Hollywood Studios Worth It?

KatieK82

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! My boyfriend and I have a trip planned to WDW in June. I was expecting Toy Story land to be open in Hollywood Studios but bc of the June 30th opening date, we will unfortunately miss it by a week. That being said I would love to get peoples opinions on wether HS is worth using a park day. We will have our 7yr old daughter with us who isn't a big ride fan. I've never been to HS before so I don't know how many kid friendly rides there are. She will definitely not do Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller coaster. I was thinking it might be better to do Universal instead. Any thought and opinions would be welcomed!

ONE fun thing about HS is the shows. It has been a long time since we were there, but I did enjoy the shows they put on there. For your little one who doesn’t like the rides, she may enjoy the entertainment

This topic is debated a lot, and what the answer comes down to is if what HS has to offer is of interest to you, then go. If it's not of interest, then skip it. I just roll my eyes when people say "It's a half day park". The same could be said for the other parks...if you don't like anything they have, then you can be done with it in half a day. It's only a half day park if you don't like the offerings it has. Otherwise, it's very easy to spend an entire day there...or more.

Yes, RnR and ToT are two of the big thrill rides. But there's still TSMM, Star Tours, MuppetVision, Little Mermaid, One Mans' Dream, Launch Bay and many shows. Frozen Sing a Long is really funny.

So I'd suggests checking out the attractions they have and making a decision. Plenty to do there besides the thrill rides. My own opinion is that absolutely yes, go to HS!! But that's because I love all it has to offer, including the thrill rides.

I love the Frozen Sing-a-long. I hadn’t even seen Frozen yet, but it made me want to see it. It’s Hysterical and the actors were phenomenal!

Hi Everyone! My boyfriend and I have a trip planned to WDW in June. I was expecting Toy Story land to be open in Hollywood Studios but bc of the June 30th opening date, we will unfortunately miss it by a week. That being said I would love to get peoples opinions on wether HS is worth using a park day. We will have our 7yr old daughter with us who isn't a big ride fan. I've never been to HS before so I don't know how many kid friendly rides there are. She will definitely not do Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller coaster. I was thinking it might be better to do Universal instead. Any thought and opinions would be welcomed!

If she isn't into big rides, I wouldn't do DHS. If she isn't into Harry Potter, I don't know if I would do Universal either which has more thrill rides than DHS. I would probably visit one of the other WDW parks instead.

I think this whole discussion is so funny. People are always complaining there aren't any rides at DHS, then someone comes on and says their daughter isn't into rides and people say don't go.o_O Anyway, we thought the shows were a lot of fun there. We spent three half days at DHS and it's the only one of the parks that we don't feel like we finished. On the other hand I'm in the process of planning a trip to Universal so I guess I'm hoping that's good too.:D

We would never think skipping DHS, although there is a little less to do at the moment. Even for a 7yo who isn't into rides, there's still plenty I wouldn't miss. I think TSMM is more game than ride. Lots of interesting street shows. On top of that there's Frozen Sing-a-long, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Muppets 3D and music of Disney. We have enjoyed them all. To me it's just the feeling you get when you walk through the gate and take your first step into the park. It never gets old to me, so I think if you choose to do DHS you won't go wrong.

If would skip Universal since it is mostly thrill rides. How long is your trip and where are you staying? If you are not at a resort that is close to Epcot or HS and it is short I would skip HS but if it is a longer than a week if you have enough time for 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, and 1-2 days at AK and can fit HS in then go for it. If it is a short trip and you are staying in a resort close to Epcot and DS I would try to squeeze some time in there.

My DD was 6 and loved the shows there and we spent a great deal of time there last summer. Also, depending on when in June you go, you could always stumble in to a soft opening. If you have hoppers you could always try it and leave if it is just not for your family.

We are also going in June prior to the opening. I am changing the number of days we will spend there.

A half day is good enough for us.

I would say, go! My daughters aren't thrill ride fans (they've done RnR coaster but only 1 daughter likes it; we've never done ToT), but there's so much more to do in Hollywood Studios, like others have said above.

I think this whole discussion is so funny. People are always complaining there aren't any rides at DHS, then someone comes on and says their daughter isn't into rides and people say don't go.o_O Anyway, we thought the shows were a lot of fun there. We spent three half days at DHS and it's the only one of the parks that we don't feel like we finished. On the other hand I'm in the process of planning a trip to Universal so I guess I'm hoping that's good too.:D

:confused3

Huh? Yes, for those who love thrill rides (or simply a lot of rides like MK offers), DHS may not be enough for them. For those that don't like rides at all, unless you like Star Wars or really old shows that are in desperate need of a refurb, DHS may not be the right choice for them. Those are two different issues.

As someone who isn’t a fan of rides and has toddlers who aren’t tall enough for most rides we really enjoyed HS this morning! If you rope dropped you could totally do the park in a half day if you wanted to be back to back, or a full day!

We saw Muppets, Frozen and Little Mermaid this morning and really liked all 3 (though Frozen was totally hysterical!)

How many days is your trip?

Adding one day at Universal is very pricey, and Universal definitely doesn't cater to small kids who don't like rides. One day park-to-park tickets are almost $200 each. Not that you couldn't find enough to fill a day there, but know what you're getting into.

My advice would be to stick with Disney. If you think your daughter would like to do the shows and meet and greets at DHS, do it. If not, do an extra day at MK.

HS is our 2nd favorite park after MK, and we do not like thrill rides. We can spend a whole day there, and we don't ride ToT or RnR. We really enjoy the shows, and the atmosphere of the whole park. If she's a Frozen fan, the Frozen sing-a-long is a must do. We belly laugh through the entire thing... sit near the front of the theater if you can. We also love the Indiana Jones stunt show, and Toy Story mania.

Just because Toy Story Land won't be open doesn't mean that Toy Story Mania won't be open. She'd probably enjoy that.

I would look at what's offered and make the decision. No one knows your daughter like you do. Does she like Star Wars? She'd probably like HS then. especially the Jedi training academy and meeting the characters.

We're going in May for a day and I'm concerned I won't be able to fit everything in! I think it's all perspective and what you would enjoy.

We're going in May for a day and I'm concerned I won't be able to fit everything in! I think it's all perspective and what you would enjoy.

haha, same here! We are also planning a whole day at Hollywood Studios and our itinerary is completely packed. Still plenty to do IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter