World/Universal and Wet N Wild.

Hope this helps.

Helen

Hi Pauline :wave:

~~*~~Welcome to the UKDis!~~*~~

A lot of us prefer to buy all our tickets for the parks before we leave the UK - so that we know we have them and have already paid for them :) Personally I just cant wait to get my hands on the tickets and cross them off my list! The more I have crossed off - the closer the holiday must be :)

If you want to visit Sea World, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, have you considered an Orlando 4 Park Flexiticket?

These are usually good value for money (they include Wet N Wild too) and are valid for 14 days from the first day you use them. Here is a link for Ticketmania where some of our members have purchased them from before now and I have only ever heard good reports back on their service.

Ticketmania

You could also try Keith Prowse who do the full range of tickets too.

If you start a new thread for any questions or queries you have - you will probably get a lot more answers :)

Hope this helps and glad to have you join us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter