Hollywood Studios Bus Stop

Christopher Nanny

Carousel-of-Color
I’m wondering with the temporary bus stop at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, would it be closer to drive and take the tram to the park entrance? From what I’m hearing this bus stop is quite a distance away from the park entrance…

The new bus stop is where the charter lot used to be. Tram Exit of course is closer.

Last edited:
The new bus stop is where the charter lot used to be.

This statement isn't quite correct. The current bus loop is further "inland" from where the charter lot used to be. The charter area used to be right next to the lagoon in this image.

dhs-charter-busloop-edit.jpg

The current loop actually stretches all the way to the entrance road coming from East Buena Vista Drive. If your bus happens to be near the end of the loop, you'll be walking much further than if you used the parking lot shuttle.

That said, unless you have mobility issues, I wouldn't use the distance as the sole reason to drive instead of take the bus. But, that's just my opinion.

This statement isn't quite correct. The current bus loop is further "inland" from where the charter lot used to be. The charter area used to be right next to the lagoon in this image.

The current loop actually stretches all the way to the entrance road coming from East Buena Vista Drive. If your bus happens to be near the end of the loop, you'll be walking much further than if you used the parking lot shuttle.

That said, unless you have mobility issues, I wouldn't use the distance as the sole reason to drive instead of take the bus. But, that's just my opinion.

You are 100% correct, it is further inland then what the charter lot was. I haven't seen a good picture like the one you provided until now. Boy things have changed! Thank you.

I was surprised during mid august trip to find this mess. Naturally, our stop, the poly, was at the end.

Do not discount the heat, humidity and blazing sun on that trek to the bus stop. There was zero shade. I understand cooling buses were brought in the next day due to people passing out.

You are 100% correct, it is further inland then what the charter lot was. I haven't seen a good picture like the one you provided until now. Boy things have changed! Thank you.

I try hard to give credit when I post other people's images. Unfortunately, I didn't keep good notes on this one, so I'm not sure where I found it. It might have been the Aerial Images thread on the Disney Rumors and News forum.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aerial-images-of-disney-theme-parks-new-aerials-8-24.3573399

Do not discount the heat, humidity and blazing sun on that trek to the bus stop. There was zero shade. I understand cooling buses were brought in the next day due to people passing out.

Don't forget the rain. About two weeks ago, I almost got caught in a downpour (with thunder and lightning) while waiting out there in no man's land (no person's land?). My bus had just finished loading when the rain came. I felt sorry for the people stuck outside waiting for their busses. It was just after closing, so there had to be hundreds of people out there.

It looks like this is also affecting the walking path from the EPCOT resort area, is that correct? In the picture, it looks like it is being rerouted inland along with the temporary bus stop for now?

It looks like this is also affecting the walking path from the EPCOT resort area, is that correct? In the picture, it looks like it is being rerouted inland along with the temporary bus stop for now?
Yes. This is actually the 2nd reroute of the walking path. The prior path went past the (now) old Charter bus stops.
I turned on the timer on my watch as we walked out of the turnstiles at HS last week. The time it took to walk from there to the original path area was 10 min. 8 min more and we were at the boat dock at BWI. DH and I are 55 and at least 50 lbs overweight, so far from fit. We don't walk fast.

Has anyone heard ( or can guess ) when the permanent loop will be done ? Returning in Jan, and hope not to have to endure that mess.

Hope this is done by February. We usually park in handicap, but the tram is good because of where the original tram park stop is. If they moved that way out, there's no good way for me to walk to the entrance, I guess I could get dropped off.

Pretty sure I could’ve tossed a rock from the poly bus stop and hit the parking toll booth.

I cannot express how hot it was mid august, going with the heat reflecting off the asphalt with nothing to break it up. No trees, no umbrellas, nothing.

Tim Tracker just posted a vlog showing the temporary stop. He said it seems far but the walk was only about 5 minutes.

Pretty sure I could’ve tossed a rock from the poly bus stop and hit the parking toll booth.

Almost. The current bus loop extends all the way to the edge of the parking lot. The entrance road from E Buena Vista Drive (where the toll booths sit) is only 20 or 30 yards further from the last stops.

Tim Tracker just posted a vlog showing the temporary stop. He said it seems far but the walk was only about 5 minutes.
Yep.
I timed the walk. Turned on the tracking on my watch as I came out of the turnstiles and when I got to the bus stop area it was 6 min, at the walking pace of overweight 55 yo

Soooo glad I'm at the Swan and Dolphin this trip. And booked at the Boardwalk Inn for next fall.

Yep.
I timed the walk. Turned on the tracking on my watch as I came out of the turnstiles and when I got to the bus stop area it was 6 min, at the walking pace of overweight 55 yo

Which isn't bad, but horrible compared to the 1 minute walk it used to be.

Almost. The current bus loop extends all the way to the edge of the parking lot. The entrance road from E Buena Vista Drive (where the toll booths sit) is only 20 or 30 yards further from the last stops.

Lol i gotta a heck of an arm :). Seriously, we termed it the death march. Wound up using uber for a few trips afterwards, at least the walk had some shade.

It’s a long walk at the end of park day but it was truly the heat/humidity/lack of shade that was a deal breaker. i cannot impress the fact that it seemed drastically hotter over there vs the in-park feel.

What the best way (shortest walk) to the entrance to HS these days? Bus, boat, or drive car/tram?

What the best way (shortest walk) to the entrance to HS these days? Bus, boat, or drive car/tram?
The boat dock is much closer than anything else.

The parking tram is the next closest, but it's about a quarter mile walk. Uber, Lyft, Minnie Van, and taxi are slightly further.

The bus stops vary depending on which stop they drop you at. The closet stop is about the same walking distance as the tram stop, but the furthest one is 4/10 of a mile from the entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!